It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA asks 95 years old woman, in wheelchair, battling leukemia to remove adult diaper

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Russia, China, India?

What if the terrorist is your Irish American neighbor, who detonated a nuke. Does that mean the US can go to war on you and your neighbors, due to the possibility that even if there is 1% chance you could be a terrorist you must be stopped?

I am Denying ignorance at zero tolerance today.

Today is officially the ‘deny ignorance and selfish thinking people day’ your question is not imagined as a question in this particular scenario dealing with the ‘WHOLE’ picture.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Vitchilo

There cannot be any exceptions to security procedures otherwise they do not work it is that simple.

OK let's use your logic.
There cannot be any exceptions to our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, otherwise they do not work. It's that simple......wait for it....anything?

As soon as terrorists realise that the frail of society are excluded from the hands of the TSA then they are going to fill those “adult diapers” (I hate that term) with C4 and blow up a passenger plane over a populated area. Then they will probably be forced to just add more security

So you're implying we should never draw a line.
We should perform cavity searches on everyone including children so we can be "safe".
Again using your logic.
As soon as terrorists realise that children's body cavities are excluded from the hands of the TSA then they are going to fill them with C4 and blow up a passenger plane over a populated area.

I believe most people would rather be free than "safe".

It is a sad time we live in that security measures such as this are needed, but the sad truth is that they are.

Terrorism is nothing new. It's been with us for a very long time. So why were these procedures not implemented in the 70's? 60's? 50's? 40's?...oh wait, we did implement security procedures in the 40's....

Japanese-American internment was the relocation and internment by the United States government in 1942 of approximately 110,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese who lived along the Pacific coast of the United States to camps called "War Relocation Camps,"

en.wikipedia.org...

Too bad we haven't learned any lessons since then.

Terrorists have long used planes as a medium through which to conduct the evil acts and we have to accept that.

We have lived with terrorism for thousands of years.
They have also used trains, boats, cars, missiles, bombs, phones, etc..
So how many things have to be search for us to be safe?
The terrorists made their plans in homes and hotels so do we now search all homes and hotels? If we did, we could have stopped 9/11 in it's tracks. But what is the price you're willing to pay to give yourself a moment of security?

Let me ask you this.

If TSA had realised that it was unfair to make a older adult remove a continence pad before boarding a flight and terrorists found out about this security hole and used it to blow up a plane with your loved ones on board..... Would the first thing you ask not be “why was that person allowed to board without having that checked”?

NO. The first thing I would ask is how do we take the fight to them. How do we find them and bring them to justice. How do we make them pay 100 fold for each and every incursion? When the cost outweighs the benefit, they will stop; not before. And strip searching an old lady, molesting a child or taking naked pictures of kids, won't prevent 1 single incident.

FREEDOM isn't FREE.
You can be free or secure but not both...which do you choose?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Ahh. I see, Understood.
2nd

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by apacheman

Originally posted by apacheman
To all those so frightened of "terrorists":

Grow a pair.

If a "terrorist" tries to hijack your plane, kill him or them.

Fair warning: if I am travelling and run into any terrorists, they WILL have a fight on their hands, and YOU"D best stand up and fight with me or I'll kick YOUR butt when I'm done with theirs.

Anyone who says we need the TSA or Homeland Security to protect us is a coward undeserving of freedom.

Spoken like a man who has never encountered the terror of being on a plane at 40,000 feet only to find it’s been hijacked by terrorists.

I take it then you do?

I don't know "apacheman". you in all probability don't know"apacheman". In his defense "Apacheman could verywell be an army Ranger"or recon marine.Okay odds are he's(?)a blustering teen in mom's basement; but you really don't know.

The Israelis use armed skymarshalls to great effect and behavioral "profiling" before the flight. How about we take a few billion $ from the nekkid scanner contract and train and highly pay a cadre of highlyproficient Armed federal skymarshalls.

They won't be able to stop a thoroughly hidden butt bomb or surgically implanted breast implant bomb
But they can control most everything else and give grandma her dignity back?

