WWIII in Libya AND Syria in Days? Report.

page: 19
143
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
thank god for the unflag feature




posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummm yeah...just really not seeing this happening. I know this is the WWIII thread and all but cant we wait and start threads when we have something a little more credulous?

Just really not seeing WWIII in Libya and Syria right now-sorry im not.


It's not that much of a stretch. There are problems on the Syria/Turkey border with Turkey saying they might go into Syria to set up a buffer zone. Syria/Iran/Hezbollah have a defense pact.....Turkey is a member of NATO. Russia has ports in Syria, supplies weapons to Iran, etc.

If there is going to be a WWIII then it will most likely start in the M.E. - people have know this for some time. Of course it's not guaranteed, but all the pieces are in place and it most definitely could happen, therefor speculation is totally valid.


PrinceofPeace is probably right, though. One of the few reasons Moscow did, at one point, give Iran some weapons was to bolster their own economy; Russia hasn't exactly prospered since the end of the Cold War.
Not to mention that Iran IS run by radical Islamists, don't forget. And given that, the radicals STILL haven't forgiven the Russians for having intervened in Afghanistan in favor of the gov't there in December of 1979; nor should we forget that the U.S. military DID fund the mujahideen(Should also mention the large number of Islamist terror groups in Chechnya and other regions as well, many of whom are probably allied with Al-Qaeda and others).

Speculation is simply NOT truly valid, for several reasons; not only due to the increasing amounts of fearmongering out there(and we all know how the elites feed on that kind of thing.), but also due to the fact that neither Moscow or Washington would truly be willing to let millions of their own die over this patch of land which'll probably be useless in half a century, anyway; and besides, if someone did push the button, the game would be OVER for the world crime network, immediately(and what about the possibility of an artifically induced prophecy? If there really ever were millions & millions of people who got suckered into believing WWIII was imminent any day now, somebody just might pull something anyway.)

The truth is, even though they are slowly, but surely, fading away, they'd like to stay in the game as long as they possibly can; Russia & the U.S. destroying each other would backfire completely.

As I've stated before, if anything nuclear does occur, in all likelihood it'll either be:

1.)A terrorist group detonating small bombs in a few cities in any number of countries, possibly including Russia.

or

2.)A rogue military commander, or commanders, hijacking subs, or even silos.

There shouldn't be ANY place for fearmongering. I have personally had enough of being forced to live in fear of the next big event, when nothing has happened, and I'm sure that MANY will agree with me on this.



posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AverageJoe1
Speculation is simply NOT truly valid, for several reasons; not only due to the increasing amounts of fearmongering out there(and we all know how the elites feed on that kind of thing.), but also due to the fact that neither Moscow or Washington would truly be willing to let millions of their own die over this patch of land which'll probably be useless in half a century, anyway; and besides, if someone did push the button, the game would be OVER for the world crime network, immediately(and what about the possibility of an artifically induced prophecy? If there really ever were millions & millions of people who got suckered into believing WWIII was imminent any day now, somebody just might pull something anyway.)


Although it was a different situation, Cuba was just a "patch of land" too....a much smaller patch of land actually....and we almost faced nuclear conflict because of it. This is a similar flashpoint though - Russia has a major naval base in Syria, and Syria is risking coming into conflict with NATO. You don't see the potential for trouble there? You're probably correct in that nothing will happen, but the fact is that it COULD happen....wars have started for less.

To be honest, if you don't think any speculation is warranted, and you're trying not to bend to fear-mongering, ATS is probably the LAST place you should be frequenting!



posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So basically ATS is a tool of the government because it promotes wild speculation and fear-mongering? Its so funny because so many folks on here acuse the government of doing the exact same things they are doing. How hippocritical!
edit on 7-7-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace
 


I don't understand how it's "wild speculation"
Wars happen - always will. What's wrong with analyzing a situation that MIGHT lead to a war? I really don't understand the point of posting (and every one of your posts are the same, pretty much) on a forum that is designed to promote analysis and (yes) speculation? Isn't that what we're here for? I don't get the problem......it's not like WWIII is totally outside the realms of possibility.



posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AverageJoe1
 


Like I said in my earlier post, people today do not understand what a REAL war economy is. We are not in a REAL war economy. A world war economy would basically strip everyone of certain rights and we become "slaves" to the government making tanks and bombs. The real war machine when it is cranked up is also a totally different economy based on production of heavy equipment and bullets,not loans and credit.

