It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII in Libya AND Syria in Days? Report.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Eh yeah okay. Syria isn't a huge oil producing country for a start but I'm sure they probably have some funds that were tied up in US investments. As I said I actually lived there and spent quite a lot of time talking to people in the Army and the general populace about their situation and they told me the spending that was involved in the military. The thing is they were almost ashamed of it themselves because the monies could be better used to enhance and develop infrastructure but instead had to go towards military spending.

I wouldn't go around thinking you know how everything operates because you've read a few books or spent time on a conspiracy site. I said GDP because I wasn't talking about investments or secret oil deals, I'm talking about the money flowing into the actual economy of the country and how it is allocated. Military spending there accounts for about 70% of GDP (I may be off be a few percent), not the result of some hokey deals made in back rooms for oil a few decades ago.

I'm not slating you, I'm sure what you mentioned is probably a contributing factor but to say its responsible for the financial state of the country now is just wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well...

Turkey might launch offensive against Syria, report says

Turkish officials informed several western powers that Ankara might launch a military operation in northern Syria in an attempt to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad’s Baath Party, Kuwaiti newspaper As-Seyassah reported on Monday.

“Turkey informed Britain, France, Italy, Germany and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) leadership of the possibility that it would launch an offensive in… Aleppo, Homs, Hama and Latakia,” the daily quoted unnamed British officials as saying.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Maybe if you did some research instead of buying into all the BS, you'd know that Australia just like most nations, holds military exercises all the time.

Exercise Pitch Black
Exercise Talisman Saber
National Anti Terrorism Exercises

If ATS paid me £5 every time someone on ATS said that WWIII was about to kick off, I'd be a millionaire by now.

www.defence.gov.au...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 27-6-2011 by kindred because: links

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

I stated it as fact, and I dont actually know this, but I wanted to put it out there, I'm not sure if it has been said before, but it's one of the reasons I have read, and it could make sense.

Have you heard this theory before?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Originally posted by Ladon
The way I see it, we will have:

America, Israel, Vietnam, France, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Germany, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Italy, Norway, Spain, the UK, Bahrain, and Greece.

VERSUS

Libya, Syria, China, Russia, Iran, Lebanon, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, North Sudan, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Ivory Coast, North Korea, Zimbabwe

Everyone always leaves Australia out of this.....I guess it's pretty out of the way though, although I do wonder who we would side with, it could be dangerous to go against China just based on proximity.
edit on 26-6-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

In this battle no-one goes against us, well, does battle over us...I wonder if we could abstain from this conflict? I mean, we should have no interest in it really.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
A common sense prediction!

There will not be a WW111 in my life time for the following reasons

1. There would be no winner and everybody losers. Thus other opposing super powers would not engage and I believe certainly not to help the arabs contrary to percieve relations between Russia and Iran or China and Iran etc. These relationships are not about being allies but about resources.
2. This planet faces tremondous challenges ahead and Im sure that the super powers will pull together to address them as one.
3. American astronauts will for near future hitch a ride on Russian space craft. And the INTERNATIONAL space station will expand as will mans desire to push the fronteirs of space and this will only be possible if the super powers work together. The survival of the human race (particulalry the SP race depends on it.
4. What if Russia, China & USA were infact closet allies along with UK, France?
5. There is also a lot of hidden knowledge about our origins, existence and beyond which is well understood by the SP but just not shared with the public.
6. I could ramble on!!!

So any threats we face and there are many, none are WW111

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

Maybe if you did some research instead of buying into all the BS, you'd know that Australia just like most nations, holds military exercises all the time.

Exercise Pitch Black
Exercise Talisman Saber

If ATS paid me £5 every time someone on ATS said that WWIII was about to kick off, I'd be a millionaire by now.

www.defence.gov.au...
en.wikipedia.org...

I never said anything about WWIII starting...and I'm well aware of the exercises the defense force holds periodically, I was simply pointing at the irony.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Short answer: No.

I wouldn't doubt something like that may have transpired in Saudi or the more pro-western regimes over there. When it comes to Iran or Syria though I really can't see them having anything to do with it. For starters Assad in Syria isn't a stupid man. He's Oxford educated and lived abroad until he took over his fathers regime. He's actually done a lot to modernize Syria but it is and should be a slow and deliberate process so I wouldn't be so quick to wish for his downfall.