I find allot of people are like this big talk “oh if it I me I would....” truth is you wouldn’t. You probably don’t have the skills required to take a plane form a group of armed terrorist or detect and disarm a bomb on a plane. That is why you need organisations that will endeavour to ensure that the bombs and terrorists don’t get on the plane in the first place.

People like you are all talk.

Sorry but form personal experience that it what I can conclude for the guys that say “if it was me I would.....” and don’t finish that sentence with “pee myself” are all talk. It’s just macho bravado, until you are actually in that situation don’t pretend you would kill them all because in all likelihood you would the guy be sitting with a pair of very wet and smelly pants asking how the terrorists got on the plane.

edit on 26-6-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Grow a pair.

If someone gets hurt in the process, too freaking bad, that's the cost of defending yourself, a planeful of people can overcome any group of hijackers if the passengers are willing to sustain casualties.

We don't need TSA, Homeland Security or anything really...we just need to DEFEND our own damned selves and no one will even try to hijack anything.

I don't believe in relying on anyone to defend me but me.

Fair warning: if I am travelling and run into any terrorists, they WILL have a fight on their hands, and YOU"D best stand up and fight with me or I'll kick YOUR butt when I'm done with theirs.

Anyone who says we need the TSA or Homeland Security to protect us is a coward undeserving of freedom.

I got your back !
Like I've said, FREEDOM ISN'T FREE.
I'm willing to fight for my country, my fellow Americans, my family and my freedom.
When the terrorists realize that we are not passive sheep and we will do more damage to them then they can do to us, they will find someone else to terrorize.
Terrorists are just bullies with more firepower.
Right now, The US is considered a paper dragon. We need to show our teeth, claws and breath fire into the enemy.
We are the most technologically advanced country on the planet but we have refused to use all the technology at our disposal. It's time for the US to make a stand.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Meh,...Who knows if a terrorist can get lucky now and then so can an anti-terrorist.
Stranger things have happened.

I agree to a large extent with apachemans, ideology, and there is a small window of opportunity in which you will have to commit to a plan of action, assuming you have built one. At that time, you have to choose what to do, and not look back.

Sounds like apacheman is a fellow soldier/Marine/Sailor. If you have the skills I say use them, but make damn sure you know the consequences. I'm sure apacheman has considered this.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Grow a pair.

If someone gets hurt in the process, too freaking bad, that's the cost of defending yourself, a planeful of people can overcome any group of hijackers if the passengers are willing to sustain casualties.

We don't need TSA, Homeland Security or anything really...we just need to DEFEND our own damned selves and no one will even try to hijack anything.

I don't believe in relying on anyone to defend me but me.

This is what im talking about,a 'selfish thinking person'.

Frack every body elses lives huh ?

This is what tsa is for,so you wont have to be the hero and get every body else killed.

You sound like the type that will be the first to start crying ..begging for your life,giving all the other passengers
up,lol.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Exactly!
Just ask yourself, "What would a Spartan do?"
People seem to forget, and forget easily that aggressive action taken against you, is for the most part combat, and as has been established by one of my favorite instructors. "Combatives by their very nature are a struggle."

If someone incites war against you I suppose the only logical action is to reply with the appropriate and measured response. War.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Um.....let's see....oh yea the underwear bomber. There was also the guy with a bomb in his shoe but yea I guess they would never use a grandma's diaper, especially if they know it would never be checked.

C'mon get serious. Anything not checked will be the next path used by someone who want's to blow up an airplane.

I apologize for my language, but, YOU ARE NOT AMERICAN! HOW MUCH FREEDOM ARE YOU WILLING TO SACRIFICE FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR "SAFETY?!" ALL OF IT??!!

I am all for free speech, but an opinion like yours does not belong in the United States of America. Mussolini's Italy or Hitler's Germany, maybe, but not the United States. Those are not the words of an individual but a frightened drone.

Wow, if more people think like you, then I don't know what hope we have.

