It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA asks 95 years old woman, in wheelchair, battling leukemia to remove adult diaper

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

HOW LONG BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY AMERICA AND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THESE SCUM?

My question is, if this is such a big issue and concern, then why do people keep flying knowing that there is a possibility that something like this might happen?

IMO, if people quit flying, the airliners and their lobbyist would fight to change how TSA treats its customers.

I agree with the sentiment but the problem is a lot of people need to fly considering where they are located and where they are going. It's just not realistic for some people to get in a car and go 700 miles or whatever. And if we did that then we're letting TSA dictate our lives in a way, which isn't good.

Plus, TSA does more than just airline security.

I think the only way to combat this is to film them whenever this kind of thing happens, sue them, get the media's attention whenever possible, protest, etc. Let the government know about it.

The biggest problem might be that most Americans (and I'm guilty of it in some regards) seem to be so apathetic these days to a lot of these issues, which is pretty alarming.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I am tired of hearing about people complaining about the TSA!!!!
If people honestly have no clue what they're getting into and agreeing to when they buy an airline ticket then they need to pull their heads out of their asses.

This is thepost 911 world we live in now.
If you don't like it.....DON'T FLY!!!!!!

If enough people DON'T FLY then the problem WILL go away!!!!
If you DO FLY, then STFU about how badly you were treated when you go thru the TSA's molestation
checkpoints!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Well, I hope your right, and if they take action I will jump up right behind them and have their back.
But a lone individual, I don't care if you are a Navy seal. They will more than likely fail. Eve sky marshals are not likely to succeed against multiple targets. It has to be a team effort or no one will go home.
edit on 26-6-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

I never said peaceful protest nor did i say write I said visit your congressman. I know damn near 70-90 of the military personal I have been under or had under me would never rise up against the populace and are more then willing to take the country back by force.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

I'm sorry but what makes you think that the TSA's groping of the elderly, children, teenagers, mentally challenged, cancer survivors, etc, ad frickin' nauseum is in any way exclusive to their efficacy? Were there any reported cases which resulted in the finding of explosives, knives or weapons of any kind on these individuals? Were any of those people indicted in known terrorist activities? Was Susie Castillo, former Miss USA, hiding a suspicious package in her vagina? Was Wil Wheaton hiding a box cutter under his junk?

I'll ignore the rest of your straw man argument. It doesn't warrant a reply.

edit on 26-6-2011 by mysticcuisinart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaseHall
reply to post by Cito

I know damn near 70-90 of the military personal I have been under or had under me would never rise up against the populace and are more then willing to take the country back by force.

That's true.
That has been my experience as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

This thread is getting ridiculous it’s like everybody is some CIA counterterrorism expert with 20 years experience.

These days’ violent Islamic terrorists want to blow up a plane rather than hijack a plane the only way to detect the bomb and prevent the attack is to find it before it gets on the plane. If a terrorist is hijacking the plane, odds are they are planning on holding it ransom, not flying it into buildings. If you look at a history of terrorism and planes, most of the time the either try to blow the thing up or they take it for ransom. Turning into Rambo in either of these situations will get people killed. Flight 93 was a unique case, in most hostage hijackings that would have got people unnecessarily killed.

You all need to stop thinking passenger 57 is a accurate depiction of how to take down a plane full of hijackers.

edit on 26-6-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I am tired of hearing about people complaining about the TSA!!!!
If people honestly have no clue what they're getting into and agreeing to when they buy an airline ticket then they need to pull their heads out of their asses.

This is thepost 911 world we live in now.
If you don't like it.....DON'T FLY!!!!!!

It's about freedom to travel FREELY within your own country. It's a right !

If enough people DON'T FLY then the problem WILL go away!!!!
If you DO FLY, then STFU about how badly you were treated when you go thru the TSA's molestation
checkpoints!!!!

Another defeatest attitude.
Yes lets not try to change a problem, lets just ignore it....

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by jfj123

Well, I hope your right, and if they take action I will jump up right behind them and have their back.
But a lone individual, I don't care if you are a Navy seal. They will more than likely fail. Eve sky marshals are not likely to succeed against multiple targets. It has to be a team effort or no one will go home.
edit on 26-6-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

Well we've seen team efforts on and after 9/11.
I don't think someone would have to stand alone.
But I would rather die fighting the die a coward.
But hey, that's just me

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticcuisinart
reply to post by SFA437

I'm sorry but what makes you think that the TSA's groping of the elderly, children, teenagers, mentally challenged, cancer survivors, etc, ad frickin' nauseum is in any way exclusive to their efficacy? Were there any reported cases which resulted in the finding of explosives, knives or weapons of any kind on these individuals? Were any of those people indicted in known terrorist activities? Was Susie Castillo, former Miss USA, hiding a suspicious package in her vagina? Was Wil Wheaton hiding a box cutter under his junk?

