It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I'M the one who Googled chloroform': Casey Anthony's mother drops a bombshell as she testifies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I agree, I search for some crazy stuff on the internet, I search for odd things all the time, I don't expect that someone will pull up my search history or anything in the future .............. but if I DID something... based on my searches, I think they would have the right to look up what I've searched, and use it against me.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

I agree, I search for some crazy stuff on the internet, I search for odd things all the time, I don't expect that someone will pull up my search history or anything in the future .............. but if I DID something... based on my searches, I think they would have the right to look up what I've searched, and use it against me.

Why should they have the right? It is not evidence. It is inflammatory and prejucidicial, but it has no bearing on whether or not she murdered anyone.

In fact, if she HAD used chloroform in the past to commit a crime, by law the jury could not be told about it.

edit on 26-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

It's always high profile when a mother kills her own child. Especially when the child is a beautiful little girl and the mother is a pretty woman who had any number of relatives who were willing to take that child.

It's not every day you see a female suburban psycho. That's why people are so fascinated. It means crazy might be lurking anywhere.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
SUUUUUUUUUURE she did.

Seriously, anybody else seeing this as a big lie? What mother wouldn't do everything they can to protect their children? This is just another example of that.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Especially when there is no man to shift the blame to...

www.northjersey.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
SUUUUUUUUUURE she did.

Seriously, anybody else seeing this as a big lie? What mother wouldn't do everything they can to protect their children? This is just another example of that.

Makes no difference. The judge should have never even allowed that line of questioning to begin with. I would be willing to bet that something like 80% of internet users have googled chloroform at one point or another.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

SUUUUUUUUUURE she did.

Makes no difference. The judge should have never even allowed that line of questioning to begin with. I would be willing to bet that something like 80% of internet users have googled chloroform at one point or another.

I have never googled "chloroform" or "how to make chloroform" till this week, when all of this came up! LOL just saying!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Even I can recover your data AFTER you delete your internet history:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guarantee you a cheeseburger I may be able to piece together part of the history on your computer if not all of it.

Wanna bet that cheeseburger??? I'm running Linux

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

SUUUUUUUUUURE she did.

I have never googled "chloroform" or "how to make chloroform" till this week, when all of this came up! LOL just saying!

Well, since this week it has probably jumped to 90%. But think of how many times it has been referenced in movies, news, pop culture. And every one of those times, there were swarms of people who would go google it to see if there really was a knock out tonic.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

Ok, so that post should have been a bit longer...my apologies for laziness. Basically...America always has to have things to obsess over. There's usually some court case/murder/missing person's thing going on being massively covered in the media. It does not really matter who is involved, or the end result (if there is jail time, or someone is killed, or never found...etc). All that matters is that there is something tragic or disgusting or whatever to plaster all over the place and constantly talk about.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Casey Anthony is one of the reasons I stopped reading MSM altogether and only come here for news...

Now its here....

its like an infectious disease there's no immunity from it anywhere

I feel dirty

can I get a shot of pennicillin?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Not that I think she's innocent or anything, but I've googled some pretty weird $hit in my time.

Chloraform!!! More like Boraform!!!

I hope I never have to go on trial...the media would have a field day with some of my Googlings.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Apparently somebody using that computer researched it 84 times. Sounds like allot, but if you think about it when you do a search sometimes you look at a dozen sites or so to find the one that meets your needs the most with the least crap to wade through to get what you want. Every click counts so couple more than a dozen sites with a half dozen clicks and you're at the prosecutions so called 84 searches where they attempt to exaggerate how much effort went into the search.

Not that anybody here is a murderer or even a criminal, but it's still a good reminder why everyone who uses a computer should have it forensically wiped prior to selling it or disposing of it, so data miners looking to do you harm have to look elsewhere. If nothing else pull the hard drive & beat it to a pulp with a sledge hammer on the garage floor. It wont take more than 15 minutes of your time even if you've never opened a computer prior.

edit on 26-6-2011 by verylowfrequency because: your - you're whatever I need a secretary damit

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
Casey Anthony is one of the reasons I stopped reading MSM altogether and only come here for news...

Now its here....

its like an infectious disease there's no immunity from it anywhere

I feel dirty

can I get a shot of pennicillin?

You do realize that this forum is for discussion right? And we aren't all discussing the article, but the precedent it sets as far as using GOOGLE Searches in a conviction, and having it be the difference between 1) Murder or 2) Premeditated Murder which would also be the difference between 1) Life or 2) Death?

So while you throw your hands up and pretend that this is your escape from the spectre of the MSM you act just like some sick inverted perspective sheep?

I Don't Get It?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Let me offer a different way of looking at this, and maybe that will help this discussion along...

If it is found that she used google to create chloroform, doesn't someone begin using that to regulate and censor the web?

With all the open talk of censorship on the web, doesn't this raise any red flags to you people?

You're all so quick to say, "Well they just sensationalize a random case every so often", and that's partially true...

There are thousands of cases to choose from at any given time, and you don't think internet censorship has anything to do with this case? Even if you don't, you can't tell me you don't see this setting that precedent, or becoming an example that special interest groups will parade around to support their agenda, do you?

Think about who those special interest groups are, and you see that it is all three branches of government that favor this agenda, and you wonder why it's on the news?

Is that better?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
You do realize that this forum is for discussion right? And we aren't all discussing the article, but the precedent it sets as far as using GOOGLE Searches in a conviction, and having it be the difference between 1) Murder or 2) Premeditated Murder which would also be the difference between 1) Life or 2) Death?

So while you throw your hands up and pretend that this is your escape from the spectre of the MSM you act just like some sick inverted perspective sheep?

I Don't Get It?

My fault ENTIRELY for being bored enough to poke in here and see if there was a conspiracy of some kind taking place or something totally above top secret.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time google searches were used by prosecution

www.techdirt.com...
lawprofessors.typepad.com...
boingboing.net...

Thanks for the insults though, I feel special you singled me out

edit on 26-6-2011 by Forevever because: ♥

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
should of used SCROOGLE

edit on 26-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It shouldn't have been used as evidence anyway. What if she searched it because she was interested in learning? Or she thought you could get high off of it? Or she saw that "chloroform the one you love" picture on her boyfriends computer and didn't know what it was so she searched it. It's super poor circumstantial evidence.

I think she killed her daughter on accident being negligent honestly.

Nancy Grace the b***h empress of television and hack attorney made sure she couldn't get a fair trial.
There isn't enough evidence to convict Casey. Yes she probably did it, but it can't be proved and I'd rather let a girl that likely accidentally allowed her daughter to die and will definitely not re-offend go free (light sentence rather) than twist the justice system and possibly put a grieving mother behind bars tearing a family apart further.

Yes she is a liar, yes she did something wrong,(what we don't know) but I don't think it can be proven enough to hand her a heavy sentence. Give her a short sentence and let her go she isn't going to go out and start killing.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

SUUUUUUUUUURE she did.

Well, since this week it has probably jumped to 90%. But think of how many times it has been referenced in movies, news, pop culture. And every one of those times, there were swarms of people who would go google it to see if there really was a knock out tonic.

Well it's a minor point, but you're wrong. I'd be amazed if it was even above 5%, and that's even if we restrict the search data just to US. I'll take you up on your bet though!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

If a child died from chloroform, and google indicated a search for "how to make chloroform" was performed 84 times, shortly before her death, you don't think that is worthwhile information from google?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join