I will try to put it in words, "When the government is allowed to search through our underwear at their request, then the terrorists win." You have made their victory possible.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Quite true...timing is essential and you don't endanger folks needlessly, BUT....in a hijacking the endangering part is moot, since by definition they are already in danger. Better to lose several and overcome the hijackers than to allow them free rein. It's really just doing your civic duty, which sometimes can cost you your life, which is absolutely no excuse for inaction.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

He actually sounds like the kind who may save your life.
You don't know him, or what his life experiences are.
Selfish it may be, but if no one else is willing to commit are they not also selfish in ensuring that I may also never get back to my family alive?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

This is truly fascinating, you are continuing with this bravado and don’t seem to realise you are doing it.

If you were on a plane and it was hi-jacked by terrorists there is nothing you could do, I don’t care if you are the love child of Chuck Norris and Jack Beaur there is nothing you could do about it, if you did try all you would accomplish is killing everyone on the plane.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

As opposed to the hijackers blowing up the plane, flying it into a building and killing everyone on board?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Spoken like a man who has never encountered the terror of being on a plane at 40,000 feet only to find it’s been hijacked by terrorists. I find allot of people are like this big talk “oh if it I me I would....” truth is you wouldn’t. You probably don’t have the skills required to take a plane form a group of armed terrorist or detect and disarm a bomb on a plane. That is why you need organisations that will endeavour to ensure that the bombs and terrorists don’t get on the plane in the first place.

You have to do what you have to do to survive.
If it means putting yourself at risk then so be it. Would I want to attack a group of terrorists? No of course not but the reality is, I KNOW what WILL happen if I do nothing. And I wouldn't want to die with the knowledge that I might have been able to do something.
Choice is to die fighting or die a coward.

Yeah people like to talk but in reality when you put groups together, they are more courageous then when standing alone. That's why we have UNITED STATES

Sorry but form personal experience that it what I can conclude for the guys that say “if it was me I would.....” and don’t finish that sentence with “pee myself” are all talk.

Sometimes true, sometimes not.
Again, based on what happened on 9/11. If any of us were on a hijacked flight, we KNOW what to expect from the hijackers. We KNOW our only hope is to stop them. Look what happened to the shoe bomber.

It’s just macho bravado, until you are actually in that situation don’t pretend you would kill them all because in all likelihood you would the guy be sitting with a pair of very wet and smelly pants asking how the terrorists got on the plane.

Maybe. Maybe not. You don't know him so you can't say that. People who KNOW they're going to die, have nothing to lose.
I myself would do anything I could to stop a hijacked flight as well. Maybe you need to think a bit more about the situation and realize it's not about bravado but about survival. If someone were threatening your son or daughter with a knife, would you stand by and let them be stabbed or would you intervene, yourself be dammed?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

As opposed to the hijackers blowing up the plane, flying it into a building and killing everyone on board?

Assuming this is a hostage situation....

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beansanmash

I will try to put it in words, "When the government is allowed to search through our underwear at their request, then the terrorists win." You have made their victory possible.

Surprisingly that was the gist of the response from PM Maggie Thatcher after the Brighton bomb blast that killed and wounded members of the Government..

It is something I will never forget (being there along with the response) the gist runs along the lines that to ensure safety they (the government) would have to take our liberties from us and when they (the government) do that.. when they take our liberties away the terrorists win.

Again from the same incident was the IRA response that we have to be lucky all the time while they only ever have to be lucky once.

taking it one step further the IRA even used small vehicles to launch mortar rounds at the runways at Heathrow as planes took off and landed..

So all in all I have no idea how fondling your ones privates ensures we are lucky all the time or how it keeps us safe from that once or how it protects people from mortar rounds launched from small vehicles parked in Airport Hotel car parks.

All in all... I think like you.. I prefer freedom and all the risks it entails..
edit on 26/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I recall the shoe bomber but I can't imagine the 95 year old about to die in a wheelchair due to leukemia hidden bombs in a diaper (we call them nappies in UK) bomber.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

This is truly fascinating, you are continuing with this bravado and don’t seem to realise you are doing it.

If you were on a plane and it was hi-jacked by terrorists there is nothing you could do,

Wow what a defeated attitude.
This is simply not true. Remember this?