I think a lot of people would be totally surprised at how quickly we can convert into wartime. The wars going on now are small, but big money drainers that do not have the majority of US citizens backing it up. If however, another attack such as 9/11 or Pearl Harbor were to be launched on the US by a country or group of countries, we would slip into a wartime economy and everyone would begin to work for the government making weapons of war.

us here in the USA have short term memory problems, we forget after a few years about how things were as new things come along.

All it would take is one attack on US soil that kills hundreds if not thousands of people, and a clear enemy that our allies can back us up on and off we go! Had 9/11 been done by China or Russia, there would of been a world war.

My point is that large scale wars make money, lots of money. If you think we are not capable of becoming the strong wartime economic super-power that can crank out 100's if not 1000's of tanks,bombs,airplanes and bullets a week, then go back and re-read what we did in the 40's. If anything we are much more capable today of mass production than we were back then.

Personally, although I would hate to see a world war start up, I do realize it could solve a lot of problems here at home with unemployment and American Pride, because the countries moral is very low, and it would boost patriotism and pride in America and American made products.

We are a fully capable country.



posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375
 




But there all muslum countries with high muslum pop. I think this is a muslum only fight??? dont know?

scratching head


edit on

Maybe this is a good refrence.

Any ideas?

7-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)


A thought just occured too me,, are we watching the Legitimet Overthrough of Goverments too further the Islamic Empire,, no Idon't think so,, we may be watching the end,, disintigration,, of the 20th Century Islamic Empire by its very own population.
I bet if we left it alone the Islamic Problem will solve itself.
Hope Nato etcc realize this,,,
edit on 7-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)


Ok here is my reasoning.
1. I remember Radical Islam of the 60's,, those Hardcore had kids.
That is the generation we see know marching,, yes their Muslum but their gonna have,, Cell Phones/ ipads,,lipstick,, and the right to drive a car,, because their parents /authorities/goverment aint going to stop them!
There Muslum not Mormons.

Ya try and explain too your kids you can't were jeans with a hole in them. You cant. Period.
edit on 7-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I dont know. Just really not seeing where WWIII is gonna break out in Syria and Lebanon "in Days" as the premise of the thread implies. Forgive me for saying its basically....ummmm WRONG.



posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I dont know. Just really not seeing where WWIII is gonna break out in Syria and Lebanon "in Days" as the premise of the thread implies. Forgive me for saying its basically....ummmm WRONG.


To be pedantic, the title doesn't say how MANY days


I agree the title was a bit much, but the basic idea is worth pondering.



posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by AverageJoe1
 


Like I said in my earlier post, people today do not understand what a REAL war economy is. We are not in a REAL war economy. A world war economy would basically strip everyone of certain rights and we become "slaves" to the government making tanks and bombs. The real war machine when it is cranked up is also a totally different economy based on production of heavy equipment and bullets,not loans and credit.

I think a lot of people would be totally surprised at how quickly we can convert into wartime. The wars going on now are small, but big money drainers that do not have the majority of US citizens backing it up. If however, another attack such as 9/11 or Pearl Harbor were to be launched on the US by a country or group of countries, we would slip into a wartime economy and everyone would begin to work for the government making weapons of war.

us here in the USA have short term memory problems, we forget after a few years about how things were as new things come along.

All it would take is one attack on US soil that kills hundreds if not thousands of people, and a clear enemy that our allies can back us up on and off we go! Had 9/11 been done by China or Russia, there would of been a world war.

My point is that large scale wars make money, lots of money. If you think we are not capable of becoming the strong wartime economic super-power that can crank out 100's if not 1000's of tanks,bombs,airplanes and bullets a week, then go back and re-read what we did in the 40's. If anything we are much more capable today of mass production than we were back then.

Personally, although I would hate to see a world war start up, I do realize it could solve a lot of problems here at home with unemployment and American Pride, because the countries moral is very low, and it would boost patriotism and pride in America and American made products.

We are a fully capable country.



