It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec hackers say disbanding after last data dump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

LulzSec hackers say disbanding after last data dump

www.reuters.com

The Lulz Security group of rogue hackers announced it was disbanding on Saturday with one last data dump, which included internal AOL Inc and AT&T documents.

LulzSec, which gained wide recognition for breaching the websites of Sony Corp, the CIA and a British police unit among other targets, said in a statement that it had accomplished its mission to disrupt corporate and government bodies for entertainment.

"Our planned 50 day cruise has expired, and we must now sail into the distance, leaving behind -- we hope -- inspiration, fear, denial, happiness, approval, disapproval, mockery, em
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, if this group didn't strike you as conspiratorial before, now they have just said they were disbanding?

Nothing like raising a ruckus, releasing some threatening information, then riding off into the sunset...

Forgive me for my obvious leanings that this is all part of an effort to have the government saddle up and ride to our rescue by implementing a much tighter grip on the internet..

This is playing out like a B movie.. at least from where I sit..

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
These are just kids no conspiracy here at all.
Well not exactly kids but vie been following them very closely via there irc and they aren't a govt op most of them aren't even from the us..
Plus they are disbanding lulzsec but not the #antisec movement
The reason they stopped is because they were getting to close to being exposed..
edit on 25-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

You say that - but you don't know that for sure.

Hackers have been around for a long time, in many forms. What we're seeing is people getting angry with authority.
Every time a hacker is arrested, more and more people join the cause.

You can't honestly say that all these random groups all belong to the government.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
These are just kids no conspiracy here at all.

/sigh

These kids - have done more to shake up the governments than you'll probably ever dream of doing.

Think before you talk.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Lol yea come at me like that.. :/ might want to reread my post Ive been all for them for a while

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

Lol yea come at me like that.. :/ might want to reread my post Ive been all for them for a while

My apologies then. I'm just tired of hearing so many derisive comments about them

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It straight you were just so quick.. and there really is no conspiracy within this group that's consisted of mainly kids my age..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

This is only my opinion on this current spike in data theft that has been hitting the news lately.

None of this makes sense to me, we're talking high profile breaches, and on the other hand you have the anon crowd going from minor issues to attacking major corporations, threatening NATO etc etc.. I thought that our cybersecurity was top notch, yet kids can cause this much trouble?

And this new group pops up out of the blue and are doing the same? Now that there is an established, so called "threat", to both business & government data, this group slinks away ...

It just doesn't sit right with me.. I could be wrong about it but that's how I feel, and I can only imagine what the US congress will pass as a protective measure for our safety..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Already a thread on it if you want to join in. Some interesting things have been brought up too. Oh jeez just realized you're a super mod (didn't intend that to sound sarcastic, was just worried about the b@hammer lol).
edit on 25-6-2011 by Domo1 because: added

edit on 25-6-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thanks, missed it..

Please join the existing thread linked in the post above ^^

Closed..

top topics

join