It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker Group LulzSec Says It's Done

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist" If you are tricked into thinking you have defeated your enemy and won, it gives your enemy some breathing room to collect their thoughts and resources before they launch their next attack. I highly doubt this is the last we will see or hear of LulzSec.

AGREED.
They are just regrouping......fall back. regroup. they will reappear with another name, identity........harder to track this time. learned from past moves....
Go LulzSe_cc......or whomever you are.......

they will not quit this easily.........................fade to black

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Great info, and thanks for posting!

That definitely was crossing the line, I just find my self wondering about the timing of this,
and since it was reported that one in 4 hackers were FBI insiders, to what extent is this
purposeful crossing the line, so as to declare war, or commit acts of terroisim,
so that futher restrictions "need" to be placed on the internet?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by burntheships

In all truth, whats in a name?

True that, yet I thought that Lulz had recently joined forces with Anyonymous?
And was it not Anonymous that was taking out revenge lessons over Wikileaks?

I think I am seeing this as a move to influence public opinion more than anything else.
Its strange this is breaking news on MSNBC as well.

Where you see distinction, I see pots and kettles.

dont get stuck on the name. atleast thats how I see it.

Good one!

I actually would agree, there is probably no distinction, especially when you factor in the
Cyber warfare gang, which includes a few alphabet agencies.

Its no suprise that this is timed right with Obama Admin wanting a secure online ID.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
It does not supprise me one bit, the induvidual members will most certainly carry on with what they have been doing, just not under the name of LulzSec, I can imagine the heat has gotten a bit too much.

I'm sure another hacking group will come and take it's place in no time.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

As I still wonder where has Anymous gone, there is another group that has been making threats
against Lulz...

Stop telling yourself that u are hackers, putting a ip into a irc is NOT hacking nor is using pre-made tools and scripts to grab databases…you do not represent the anti-sec movement, u are not allowed to greet underground groups like zf0, ab, h0n0, el8 like your member “AnonSabu” was doing, you will never be a part of the underground scene, if anyone thinks you are underground and can actually hack they have no idea about what happens in the underground scene," TeaMp0isoN said.

TeaMp0isoN, which compose of TriCk aka Saywhat? & iN^SaNe, also warned that unless LulzSec backs down, it will make public all the information on LulzSec members. On Friday, TeaMp0isoN posted in Pastebin what appeared to be the address book and other private data of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair. The leak includes the names, phone numbers and addresses of numerous British politicians and personal contacts, as well as Blair’s National Insurance number, the equivalent of a Social Security Number in the US. sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com... acker.htm

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It is probably because I foiled their big plan on July 5th!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now we will have to wait and see!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Reply originally to go in the other thread

reply to post by JacKatMtn

Lulzsec came from anon.. And it would seem that the whole purpose of lulzsec was to draw attention to the #antisec movement.. Let me lay the events out for you

First comes hacktivist anonymous.. They get some attention.. but not enough to really get a movement started
After many failed attempts to gain popularity lulzsec spawns from anonymous and begin hacking and releasing anything they can get their hands on for the lulz. A good technique to get attention. Within 50 days they had acquired over a quarter million twitter followers (about 40 days in the #antisec movement started). Then I think the many "haxors" that were trying to dox them (expose their identity) got to close so they had to stop.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I just wonder how many of you that are for LulzSec and the such, will feel once your personal information is put out there on the WWW for all to see and use. Credit card numbers, SS, passwords, banking data, all your personal data, emails, messages, etc. for anyone and everyone to see, use, and abuse. Its ok for them to do this to others, lets see how much fun you will have when your info and dirty laundry is out there for all to see.

Posting sensitive data for all to see? Internal memos, secrets, etc. For what? The satisfaction of seeing the "big bad gummit" get their comeuppance? Causing problems for the fun of it? And now, who is going to suffer for it? Think about that while these bullies leave, laughing int the sunset.

I dont like bullies, especially nameless cowards that hide behind the keyboard to cause mayhem for "lulz". You dont like it when the govt or corporations bully people, but when other faceless cowards do the same, you cheer them on, even though they may have just posted your own secret data and info online for all to see. Be sure to keep and eye on your credit accounts. With all the crap they did, I'm gonna laugh once those for LulSec start seeing new credit cards in their name opened up, and bank accounts drained, thanks to the data your heroes exposed.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
You dont like it when the govt or corporations bully people, but when other faceless cowards do the same, you cheer them on, even though they may have just posted your own secret data and info online for all to see. Be sure to keep and eye on your credit accounts. With all the crap they did, I'm gonna laugh once those for LulSec start seeing new credit cards in their name opened up, and bank accounts drained, thanks to the data your heroes exposed.

What of the Lulz that were infiltrated with "snitches" aka FBI *itches?

Come on, you know its true.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
They should keep on hacking. If they can hide for 50 days, then they can hide forever.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I just wonder how many of you that are for LulzSec and the such, will feel once your personal information is put out there on the WWW for all to see and use. Credit card numbers, SS, passwords, banking data, all your personal data, emails, messages, etc. for anyone and everyone to see, use, and abuse. Its ok for them to do this to others, lets see how much fun you will have when your info and dirty laundry is out there for all to see.

Posting sensitive data for all to see? Internal memos, secrets, etc. For what? The satisfaction of seeing the "big bad gummit" get their comeuppance? Causing problems for the fun of it? And now, who is going to suffer for it? Think about that while these bullies leave, laughing int the sunset.

