It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA asks 95 years old woman, in wheelchair, battling leukemia to remove adult diaper

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Somewhere Osama is laughing his ass off with the dolphins and a bottle of coke and a bag of lays.

You mean a bag of coke.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
when i see them at walmart doin patdowns is when hunting season opens. I'm not about to allow them to dig in for the long haul, like any varmint infestation you get them early on before they get a foot hold,and if they're truly willing to give their life to bring us down I'll trade with them any day of the week. they cant hide and they have no one to protect them.
if unkle sammy truly wants to get the crap kicked out of him, he just needs to keep pushing the satan button

Yeah, I think that's about the time. People, remember that it's much easier to paddle your boat up the river BEFORE the dam is built.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
FREEDOM DOESN'T COME WITHOUT RISKS AND SACRIFICE.

Oh the irony of your reply....

What about sacrificing 10 seconds for a pat down so your freedom isn't stolen by a terrorist... oh wait that is too much to ask for.

edit on 26-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

What about sacrificing 10 seconds for a pat down so your freedom isn't stolen by a terrorist... oh wait that is too much to ask for.

I guess this is the same as making a 95 year old woman remove her diaper and feeling up a toddler.
Those are a bit much to ask for imo. You are going over the line.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

It IS too much to ask!! It is a warantless search with no probable cause conducted by a federal employee.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenthuin

It IS too much to ask!! It is a warantless search with no probable cause conducted by a federal employee.

Utterly and totally incorrect.

It is one thing to debate the topic at hand and something other to bring fantasy into the picture.

A search of one's person or property needs to be covered by a warrant unless consent is given. By entering the airport you (meaning everyone inside the building) have given consent- that is what the signs are for.

Probable cause is needed to justify a search but again if consent exists, as it does in this case, it is not needed.

TSA is not randomly walking down the street, grabbing people, pushing them up against a wall and juggling their unmentionables. They are not entering your home and searching your person and property. They are searching people who are aware that they are subject to search and by entering a certain area the possibility exists that they will in fact be searched in accordance with their consent- given when they entered the airport.

As much as I despise this particular bastard child of the FedGod I will hate them based on logic, reason and fact and not flights of fantasy and fiction.

edit on 26-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

there is no terrorists in the public, only the government ones we unleashed

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Well I disagree, but whatever. We both hate them.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I see alot of trolling going on here and alot of people getting sucked into it.
Please stop feeding the trolls.

We either have a few wilfully ignorant people who have no interest in retaining their liberties and freedoms.
Who would rather trade those liberties and freedoms for some security, orrr......

We have some paid trolls who are doing a damn good job by the way.

Let's stop trying to force people to be patriotic and respect the constitution.
Let's just continue with intelligent discussion.
People who think the are free don't want to be freed.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Riiiiight.... so nobody in the entire world hates America, or Americans, or the American Government, enough to want to harm them... Ok you keep telling yourself that lie, if that helps you sleep at night.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Riiiiight.... so nobody in the entire world hates America, or Americans, or the American Government, enough to want to harm them... Ok you keep telling yourself that lie, if that helps you sleep at night.

well apparently you're fully brain washed, its so sad, thats why america will ultimately fail

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

I'm not lying to you.

Look up "Implied Consent". If you drive the State has implied consent from you to measure breath and/or blood for alcohol and/or narcotic content. If you refuse the penalty is loss of your drivers license. In the case of airports the TSA has implied consent to search you when you attempt entry into the secured area of the airport.

The concept isn't even new but based on old English common law and forms the basis for the 4th Amendment to the Constitution.

In the Katz ruling in 1968 IIRC the Supreme Court outlined this to be that a search is defined when someone has a reasonable expectation of privacy. If the person being searched enters an area where it is posted that they are subject to search then that person does not have that expectation of privacy.

Consent is another issue that has been distilled from English Common Law down to where we are at today and it is understood that when consent is given a warrant is not necessary and there are no 4th Amendment attachments unless the person is not free to leave or terminate the search.

Now TSA has, in the past, detained travelers who have decided not to fly after learning that they would be subject to the type of search as in the OP. At that point the 4th Amendment attaches and they are in custody for the purposes of search and seizure as described in the 4th and Supreme Court rulings. This is why TSA no longer does that nonsense and IIRC one person got paid a buttload of money because of it.

