It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA asks 95 years old woman, in wheelchair, battling leukemia to remove adult diaper

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Elderly woman asked to remove adult diaper during TSA search

A woman has filed a complaint with federal authorities over how her elderly mother was treated at Northwest Florida Regional Airport last weekend.

Jean Weber of Destin filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security after her 95-year-old mother was detained and extensively searched last Saturday while trying to board a plane to fly to Michigan to be with family members during the final stages of her battle with leukemia.

Her mother, who was in a wheelchair, was asked to remove an adult diaper in order to complete a pat-down search.

“It’s something I couldn’t imagine happening on American soil,” Weber said Friday. “Here is my mother, 95 years old, 105 pounds, barely able to stand, and then this.”

HOW LONG BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY AMERICA AND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THESE SCUM?

Don't freaking tell me ``terrorists could have hidden bombs in there`` or I'm gonna explode!!!

This kind of things makes my blood boil... and sometimes makes me wish some people would go postal on these TSA pieces of filth.

Or you know... a tree, a rope, a TSA agent's neck and a mob is all you need.

That reminds me of a story I read about the secret police in the Soviet Union when they arrested people at night. They looked all over the room for ``proof of crimes`` and of course they found nothing so then, the person in question had a wound with bandages... of course they took off the bandages to see if he was hiding anything... and of course he wasn't hiding anything...

TSA are like the Soviet Secret Police, trying to find crimes/terrorists/enemies of the state WHERE THEY DON'T EXIST.... Because THEY DON'T. To all of you who doubt me, time to read The Gulag Archipelago by Alexandr Solzhenitsyn... you'll see how much these TSA agents are like the Soviet Secret Police...
edit on 25-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You know what beating them will bring?

More security.

Use your head.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Um.....let's see....oh yea the underwear bomber. There was also the guy with a bomb in his shoe but yea I guess they would never use a grandma's diaper, especially if they know it would never be checked.

C'mon get serious. Anything not checked will be the next path used by someone who want's to blow up an airplane.

+45 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

My question is, if this is such a big issue and concern, then why do people keep flying knowing that there is a possibility that something like this might happen?

IMO, if people quit flying, the airliners and their lobbyist would fight to change how TSA treats its customers.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

IMO, if people quit flying, the airliners and their lobbyist would fight to change how TSA treats its customers.

Or you know, when they go bankrupt, the gov will just bailout them or nationalize them... Boycotting won't work.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Never use a grandmas diaper, never use pieces of a wheelchair, never use a child never use a woman etc... Security procedures don't work if everyone gets to just opt out of them.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Granny should have planted a "dirty bomb" in her diaper before removing it.
That would give the TSA something to talk about all day.

Getting pissed wont help me anymore, screw flying, I am now boycotting.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
They use children suicide bombers and they would have no problems getting an old woman to do this knowing she would not be checked.

I'm glad to op is so concerned about a minor delay for an old woman and has 0 concern for the family's and individuals aboard the aircraft.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Paranoia will only annoy ya.

You've been brainwashed?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Nice personal attack there. Hopefully the mods will recognize that and respond accordingly. There's no need to resort to name calling when someone debates you on an issue.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Oh dear God!!
I laughed...out....loud at your post. Literally.
At first I thought you were joking, but then hell froze over.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

+47 more 
link   
If we want to prevent terrorists from attacking us, we don't need to run invasive, unconstitutional searches on our own citizens. We can never run enough of those kind of searches to prevent terrorism. All we need to do is stop occupying their land, bombing their schools and hospitals, raping their women, and all together TERRORIZING them. THAT is why they hate us, not because we are "free". What a joke that is!
edit on 25-6-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by snowen20

What exactly are you laughing about?

Just curious?

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Um.....let's see....oh yea the underwear bomber. There was also the guy with a bomb in his shoe but yea I guess they would never use a grandma's diaper, especially if they know it would never be checked.

C'mon get serious. Anything not checked will be the next path used by someone who want's to blow up an airplane.

Oh fer cryin out loud you still believe there are arab "terrorists" who want to blow up airliners?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

If you have to ask, then trust me there is no hope.
Really.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by kro32

Nice personal attack there. Hopefully the mods will recognize that and respond accordingly. There's no need to resort to name calling when someone debates you on an issue.

You don't debate anything. Ever single post you made on ATS is a shill post. Every single one of them. You're a brainwashed sheeple, time to recognize that fact.

I don't know what the hell you are doing on ATS in the first place, if I could ban you from my threads, I would, you're annoying as hell.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Yet I noticed you call me a shill but don't respond to anything I pointed out as you know what i'm saying is true and you will look stupid if you try to deny it. People I think recognize who's on the right side of this issue and it isn't you.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Why do they have to be arabs or terrorists? I never claimed either one of those things but way to put words in my mouth.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Boycotting won't work.

It isn't that it won't work.

The truth is that most Americans have no problem with TSA. Frequent Flyer points are more of a priority.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join