The general impression I got from the Syrians and Iranians is that they just want to be left alone. They have every right to pursue nuclear capability for peaceful means, they have every right to rule a society as they see fit. As someone who lived there I can tell you there's nothing they really need to change, there's little to no oppression just a country full of people living in accordance to their beliefs. Much like everywhere else.

At the same time they have the right to be concerned about Israel seeing as it was taken from the occupants and given to a foreign people. Who would like that? They're right to be mistrustful and fearful of the west because... hello.... the wars you know like the 6 or 7 of them going on right now. I barely trust the west either. Their supposed paranoia, for the most part, is mis-reported genuine fear.

What I do know is that us living continents away from these places do not know more then those who reside there. Really it has nothing to do with us and there is nothing for us to interfere with. All we want from them is oil, and as a side note we also want to keep them at war and buying weapons. After all of this do you really think they're acting out of sorts? That it's because they're fundamentalists? If half of what they've undergone happened to you, would you see it like its reported here? I think not.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They've already assigned the army base in Izmir for use during the assault. My dad emailed me about it this morning letting me know it's not to far from where he lives.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I noticed you said £5 if you had of said aus$5 you'd still be waiting until eternity to be rich

edit on 27/6/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Originally posted by KJV1611
Well, seems the Holy Bible is about to be proving correct once again, for the thousandth time. Hope all you guys are prepared to face God if you were to stand before him after you die.

You might want to check and see what the Bible has to say about the after life since it seems to be hitting all its prophecies 100% right on.

P.s. Russian and China are mentioned in the Bible as coming across the great river Euphrates and attacking Israel during the end times... Mail me if you have any questions.

Hey Harold I'm a big fan. I need some Camping tips.

You made my point for me. The Bible was proved correct yet again, and Harold Camping was proved wrong, just as the Bible states, no man can know the day or hour of Jesus second coming, or the rapture..

Thanks for helping prove the Holy Bible correct for me!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

Exercise Pitch Black
Exercise Talisman Saber

www.defence.gov.au...
en.wikipedia.org...

So true. In fact, one particularly decent source I like to look at is the Defcon Warning System website & YouTube page. It's privately run, but does a damn good job of analysis and stuff..........here's their YT channel.

www.youtube.com...

Originally posted by Imhotepsol

Short answer: No.

I wouldn't doubt something like that may have transpired in Saudi or the more pro-western regimes over there. When it comes to Iran or Syria though I really can't see them having anything to do with it. For starters Assad in Syria isn't a stupid man. He's Oxford educated and lived abroad until he took over his fathers regime. He's actually done a lot to modernize Syria but it is and should be a slow and deliberate process so I wouldn't be so quick to wish for his downfall.

The general impression I got from the Syrians and Iranians is that they just want to be left alone. They have every right to pursue nuclear capability for peaceful means, they have every right to rule a society as they see fit. As someone who lived there I can tell you there's nothing they really need to change, there's little to no oppression just a country full of people living in accordance to their beliefs. Much like everywhere else.

At the same time they have the right to be concerned about Israel seeing as it was taken from the occupants and given to a foreign people. Who would like that? They're right to be mistrustful and fearful of the west because... hello.... the wars you know like the 6 or 7 of them going on right now. I barely trust the west either. Their supposed paranoia, for the most part, is mis-reported genuine fear.

What I do know is that us living continents away from these places do not know more then those who reside there. Really it has nothing to do with us and there is nothing for us to interfere with. All we want from them is oil, and as a side note we also want to keep them at war and buying weapons. After all of this do you really think they're acting out of sorts? That it's because they're fundamentalists? If half of what they've undergone happened to you, would you see it like its reported here? I think not.

I agreed with most of this..........but you got one thing wrong. There IS oppression in both of these countries, and the radicals have no right to rule either of these nations as they are now, especially Iran.
edit on 27-6-2011 by AverageJoe1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Turkey's Top security board convenes amid Syria border tension

Turkey's top political leaders and military commanders convened for a meeting on Monday as tension on Turkey's border with Syria increased amid a government crackdown on anti-regime protests.