I'm sorry to have to say this, but you are STILL mostly wrong. As much as the military-industrial complex would like us to believe that a full-time war economy will fix our problems; they damn well know otherwise.
In 2011, such a move would quickly collapse whatever's left of the economy; not just that of the U.S., but many other countries as well. Even China won't be able to last that long!

As for pride, China is about the only country that could count on at least some of the populace supporting the government. There would almost certainly be massive riots in countries like the U.S., Russia, Germany, etc., that even full-blown martial law couldn't possibly stop(not even in Russia)!

In any case, about the only countries that could possibly pull off an attack on U.S. soil would be Iran, N. Korea, Pakistan, and perhaps a few others.........Russia & China know they'd lose millions of people in a U.S. counterattack, so they wouldn't dare try.

If anything does happen to the U.S., it'll be the work of terrorists, Islamist or otherwise.



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It is seven days already where is the War you promise us???



posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Although it was a different situation, Cuba was just a "patch of land" too....a much smaller patch of land actually....and we almost faced nuclear conflict because of it. This is a similar flashpoint though - Russia has a major naval base in Syria, and Syria is risking coming into conflict with NATO. You don't see the potential for trouble there? You're probably correct in that nothing will happen, but the fact is that it COULD happen....

To be honest, if you don't think any speculation is warranted, and you're trying not to bend to fear-mongering, ATS is probably the LAST place you should be frequenting!


Here's the problem, though:
It was 1962, Cuba was a highly important strategic area, was only 100 miles away from the state of Fla., and the Soviets had several MAJOR bases there. And most of the Kremlin was about as paranoid as can be.
And think about this: You had the Germanys, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Iraq, China, and even Vietnam, all as legitimate potential starting points for WW3. At least then, the Russians had a reason to be as nervous as they often were.



......wars have started for less.


Not major ones, though, with the possible exception of Vietnam.


Frankly, I doubt Moscow will be stupid enough to risk millions of lives over one little port in Latakia(which may not even exist!). Even Washington likely won't go there; not after all those close calls during the war. The neo-cons and their controllers know this would ultimately backfire on them.

I also can't trust the Pentagon spokespeople who keep telling us Russia is keeping up with the U.S. militarily and still has 12,000+ warheads, either.

In fact, Russia MAY only have about 5,000 in stock, at most, according to the FAS:
en.rian.ru...

Not to mention the average missile warhead is a LOT smaller than it was, say, 30 years ago.



posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Told ya-imma keep coming back. To the OP: YOUR WRONG BRO. Been telling ya for a while now. Look man this just aint happening. Looks back at my posts, i really dont know how to say this in any other words so i'll go again:

WWIII WILL NOT HAPPEN IN SYRIA AND LIBYA IN DAYS.


Okay? You dont like the caps? Well i dont like threads like which are both FALSE and extremely PRE-MATURE.


Cant wait to see the next "WWIII thread"



posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AverageJoe1
Here's the problem, though:
It was 1962, Cuba was a highly important strategic area, was only 100 miles away from the state of Fla., and the Soviets had several MAJOR bases there. And most of the Kremlin was about as paranoid as can be.
And think about this: You had the Germanys, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Iraq, China, and even Vietnam, all as legitimate potential starting points for WW3. At least then, the Russians had a reason to be as nervous as they often were.


I'm very well aware of the history, which is why I stated my example was a different situation in the first place.

The difference now is that the US seems to be on a march to systematically conquer and control an entire region of the globe - a region that is EXTREMELY strategic in a number of ways. True, the days of the USSR are gone, but you think Russia and China are happy about it? As it is, they use their power in the Security Council to keep the US in check as much as possible, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that one day they might say "enough is enough" and stand up to the US.



Frankly, I doubt Moscow will be stupid enough to risk millions of lives over one little port in Latakia(which may not even exist!). Even Washington likely won't go there; not after all those close calls during the war. The neo-cons and their controllers know this would ultimately backfire on them.


Latakia? Try Tartus - en.rian.ru...


I also can't trust the Pentagon spokespeople who keep telling us Russia is keeping up with the U.S. militarily and still has 12,000+ warheads, either.

In fact, Russia MAY only have about 5,000 in stock, at most, according to the FAS:
en.rian.ru...


5,000 is more than enough, don't you think? Also combined with China's and possibly Pakistan's too.

