It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I'M the one who Googled chloroform': Casey Anthony's mother drops a bombshell as she testifies

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is where discussion with you ends. I think you might just be trolling. There was none found on the body, the body was found skeletal in the woods. Barely a body at all. Later.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It is not personal opinion. The evidence proved that she was guilty. The jurors voting were voting on opinion as well, not fact. No justice was served.

What evidence proved she was guilty? Hard to determine who the "murderer" is when the cause of death isn't even known, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

Originally posted by DerekJR321

They can only now go after her on involuntary manslaughter or whatever the other charge is (unlawful death?).

They can not charge her or anyone else in this case.

To do so would be double jeopardy

That is incorrect.

Should another suspect come to light that suspect can be tried. It is Ms. Anthony who cannot be tried again for the crime.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It is not personal opinion. The evidence proved that she was guilty. The jurors voting were voting on opinion as well, not fact. No justice was served.

Apparently the evidence did not prove that she was guilty. I have followed this case very closely since Aug of 2008. I belong to an online group and read and comment on several blogs all of them centered on this case. I have looked at every piece of evidence as it was released. (thank you sunshine laws) I read every deposition. I googled every scientific piece of evidence. I researched decomposition rates in different environments. I learned about mitochondrial vs nuclear DNA. I took some flak but mostly kept quiet with my opinion that the state was not building a very strong case. I kept hoping that they maybe held something back to use at the 11th hour but they did not. They didnt convince me over a three year period and they didnt convince this jury over the last 30 days.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by adeclerk

no it was a day of injustice!! A little girl was killed at the hands of this monster. I hope stick a detective on her 24-7 and constantly tail her and charge her for every little thing and send her away for life. This was not justice

I didn't see the case that way. There's so much truth to be told here and the Jurors recognized that and responded by doing their job. I'm not defending the woman in any way, she makes me sick and she knows who did it and/or who helped her. As another poster noted, better for a guilty person to walk free versus an innocent or the wrong person put to death.
Hiring a detective to stalk an already mentally ill and unstable individual as revenge for disagreement? I'm sorry, but that is very..un_professional.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Marrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

On the forum I belong to that has discussed this case from the very begining we discussed the possibility of Casey putting the tape on Caylee due to what is known as the "O" factor. When a person dies their mouth falls open and usually cannot be made to close. Also it is possible that she placed that tape there to keep insects out of her little girls mouth. I think it was an accident. I think she paniced and didnt know how to tell her parents. I think that a day went by and then another while she tired to work up enough courage to face this horror. I think that as time went by she went into a kind of denial. Like her mother when she was 7 months pregnant with Caylee and Cindy was telling family that Casey had female troubles but was not pregnant. This family hides and denies what they dont want to face.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

She had possession of all the evidence, mainly.

!. She had possession of the child. This is the MAIN evidence. She HAD the child when last seen.

2. She had possession of the car, where the body had been long enough to decompose. She later abandoned the car next to a dumpster, to make the odors "blend lin". She called her BF to come pick her up, so we know it was she who abandoned the car.

3. She had possession of the blanket the child was wrapped in, it came off child's bed, or out of the child's bedroom.

4. She borrowed a shovel from the neighbor, reportedly considering burying the body in her parents back yard.
Cadaver dogs sniffed out scents of decompostion in the area where she placed the body, as she changed her mind. Probably realized this was a bad idea, and decided to take the body elsewhere.

5. As far as accidental injury, there is NEVER any reason to place duct tape on a child's face. Not a one.

Then the other things I'm sure you already know about. Chloroform in the car. Google search on how to make chloroform. Google search on "neck breaking".

The multitude of lies covering her whereabouts for a month.

The "bella-indifference" upon learning the child was deceased.

As for doing all this to cover up an accidental injury? Nobody is that stupid.

edit on 7/5/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

What about doing all of that to cover up not an accidental injury but an accidental death. See thats very different and someone not famaliar with the laws or afraid of what her parents reaction would be apparently did just that. I think one bad decision led to another and this got really out of hand. Maybe I'm just an optimist who wants to see the best in everyone. (I've been told that before LOL )

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

How much chloroform was there? Chloroform does not spontaneously form, it is placed there.

Actually chloroform does spontaneously form. It forms when components containing chlorine or other bases breaks down.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Didn't she have to be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt? So if there was any doubt, she would receive the verdict she did.

I didn't follow the case at all. SOMEONE killed the little girl. I know if my kid came up missing for even 10 minutes I would be freaking out. 30 some odd days and shes partying? I dunno.. the whole family is screwed up and I'm sure the mom and dad knew full well what happened. Frankly I think they are all guilty. But now she will walk free (after her time on the other 4 charges).

They can only now go after her on involuntary manslaughter or whatever the other charge is (unlawful death?).

I think the prosecution really screwed the pooch on this one. And I think the defense threw every single thing they could at the jury. From the dad molesting her to the brother molesting her.

The saddest part is now she will probably get stinking filthy rich over book deals and movies.