I'll ignore the rest of your straw man argument. It doesn't warrant a reply.

edit on 26-6-2011 by mysticcuisinart because: (no reason given)

And how the F**K did you get one iota of that from my post?

Might wanna up the thorazine dosage there brother.

I stated if the debate was to whether or not it is effective (which it is not) that would be another thread in and of itself. How you got that I support the TSA is something only you can answer because I sure as hell never said anything remotely like that.... ever.... anywhere... here or on any other forum.
edit on 26-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
They use children suicide bombers and they would have no problems getting an old woman to do this knowing she would not be checked.

I'm glad to op is so concerned about a minor delay for an old woman and has 0 concern for the family's and individuals aboard the aircraft.

the whole thing is that this is getting out of hand. The tsa is becoming above the law so to speak. feel free to strip naked and submit yourself to a body cavity search just to walk down the stree, cause thats what it feels like is coming. They even want on school busses now. It has to stop.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think it became ridiculous from a level of misunderstanding. At least it was on my part.
Once, you established your point as opposed to the others, things cleared up.

I think a lot of the talk about pulling some kind of "Under siege operation, starring Steven Segal" nonsense comes from a deep seated anger that people have from being in a situation they can't control. But such is life.

You don't have to be an CIA counter terrorist expert to be successful, you just have to get lucky, and unless death is a proven and eminent factor, why do anything?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by jfj123

This thread is getting ridiculous it’s like everybody is some CIA counterterrorism expert with 20 years experience.

Never claimed this. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't go down without a fight. And if a terrorist knows this ahead of time, they're less likely to target us in general.

These days’ violent Islamic terrorists want to blow up a plane rather than hijack a plane

My point exactly. Not sure why you transfered the discussion to a hostage scenario???

the only way to detect the bomb and prevent the attack is to find it before it gets on the plane. If a terrorist is hijacking the plane, odds are they are planning on holding it ransom, not flying it into buildings. If you look at a history of terrorism and planes, most of the time the either try to blow the thing up or they take it for ransom. Turning into Rambo in either of these situations will get people killed. Flight 93 was a unique case, in most hostage hijackings that would have got people unnecessarily killed.

You forgot about the shoe bomber again.

You all need to stop thinking passenger 57 is a accurate depiction of how to take down a plane full of hijackers.

edit on 26-6-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

You need to understand reality.
This is post 9/11. If a terrorist tries taking over a plane, nobody is going to believe that they just want some ransom money to party with. Everyone on the plane, except you, will assume that they will try and pull another 9/11. That being said, people will not sit back and hope for the best.
What about that aren't you getting?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by oubliette

It never should have started.

That right there is about as deep a statement as I will ever make

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I understand your line of reasoning, and can relate. for me it's less about look and feeling like a coward and more about protecting my family, more specifically my daughter. If I am dead, how can I do my job?
But if the situation becomes so dire that I must act, believe me I will. Better to die trying than submitting to death.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticcuisinart

or maybe the old lady still has some fire in her
and this was her way of protesting

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I am outraged by the insensitivity shown by so many posters on this issue. I cannot imagine the humiliation for you and your mother. I had a visual when I read your post, one of Nazi Germany's herding naked elderly people to the trains and execution sites. I don't mean to offend, but that is what seems to be heading our direction, if only in a more subtle manner.
edit on 26-6-2011 by aero56 because: spell

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Yes but go back to my very first post, the macho mantra of “if it was me i would......” lets face it if you go running around thinking you are Rambo you are going to get everyone killed its that simple.

There are too many people on this thread how have on appreciation of the real danger posed form terrorism and to many who think because the joined the National Guard and have read a survival book they could take down a dedicated force of armed terrorists on a plane.

Its scary, Apacheman would get people killed, this thread seems to have its fair shear of people who think they know what they are talking about. the truth is their mentality would get people killed.

Like you and I said, being the gray man is the most important thing in a hostage situation and I would add to that that it is equally important to have effective security measures in place at the airports to prevent would be terrorists boarding.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm curious how far you think TSA should take this?
You've never really answered any of my questions.
Should the TSA start doing cavity searches? We know this type of bombing is coming. Do you find cavity searches for everyone to be acceptable? I mean it's for our own good, right?
Will you hold your child while the TSA inserts their gloved hands into them to make sure YOU are safe????????

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

The difference is that nobody is herding people into airports at gunpoint and forcing them to try to get onto aircraft.

Is our government out of control? Hell yes.
Is the TSA a useless bunch of slack jawed morons? Hell yes.
Should they be disbanded? Yesterday along with the IRS, BATFE and just about every other alphabet agency.
Are we moving to an utter Statist society? We're 3/4 of the way there already.

That being said- t0 compare a search, however intrusive, that results from a voluntary action on the part of the person being searched to Nazis herding people into cattle cars is a bit much as far as this particular topic is concerned.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join