Bottom line: The current unrest in the Middle East, and America's aggressive foreign policy in such a strategic location, could easily lead to a WWIII scenario. Am I saying it definitely will? Of course not. But it IS a real possibility.



posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Told ya-imma keep coming back. To the OP: YOUR WRONG BRO. Been telling ya for a while now. Look man this just aint happening. Looks back at my posts, i really dont know how to say this in any other words so i'll go again:

WWIII WILL NOT HAPPEN IN SYRIA AND LIBYA IN DAYS.


Okay? You dont like the caps? Well i dont like threads like which are both FALSE and extremely PRE-MATURE.


Cant wait to see the next "WWIII thread"



Give it a rest and change the tune already
We all agree the title was sensational - but there is some good discussion in this thread.......which you aren't exactly adding to.



posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Told ya-imma keep coming back. To the OP: YOUR WRONG BRO. Been telling ya for a while now. Look man this just aint happening. Looks back at my posts, i really dont know how to say this in any other words so i'll go again:

WWIII WILL NOT HAPPEN IN SYRIA AND LIBYA IN DAYS.


Okay? You dont like the caps? Well i dont like threads like which are both FALSE and extremely PRE-MATURE.


Cant wait to see the next "WWIII thread"



Give it a rest and change the tune already
We all agree the title was sensational - but there is some good discussion in this thread.......which you aren't exactly adding to.


Yeah, getting tired of it as well. And there are definitely great posts and info sources here, I agree.

And as mentioned so many times in this thread as well as in the OP, I did not create the title, I did not create the content on the source pages. I even put question marks all over the OP to state my own curiosity as to the claims. How much more clear can I be?

The issue is still not 'if' but 'when' a WW3 scenario will unfold. Look to the East, it's unfolding as we speak.

So instead of hanging around a thread waiting for a chance to pounce on the info, why not read the entire thread first and take it all in?

Then you will truly understand the source claims. No, it didn't happen exactly the way it was claimed, that is very clear. Does this mean that it isn't going to happen tomorrow or next week? No it does not.

If you have sources to back your claims that WW3 WON'T happen (as you claim), please provide them here for discussion.

Thank you.



posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11


Yeah, getting tired of it as well. And there are definitely great posts and info sources here, I agree.

And as mentioned so many times in this thread as well as in the OP, I did not create the title, I did not create the content on the source pages. I even put question marks all over the OP to state my own curiosity as to the claims. How much more clear can I be?

The issue is still not 'if' but 'when' a WW3 scenario will unfold. Look to the East, it's unfolding as we speak.

So instead of hanging around a thread waiting for a chance to pounce on the info, why not read the entire thread first and take it all in?

Then you will truly understand the source claims. No, it didn't happen exactly the way it was claimed, that is very clear. Does this mean that it isn't going to happen tomorrow or next week? No it does not.

If you have sources to back your claims that WW3 WON'T happen (as you claim), please provide them here for discussion.

Thank you.


Yes, the question IS if. C'mon, T.P.T.B. feed on this fear. They RELISH it! Since the end of the Cold War it's been nothing but, at least as far as the United States is concerned; now, India & Pakistan or India & China may, MAY, be a different story, but.......does anybody here really think Russia would be willing to let millions of their citizens be killed in a fiery holocaust to defend a puny, worthless nation which will almost surely turn on them soon(I am, of course, speaking about the Islamic 'Republic' of Iran), as they did with us back in the '70s? Neither Iran, or Syria, were like East Germany or Cuba, who actually had a REAL alliance with the Russians and were practically part of their power bloc. Moscow knows that if they were to do such a thing, their country could NEVER be fully rebuilt to what it once was. And so does Washington. Even Beijing does.

The fact is, this is all a distraction and we have got to try to ignore it..........or maybe one of these prophecies WILL become self-fulfilling one of these days. And the only ones to blame on the ground are going to be those who engaged in the fearmongering; because they would have helped make it happen, like it or not.



posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well...
It's been days...



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Would it really be World war 3? I mean would Libya really try to fight a war against superior forces and even if they did why would the world get involved? Does Libya have any allies at all?



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
WWIII Will Happen sometime i think,
the question to ponder is when. If not soon then not that far in the future.

There is enough crap going on, all it would take is some unforeseen circumstance
the spark that ignites the flames of war.





new topics
top topics
 
143
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

log in

join