They cannot go after her for anything. Trial is over and done. No appeals can happen on the part of the state. Only with a conviction can the defendant appeal. The state cannot appeal when they loose a case. They cannot bring additional charges against her, not in this situation anyway.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm posting this theory in all the Casey Anthony threads I actually participated in.

I was doing some thinking and maybe this will change people's minds that she isn't a straight up murderer(ess).

My Theory

How about this?
She ( Casey) goes shopping or to visit her boyfriend and she leaves Caylee in the car with the air conditioner running. It was june/july so it's well above 100 degrees in Fla. is stupid and thinks it will be fine cuz the air is running, but she is inside too long the car runs out of gas (remember the car did run out of gas one day I think that is the day Caylee died, just a few minutes before Casey and her boyfriend went to get the gas can). It wouldn't take any time for a child to succumb to 107 degree temperature in a car. She has a heat stroke and dies. She tells her father who is an ex cop and he knows how this stuff goes down and tells her how she is doomed to go to jail for a looong time. He could scare her to death, his experience as a cop would have her believing everything he said (and it would be neglect so it is very likely she would go for a long time) so she freaks out and decided to ditch the body. She doesn't get rid of it right away because like a person standing next to a casket of a loved one at a funeral home, she doesn't want to let go. She keeps opening the trunk and looking at her daughter. Then the O factor and the eyes make Casey decide to close her mouth so its not gaping.

I'm just putting out a possible scenario here. This is why it wouldn't have made sense to convict her of murder. Remember she would be freaking out so all of her behavior would be to cover that something was wrong.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Fascinating theory!
But, I'm wondering why the detective's notes weren't brought into the trial where he writes that Casey told him that she'd use chloroform on Caylee in bed. (Scroll to page 2)
www.wftv.com...

I'm really angry that this wasn't brought out in the trial.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I don't think those notes are real. Maybe someones speculation because if she confessed to that (which she didn't confess to anything and lied so much I doubt she would) the prosecutors would have brought that paper out for sure.

I'd never heard about that before. I doubt the notes are legit because they said that the idea she was molested was never brought up until trial and it's on that page. There was nothing recorded that had ever mentioned molestation so by closing arguments the judge said the defense wasn't even allowed to bring it up.

Also I think the prosecutors would have definitely brought this up if Casey admitted she did that to Caylee. So i dunno if I believe whoever wrote that. Chloroform was only searched one time and there was no evidence of it ever found outside trace amounts that can appear naturally.
And even if she did do that, which I highly doubt she admitted to (i would say it was a cops speculation) it still wouldn't prove that she accidentally killed her with chloroform. I don't know, something is fishy about her running out of gas and desperately getting the cans.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Those notes look more like the notes of a tabloid reporter. They mention Casey getting jealous when she found out her lawyers wife was pregnant. I don't think the notes are anything legit. Casey definitely didn't say she chloroformed her daughter.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well, whether you believe the notes are real or not, here's where I got them from:
www.wftv.com...

The notes I linked to are under the heading Evidence Documents Released 11/02/2010.
So, take it for what you will.

EDIT to Add: It actually was brought out during the trial that Casey told the detective that her dad and brother molested her. The detective himself testified to that. I'll have to find the time to watch the videos of the detective on the stand, but I know it's there.
edit on 16-7-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Huh..I believe you. I wonder why the judge didn't let Baez use it in his closing statements then. Also all the news shows acted like Baez was despicable and the defense teams just whipped up that story about the molestation and they were just ruining the family and making up stuff.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I hear you, but the bigger question is why Ashton didn't use this in his argument.
It would've been interesting to see the defense explain why Casey would even admit to the detective that she used chloroform on Caylee.
So many unanswered questions.....

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yeah.. that is what made me question it. I think maybe it was just that detectives speculation. If it's even the note of an officer. You can't really trust it cuz there would likely be a video of her saying it and that bit about jose baez and her kind of discredits it.

Also.. the prosecutors threw everything they had, so I don't think they would have missed this. That also leads me to believe it's not real/true.
edit on 16-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

There are things about the notes that could help them be determined if they are real if someone has the time to check them out and do some cross referencing.
For instance, the front page of the notes is dated 01/27/2010, and the website says that they were placed into evidence on 11/02/10. I'm also wondering why there is a bar code stuck to the upper left hand corner of the page. I didn't think that evidence was marked with any type of bar code. Also, as you scroll further, there is a note that says that Casey was upset that (Baez's?) wife was pregnant under where it says that Casey and Baez are close(!) The fact that the writer of the notes denotes time using military style makes me believe that these are not those of a reporter and written by Yuri Melich or another detective.

I'll be very interested to see the video of Casey's reaction when she saw on the TV that Caylee was found. I believe the Orlando Sentinel has pushed for its release now that the trial is over. We'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Eh.. lots of jobs train you to write in military time. I did when I worked at a coal dock.
Also the thing about Baez wife and stuff definitely reminds me of tabloid speculation. I don't know I will try to find out.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join