It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on advertising on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I want to get something straight in my mind. Please let me know the official stand on this:

It is perfectly OK for any member to insert advertisements, or links to ads, in their avvie or signature sections.

Correct? Yes or no.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

No it is not. It is against the T&C and links in signatures to outside sites need to be approved as per Avatar & Signature Guidelines.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Terms and Conditions of Use are pretty clear
No you may not for free and without permission from ATS Owners:

19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

20a) Unauthorized Marketing: ATTENTION MARKETERS: You will not engage in efforts of viral or "stealth marketing" on these discussion boards without prior approval of TAN. If marketing activity for the promotion of any other commercial entity outside of these boards is discovered you agree that you are responsible for paying TAN $2.00 US for each "thread view" of the thread(s) in which your marketing messages are contained. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Membership for joining these discussion boards signifies your approval of these payment terms.

***Signature Guidelines***
No advertising of your personal or other websites until you have been a contributing member for at least 6 months. All URLs must be approved by an ATS Administrator or Site Owner prior to display.

You may contact Owners about advertising by using this Contact Form

edit on June 25th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. Now it is more unclear than before (not your fault - I really appreciate your responses).

It's not allowed, unless you get the permission of ATS. Iow, it's pretty much permitted, if the approval process is fair and not biased or arbitrary.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Thanks for the responses. Now it is more unclear than before (not your fault - I really appreciate your responses).

It's not allowed, unless you get the permission of ATS. Iow, it's pretty much permitted, if the approval process is fair and not biased or arbitrary.

Well, you have to contact the owners about that and discuss with them. Just use the Contact form

top topics

join