It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to regulate synthetic cannabis...LEAP say STOP !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
hi everybody...

i just got this interesting email from an organisation called LEAP...

LAW ENFORCEMENT AGAINST PROHIBITION...

yes AGAINST...very interesting....

the following is the full content...

Media Release:

Call to regulate synthetic cannabis

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) Australia is calling
on all State and Territory Governments to STOP and look at the
mistakes of the past century before condemning law enforcement
agencies to another futile battle in stopping the trade in another prohibited substance...

Moves are underway around the Australia to legislate against synthetic cannabis;
one of its common names is „Kronic‟.

History has proven that there are numerous problems with the prohibition of drugs,
take alcohol prohibition in America in the 1920‟s as an example.

So what is synthetic cannabis? The first fact is that it is not an organic or natural product.
It is simply weeds (of unknown origin) that have been laced with a synthetic cannabinoid;
a compound that mimics the behaviour of THC, the active compound in cannabis that gets
the consumer stoned.

The synthetic compound has even been linked to a multi-national pharmaceutical company.

What is so bad about synthetic cannabis? If we want to put distorted morals first,
then any person who freely chooses to consume a psycho active substance should be
looked down upon and punished (unless that person is consuming alcohol), even if their
actions do not affect anyone else. But if we want to look at the scientific proof of the danger
of synthetic cannabis, the evidence is only anecdotal.

LEAP Australia believes that all mind altering, psycho active, psychopharmaceutical,
or psychotropic drugs should be regulated. What is occurring with synthetic cannabis
at the moment is the perfect opportunity for policy makers to use evidence instead of
emotion to reduce the harms that prohibition creates.

LEAP Australia believes that what matters with any drug is that access to it is controlled
by authorities not by a black market. You only benefit society by regulating products, you
reduce access to it, you can manage any harm the drug creates, you take away the allure
for youth, and you reduce and possibly eliminate the crime associated with their trade.
Finally, the revenues gained by taxation would more than exceed the health costs to assist
people negatively affected by the substance.

17 June 2011 was the 40th Anniversary of the phrase “War on Drugs”.
Since then over one trillion dollars has been spent trying to win the “War”.

It is estimated that organised crime is making $350 billion per annum globally
out of the trade in prohibited drugs.

All the statistics show that the “War” will never be won. The frustrating part of this “War”
is that we can turn it into a revenue earner for governments, reduce the impacts on every
sector of society and reduce the effects on the abusers.

A recent document from the Global Commission on Drug Policy, contributed to by LEAP Australia
Patron, the Hon. Michael Kirby; former prime ministers and presidents; former secretary general of
the United Nations, Kofi Annan; and, identities like Richard Branson, reported into bringing more
effective control over the illicit drug market.

globalcommissionondrugs.org...

Even former American President Jimmy Carter has recently called for a change in drug policy.

Politicians have enough scientific evidence available to them in this „information age‟ to
make decisions that are based on fact and proof, not on popularity, emotion and distorted morals.

It is time to start returning tax revenues to improve society instead of wasting it on a war that
will never be won and is negatively impacting on all of us.

For more information:

www.leapaustralia.org

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There is also a "LEAP" in the United States, and they also think along the same lines. Unfortunately, this thread will probably get 404'd any second. I can't wait to see this new 404 page everyone is talking about.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

gday OldCorp,
+ thanks for the reply...

i am all excited now about getting my first 404 !!!

+ about to take a screen shot for posterity...

i think i already saw the new one (404) , it was on the recent thread about
Antarctica ice melts uncovering "strange" anomalies...

thanks again,

+ seeya

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Tried the synthetics,liked it.
JWH-018 was good.
but I thought it was banned already.
edit on 25-6-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

gday kdog1982,
+ thanks for the reply...

like i said, i have never even heard about it,
+ believe me, i LOVE my smoko...

also have taken note of "JWH-018",
i will try and get some,
before it all goes "up in smoke"..!

thanks again,

+ seeya.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
it should be legalized and taxed.imagine how crippled drug smugglers would become!I have a medical lisence for it,and theres a dispensary literally about 100 feet from my home,it would be much easier though if i didnt have to fake back pain.HAHA

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It's not like our MJ laws are very harsh in OZ any way,unless your toking in a shopping centre or a big dealer/grower the jacks don't give a toss

Marijuana Laws in Australia May 19th 2009 07:56 State by state:

VICTORIA Possession of cannabis is a criminal offence, but first or second-time offenders with less than 50 grams may be cautioned.

NSW Possession is criminal, but with less than 15 grams, offenders can receive up to two cautions.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA Government plans to decriminalise possession of up to 30 grams or up to two non-hydroponic plants, but $200 fines will apply. First-time offenders are now cautioned.

QUEENSLAND Possession is criminal, but adults may be cautioned.

ACT Possession of up to 25 grams, or five plants, is not a criminal offence but carries a $100 fine.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA Possession by adults of not more than 100 grams or one non-hydroponic plant is not criminal but carries fines of up to $150.

TASMANIA Possession is criminal, but offenders with less than 50 grams may be cautioned.

NORTHERN TERRITORY Possession by adults of up to 50 grams or two plants is not criminal, but carries a fine of $100.

new topics

top topics

join