A few minutes later, Moutardier found Reid leaned over in his seat. Her attempts to get his attention failed. After asking "What are you doing?" Reid grabbed at her, revealing one shoe in his lap, a fuse which led into the shoe, and a lit match. She tried grabbing Reid twice, but he pushed her to the floor each time, and she yelled for help, and then ran to get water. When another flight attendant, Cristina Jones, arrived to try to subdue him, he fought her and bit her thumb and Moutardier threw water in his face. The 6 foot 4 inch (193 cm) tall, 200+ pound (90+ kg) Reid was next subdued by several passengers on the airliner, and then bound up using plastic handcuffs, seatbelt extensions, and headphone cords. A physician on board the airliner administered to Reid a tranquilizer that he found in the emergency medical kit of the airliner.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's another group of brave individuals that prove you wrong:

The passenger revolt on Flight 93 began at 09:57. By this time, Flight 77 had struck the Pentagon, and the South Tower of the World Trade Center was about to collapse.[23] The hijackers in the cockpit became aware of the revolt at 09:57:55, exclaiming, "Is there something? A fight?"[34] Edward Felt dialed 9-1-1 from his cell phone from the lavatory of the aircraft seeking information.[33] His call was answered by dispatcher John Shaw, and Felt was able to tell him about the hijacking before the call was disconnected.[51] There were reports of Felt's hearing an explosion and seeing smoke coming into the lavatory from under the door.[52] These reports were reported to be false in other sources.[53] Lyles called her husband once more from a cell phone and told him the passengers were forcing their way into the cockpit.[21] Jarrah began to roll the airplane left and right to knock the passengers off balance. He told another hijacker in the cockpit at 9:58:57, "They want to get in here. Hold, hold from the inside. Hold from the inside. Hold."[34] Jarrah changed tactics at 9:59:52 and pitched the nose of the airplane up and down to disrupt the assault.[23]

The cockpit voice recorder captured the sounds of crashing, screaming, and the shattering of glass.[54] Jarrah stabilized the plane at 10:00:03.[23] Five seconds later, he asked, "Is that it? Shall we finish it off?" Another hijacker responded, "No. Not yet. When they all come, we finish it off."[34] Jarrah once again pitched the airplane up and down. A passenger in the background cried, "In the cockpit. If we don't, we'll die" at 10:00:25. Sixteen seconds later, another passenger yelled, "Roll it!"[23] Jarrah ceased the violent maneuvers at 10:01:00 and recited the takbir several times. He then asked another hijacker, "Is that it? I mean, shall we put it down?" The other hijacker responded, "Yes, put it in it, and pull it down."[23] Nevertheless, the passengers continued their assault and at 10:02:23, a hijacker said, "Pull it down! Pull it down!" The airplane descended with the yoke turned hard to the right. The airplane rolled onto its back, and one of the hijackers began shouting the takbir. Amidst the sounds of the passenger counterattack, the aircraft plowed into an empty field in Stonycreek, Pennsylvania, about 20 minutes' flying time from Washington, D.C.[23] The last entry on the voice recorder was made at 10:03:09.[34] The last piece of flight data was recorded at 10:03:10.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don’t care if you are the love child of Chuck Norris and Jack Beaur there is nothing you could do about it, if you did try all you would accomplish is killing everyone on the plane.

Yeah maybe, maybe not but if you don't try, you die for sure. The people on flight 93 KNEW they had to try. I'm very glad people like you weren't on board that flight or many, many more lives would have been lost.
In short-GROW A PAIR DUDE !!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

i would hunt down and exterminate those responsible

and it wouldn't be those the government said did it.

An Open Letter to the Troops: You’re Not Defending Our Freedoms www.lewrockwell.com...

so, how how much stock do you own in rapiscan [ interesting name]

or maybe you are really Pedobear: official mascot of the TSA?

or one of those described herein:

enjoy your koolaid, with vitamin BS

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

He actually sounds like the kind who may save your life.
You don't know him, or what his life experiences are.
Selfish it may be, but if no one else is willing to commit are they not also selfish in ensuring that I may also never get back to my family alive?

Yea Yea Yea...that real good ,would you trust him right now with your child...huh ? Is that how much faith you have in him...really !

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join