I dont like bullies, especially nameless cowards that hide behind the keyboard to cause mayhem for "lulz". You dont like it when the govt or corporations bully people, but when other faceless cowards do the same, you cheer them on, even though they may have just posted your own secret data and info online for all to see. Be sure to keep and eye on your credit accounts. With all the crap they did, I'm gonna laugh once those for LulSec start seeing new credit cards in their name opened up, and bank accounts drained, thanks to the data your heroes exposed.

Lol lulzsec is done plus they only released emails and passwords and names.. And isnt that what fraud protection is for..?
Its full blown #antisec now.. The op: transparent world governments and no Internet censoring.

Do you not like that idea?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

You can hide for ever if you don't get careless and take a couple extra steps.. but it seems its to late for that check this link The dox

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by speaknoevil07

Originally posted by SpaDe_
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist" If you are tricked into thinking you have defeated your enemy and won, it gives your enemy some breathing room to collect their thoughts and resources before they launch their next attack. I highly doubt this is the last we will see or hear of LulzSec.

AGREED.
They are just regrouping......fall back. regroup. they will reappear with another name, identity........harder to track this time. learned from past moves....
Go LulzSe_cc......or whomever you are.......

they will not quit this easily.........................fade to black

To the both of you, I was thinking the exact same thing. Hypothetically speaking, if the general public really believes that LulzSec is no more, then those people will have given LulzSec a huge advantage: the element of surprise. It goes without saying that these hackers are smart people; they're technically proficient and (in some cases) tactically cunning. If LulzSec were to (again, hypothetically) couple the aforementioned advantage with an attack of huge-- no, unimaginable proportions, they could do some serious damage and spark major reform of web security.

That is what LulzSec is all about, right? They're telling us that we need a major overhaul in web security? I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that they don't really have an enemy, per se. It seems like their attacks were made in the name of so-called 'lulz'...if I'm not mistaken, some of their releases came with a kind of 'press release' that said they weren't hacking these systems and exposing information just to hurt average Americans; instead, they wanted to make consumers aware of how unprotected their information is in the hands of these companies, and to let those companies know that they're doing too little to protect said information. I suppose if I squint reeeeeaaaally hard, I can see where they're coming from, but they're wrong if they think they're not responsible for the financial losses and other repercussions of their attacks. I'm all for security and the protection of one's identity and assets, but these hackers (LulzSec, specifically) are just being jerks about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If the MSM reports on 4/40 natural disasters a year, and the government wants to push legislation to regulate CO2 to prevent climate change, is the conspiracy being orchestrated by mother nature?

I think this is a clear case of the 'useful idiot'.

Hackers have been around causing problems since two computers were first networked publicly.

With all the cybersecurity legislation and regulation talks, this would be a perfect time for a puppet MSM to blow these stories out of proportion.

I know you're a reasonable guy JACK, we've talked on the radio before.

I think you are mixing your apples with oranges and trying to make lemonade.

I think you need to rearrange your thought processes using Occam's Razor.

1) Hackers exist, and have existed.
2) Government wants to push cybersecurity.
3) MSM is an arm of Big Brother as well.
4) Sensationalizing hackers with a good cause is counterintuitive.
5) Sensationalizing hackers destroying for the sake of destroying goes far longer toward the ultimate goal of legislating the internet to extinction, or internet 2.

Anyway, hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
They went from "LULZSec" to "ONOZSec".

I wonder if our government hacker-trackers were getting too close for comfort?
Or maybe LULZSec was just a government Op to begin with and their "mission accomplished"?

Either way, thanks for the LULZ!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

They are called "hacktivist" and they do exist.

Lulzsec is being disbanded but it's member still plan on working on operation antisec

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
People don't like to do much research for themselves. They like to go to places like ATS and have the info told to them.

Another group, the Jester, posted a blog page linking and exposing the cloud server lulzsec was on and revealing it's original IP address. It was immediately after this, lulzsec made their announcement, and on the Jester post he claimed "I imagine lulzsec will be down wile they try to scramble to change their hosts before someone get's them".

Also, apparently, lulzsec confronted a highly known and reputable security firm that does botnet research and demanded info from them that would have compromised the security of tons of computers, thus enabling lulzsec to plan even stronger DDos attacks. They tried to extort the firm, and owner by leaking e-mails and private data, but he refused. They wanted money, nothing else. That post from pastebin is on his blog as well.

lulzsec is rogue from anon, and went a little too far for some hackers, now he's being reigned in and routed out. That's what I have learned so far.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by realitycheckmate

Just research won't cut it though you have to spend some time in their irc to get all the info

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

That's because it's not "done" just switching to a new name and becoming unknown again.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
They pissed off anon (4chan in general) and were "convinced" to see the error in their methods and to discontinue the lulz. Nothing more, nothing less.

IT--

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
lulzsec gone ??????

If i ran a group like that i would do 6 months if hacks and store the information.

Then on a set day release all the information in one big dump under some unheard of group name.

Then while the feds were setting up there investigation i would be fading into the back ground and starting another 6 months of hacks.

A group of script kiddies that tried to claim they were members and got caught would be the ones the feds would catch.
And informants would be to late to infiltrate the group.

if any members do get caught they can not be linked to a known/named group.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join