The more you know about your rights and how they apply the more dangerous of an enemy to TPTB you become... always, always, ALWAYS remember that!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

You are exactly right. All the people who claim their freedoms are being taken away don't understand what consent is. When you buy an airline ticket you are told and should know that your bags and self will be checked for weapons and drugs. When you enter the airport willingly to board an aircraft with your ticket, you are physically giving consent (implied consent) to be searched. Nothing is taken away, and no constitutional laws are broken.

edit on 27-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Please explain to me how I am brainwashed? Then explain why you would rather insult me than have an intelligent conversation?

You mean all the wars America is involved in never creates any new enemies? You think ALL people love America? How am I brainwashed when I know for a fact that America has enemies?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Considering this is ATS....

I sometimes wonder if all this TSA nonsense and groping of unmentionables actually IS conditioning us and desensitizing the population for the time when it WILL happen everywhere, with or without consent.

Regardless- the aircraft thing has been done and it did not have the desired impact that haji wished it would have. For all the death and destruction a few "things" (aircraft) hit some other "things" (buildings) in "the big city". While it was utterly horrific, for most of middle America it didn't have that visceral impact they were hoping for. It is expensive and risky to re-attempt something similar as well- even without TSA going batsh*t crazy like they have been.

The next attack is going to come cheap and it will rip our guts out. Contrast 9-11 with pictures of buildings falling versus an attack by 5-10 guys armed with over the counter weapons at the Mall of America. Nothing is going to instill paranoia better than some cute, corn fed cheerleader bleeding out on live TV from a sucking chest wound.

That's where I think the whole desensitization thing plays a part. If TSA were to start their antics at the local mall tomorrow, people would go nuts. I know I sure as hell would. Even my implied consent has a limit and I LIKE going to the mall dammit

edit on 27-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

reply to post by anumohi

Please explain to me how I am brainwashed? Then explain why you would rather insult me than have an intelligent conversation?

You mean all the wars America is involved in never creates any new enemies? You think ALL people love America? How am I brainwashed when I know for a fact that America has enemies?

no terrorists are killing americans on our soil and 911 is most definitively questionable to say the least..wheres all the enemies??? how come they're not attacking???

if the gooberment couldn't stop 911 with all their fancy spies and technology what makes you think they could stop anyone now??? you must be brainwashed to buy into all these"supposed" enemy scenarios, otherwise you wouldn't be debating the issue

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

I didn't mean that you were... And I'm familiar with implied consent... and you're probably right about the exact nature and nuance of laws and protocols and the like. The rage hits me whenever I think about this subject and sometimes I lose my focus/cool. Sorry.

That being said... when a TSA agent lifted my bag onto the scanner conveyor belt after I had just set it in front of my feet I felt as though my property had just been illegally seized and subsequently searched. I didn't voluntarily put it there... albeit I didn't protest at that moment since I had to get where I was going, which is probably why they get away with all this junk in the first place, but still... That to me, though subtle, crossed the line.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Preaching to the choir here!

Giving them those small Federal badges only added to the problem and makes them think they are actual cops. You have NO idea of the issues we had with these clowns stating to people they were "going to arrest them" in the airport within my jurisdiction in NC.

We even had a TSA supervisor put blue lights in his car- we locked him up for impersonation. When it came to the clowns stating they were going to arrest people we asked them to knock it off once. Then we TOLD them to knock it off once. Then we started arresting them. After the second one went to jail for impersonation they stopped saying it.

They have all the power of your mailman... actually less as your mailman serves a purpose

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

no terrorists are killing americans on our soil

So this list of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil or against Americans is a lie??

and 911 is most definitively questionable to say the least..

...but the truth is, some terrorists killed a bunch of Americans on 9/11 right?

wheres all the enemies???

I guess the people who killed around 3000 people on 9/11 are not enemies? Or how about the guys who killed my friend in Iraq? Or all the people who planned and or carried out attacks on U.S. soil, and against Americans, those are not enemies??

how come they're not attacking???

They are... but because of the billions of dollars spent on intelligence and security and the military, you don't even get to see or know about a majority of the attacks and or attempted attacks. Most of them are stopped before they happen.

if the gooberment couldn't stop 911 with all their fancy spies and technology what makes you think they could stop anyone now???

That is beyond flawed logic. Nothing and nobody is perfect.

Car alarms have been known to scare away thieves, but sometimes they don't. Does that mean car alarms never work because sometimes they do and sometimes they don't?

you must be brainwashed to buy into all these"supposed" enemy scenarios, otherwise you wouldn't be debating the issue

...again with the insult.

There are no words to describe a mindset that believes America has no enemies, such as your mindset. If there were, it would be considered an insult, I am sure.
edit on 27-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Hahaha!!! Why didn't any of those stories make the news?! Oh wait... nevermind.

That is freaking great!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join