It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA asks 95 years old woman, in wheelchair, battling leukemia to remove adult diaper

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

They keep flying becouse they are hoping it will happen to SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!

Highly possible. The few people I have asked seem to have no problem with it.

as is the American way of doing things, they wait for someone else to say or do something, they wait untill its tooooooooooo late becouse they were waiting for someone else to do something!!!!

I can see where we were too late. The best time to argue against something is immediately after it is implemented.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Is it within their scope to be the scent police?

Actually, yes it is. As you have obviously never worked at an airport, I’ll tell you that anything that could be considered a security issue is checked out, even Pre-911. For example, you have no idea how many bags we used to have to open simply because someone had a vibrator in it that accidentally got switched on.

What security issue would allow them to determine the filth of a diaper?

No it’s a safety issue in the fact that there is some wet, heavy, material in the diaper that could be covering up something else. Additionally, it has the potential to leak on the TSA officer causing a bio-hazard.

What safety issue did the folks violate that would involve TSA?

Covered above.

If I traveled and had bad beathe, offensive body odour, or just an aftershave they didn't like, would that fall under airline safety and security?

If you poured some substance into your underwear that made it impossible to feel if there was something else hidden in there, then yes. If you had a bio-hazardous substance that potentially could infect one of the agents, then they have the right to protect themselves from contamination.

edit on 6/26/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well said.
It appears then that ANYTHING that might be interpreted as a security issue, by the individual TSA agent, could and would be investigated then.
What kind of oversight does TSA have? Do agents have carte blanche in their determinations? Are there specific guidelines to insure the flyers individual liberties aren't violated?

(you speak with some authority on the subject, hence the questions)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There was no TSA when I worked there, and anything that was peculiar was returned to baggage service or airfreight, at the behest of the airlines, for further scrutiny. Back then we were concerned with things that could go “boom” or catch fire, so vibrations, leaking fluids, odd smells were all taken note of.

As to your privacy in regards to what you take on an aircraft…
You waive those rights when you agree to fly on an air carriers planes, its ALWAYS been that way, and its always been declared on your boarding pass, ticket, or jacket. You agreed to submit to whatever security the airline chose to put you through, up to and including being detained for questioning by the airport police department. You are agreeing to be allowed on their aircraft by agreeing to submit to their search rules. If you don’t like those rules, then you are free to take a train/car/bus/boat/walk/crawl/grow wings/rent a private aircraft/etc…

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Heads up

It appears that people are forgetting the Terms and Conditions

If you can't post in a civil manner to an opposing viewpoint, don't post.

First - and only - warning.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This thread is a perfect example of why ATS is only good for browsing headlines along with other websites for news updates and then immediately going to the source while totally ignoring the psyop commentary. It doesn’t matter how atrocious a violation of personal dignity by the state…. ATS is always filled with commentators who play the role of endorsement of state atrocities and those who play the role of pretending to debate them. As if to strip are not to strip a dying 95-year old woman is something to be debated in a free society. Only in a online ATS fictitious world are these types of absurd atrocities debated and not unanimously condemned outright.
edit on 26-6-2011 by soleprobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Someday these TSA criminals will be hunted & imprisoned just like their NAZi counterparts where after WWII.

Until then, I'll look forward to the day.
edit on 26-6-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

the underwear bomber was admittedly put on the plane by orders of the state departement to justify chertoff making millions off of machines that don't work...

man you never cease to amaze

the US can't afford it
Israel has lots of money and it has been Israeli firms letting all the bombers through

Israeli airport-security firm blasted for letting Nigerian plane bomber slip through

ehpg.wordpress.com...

all so pervies can do old folks diapers...
man oh man oh man

a lot of good all those american guns are doing...
but they knew america has a lot of guns...and they don't seem scared

PS Defcon:
they are bringing both the x ray and the brain scanners to bus station malls and street corners so there is no choice if you don't want to fly
they are even x raying CARS
thats a bogus arguement, not even a debate class comment
it actually insulting to people who care

edit on 26-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Whether TSA or not it seems you still retained the lying training or your brainwashing hasn't worn off yet.. There has never been any waiver or agreement in regards to being questioned by law enforcement. Once law enforcement becomes involved they have to abide by Constitutional rules and must read your Miranda rights and have probable cause for such a search or questioning.

Separately & unrelated to this specific thread.

The fact that you've sought out being a moderator at ATS tells us that you're still seeking out positions where you can exert control over others. I realize you're speaking here in this thread as an ex - screener & not a moderator, and I'm not accusing you of any abuse, but I can't help but see the connections - that's all.
edit on 26-6-2011 by verylowfrequency because: Just say what again

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
That reminds me of reading this story of this old lady with a fake breast, cause she had it removed due to cancer; held and searched, and harassed over it... People are sick.

Yeah, worry about the woman who can barley *or in this case not even* walk... They're a real threat...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
It's the exact thing Mario Savio was speaking about.

There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part; you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!

edit on 26-6-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Um.....let's see....oh yea the underwear bomber. There was also the guy with a bomb in his shoe but yea I guess they would never use a grandma's diaper, especially if they know it would never be checked.

C'mon get serious. Anything not checked will be the next path used by someone who want's to blow up an airplane.

Good. When tsa starts asking you to drop your underwear for the safety of other people on that plane you're about to board, you will proudly step up to the plate and do your part to prevent terrorism, right?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

edit on 083030p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: never mind

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Maybe people should start reading the entire articles before going off with half-cocked assumptions as to why certain events occur.

Oops , I am guilty,

edit on 073030p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
It was both the humane and correct thing to do to ask the daughter to go change her before continuing with a search, and allowing her onto the flight. Would any of you want to have to pat down someone wearing a leaking bag of human bio-waste? Would you want to sit next to someone in that condition on an aircraft for 2.5 hours?

Originally posted by snowen20
I loved you in the Mason thread by the way, when you debated all those apologists, you did a good job.

That must have been a old thread, but thanks.

Why are you assuming that the daughter had not planned to do so?
Maybe she had planned this, after the screening? Either way, tsa didn't need to check this woman's diaper to begin with. This act of humiliation all together needs to end.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Star from me just because you posted that.

and you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop

It's time to stop the insanity. We all need to do what must be done, and we all need to do it together. STOP FLYING. STOP TODAY. PUNISH THEM by not handing them your hard earned money. Let them feel the pain where it' counts for these people, in their wallets!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Let me ask all of you fine folks this;
Would you fly on an airlines that DIDN'T have TSA inspections?

(my answer? yes)

I flew three months after 9/11 happened, before all of these insane measures were put into place and I rode without fear. If we return to that level of screening, I'll happily and fearlessly fly again. This country is a mad house, built on fear and panic.

Why fight terrorism?? Terrorism has won. It wins every damn time someone has to feel up a child, an old grandma, etc. Every time we are treated like terrorists at the airport, terrorism has won.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Um.....let's see....oh yea the underwear bomber. There was also the guy with a bomb in his shoe but yea I guess they would never use a grandma's diaper, especially if they know it would never be checked.

C'mon get serious. Anything not checked will be the next path used by someone who want's to blow up an airplane.

Wow, I never thought i'd see such a high level of obedience and brainwashing here on ATS...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join