As Syrian troops move closer to the Turkish border, there have been reports that Turkey is also reinforcing its troops in the area. One of the issues that the MGK is expected to discuss is planned reinforcements along the border, the Sabah daily reported on Monday.

There have also been reports in the Turkish and international media that Turkish political and military leaders are considering setting up a buffer zone inside Syria in case the number of refugees increases sharply. These reports have not been confirmed.

Chaos in Syria, an ally of Iran, could also have ramifications across the Middle East. A columnist for Lebanese daily al-Akhbar, said to be close to Hezbollah, has recently written that Iran has threatened Turkey, saying if it were to be used as a platform for NATO action against Syria, Iran would bomb US and NATO bases in Turkey. The columnist also said Iran sees the preservation of the Syrian regime as the preservation of the Iranian and Lebanese governments.

No talk of an actual Turkey intervention in Syria then...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I could see an eruption of war in the Middle East, but as far as China and Russia getting involved, that seems far fetched at best. I could see a proxy war perhaps, but the only way I see China and Russia becoming involved is if Israel uses nukes and they are retaliated against in kind from Pakistan or Iran. Then China and Russia (as well as the whole world) would get involved in a peacekeeping capacity.
I think the worst that will happen is more fighting in the Middle East. Only time will tell I guess.

What is is, 5 days to go according to this thread?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
When NATO first started its attacks on Libya, William Hague (UK Foreign Secretary) made a quote that made my blood run cold because it seemed he knew the writing was on the wall...

"We are only in the early stages of what is happening in North Africa and the Middle East. It is already set to overtake the 2008 financial crisis and 9/11 as the most important development of the early 21st century, and is likely to bring some degree of political change in all countries in the Arab world."

We are definitely on the brink here. I don't know if WWIII will come of it, but I'd say a large regional conflict is very much on the cards and WWIII is potentially one outcome. If Turkey goes into Syria to set up a "buffer zone" along the border then it could be about to kick-off.

The stage just seems set, doesn't it? The financial crises in the US/EA and trouble brewing in the Middle East and North Africa.....I almost feel like I'm reading a history text book in the making.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Curio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have stated before that I feel that the the entire Arab Spring has been "contrived", and I still think the same now.
I am not clever enough to work out who is pulling who's strings , but one thing for sure is, the outcome of the next two months is this:

Syria will be Invaded, Iran will get Involved and that there is the whole point of the action.

With Syria and Iran out of the way, There is no one left to fund Hamas and Hezbollah.

In one foul swoop Israel will be free of it's two arch enemies.

Did I say I didn't know who was pulling who's strings...................... hmm
edit on 27-6-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
A common sense prediction!

There will not be a WW111 in my life time for the following reasons

1. There would be no winner and everybody losers. Thus other opposing super powers would not engage and I believe certainly not to help the arabs contrary to percieve relations between Russia and Iran or China and Iran etc. These relationships are not about being allies but about resources.
2. This planet faces tremondous challenges ahead and Im sure that the super powers will pull together to address them as one.
3. American astronauts will for near future hitch a ride on Russian space craft. And the INTERNATIONAL space station will expand as will mans desire to push the fronteirs of space and this will only be possible if the super powers work together. The survival of the human race (particulalry the SP race depends on it.
4. What if Russia, China & USA were infact closet allies along with UK, France?
5. There is also a lot of hidden knowledge about our origins, existence and beyond which is well understood by the SP but just not shared with the public.
6. I could ramble on!!!

So any threats we face and there are many, none are WW111

Good point, although I believe #2 may be a little too optimistic for the time being.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
well the fact that Obama is illegedely pulling troops out of Afghan could lead some credence to this as they are maybe to be deployed elsewhere?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
well the fact that Obama is illegedely pulling troops out of Afghan could lead some credence to this as they are maybe to be deployed elsewhere?

If they actually do follow through on that, it's a good question. Where will they go?

Can't have 1,000's of troops laying around and doing nothing while getting paid.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by moosevernel

If they actually do follow through on that, it's a good question. Where will they go?

Can't have 1,000's of troops laying around and doing nothing while getting paid.

well the timing of this news added with your thread certainly raises questions.

I mean as far as i know this was all a sudden anouncement because im sure i recall news not so long ago saying that US and Uk troops would have to stay in afghan till like 2020 or something.

it all seems a little bit fishy to me

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join