It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your ATS mile stone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well ATS has been around for quite a few years now, and my question to you all is this........what is the story that has grabbed, or piqued your interest the most?

As a community we have covered and commented on everything from aliens and UFO's to the NWO, but I'm sure that there must be a thread that captures the "essence" of ATS, and I'm keen to see which one you think it is......and why?

So go on, which thread here on ATS sums up what "we" are all about, what was, or is, our ATS mile stone thread?

I'd post mine.............but it was deleted

edit on 25/6/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think all the best threads I've ever been a part of have been deleted. It seems to be the trend, that all the most vital of discussions here are deleted.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wikileaks revelations without a doubt did and do it for me.

They deal with what we talk about here on ATS and have changed the world by revealing truth.

We change individual worlds but those peeps really rock the boat big time.

Superkudos

ps...can't point to a single thread concerning them in particular but the whole host of threads by our members is commendable from the news makers and our sturdy reporters.

My own personal thread favorite is linked in my sig below.

edit on 25/6/2011 by nerbot because: added stuff

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
to me there seems to be 2 different questions in your thread.

the story that has grabbed, or piqued my interest the most is a thread that totally satisfied my interest in ancient history and eventually made me be curious in the rest of ats and, ya, even join :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i thank you for the opportunity to finally acknowledge that fantastic article by skyfloating dated 21.10.09 !

whereas the thread that captures the "essence" of ats for me - i can't put my finger on it. probably because the 'diversity' is the essence that captures me. the surprises.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Registering, lol

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Along time ago someone shared an article on how christianity is communism disguised and I have never seen it again it was so phenomenal that I actually saved a link to it and an html backup of it. All of it disappeared off my computer. I have looked and and searched the web but never found the article again.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
could it have been this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

there is also this i found on the net: www.podles.org...

Unfortunately the quality of Catholic clergy dropped astonishingly. In my homecountry Brazil, for example, the clergy is almost entirely taken over by a heresy called Liberation Theology, which is pure communism disguised as Christianity. There are priests who say Our Lord Jesus Christ was the first communist and read passages from the Bible from the Marxist perspective: the Exodus, for example, is “the struggle of the oppressed classes (Hebrews) against the domination of the ruling classes (Egyptians), using Marxist jargon, aiming the establishment of a “classless society”. For decades this plague caused the departure of millions of people from the Church. The Vatican has always turned a deaf ear.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Nah ! Thats not it, its probably from an older thread than that. It really made a lot of since though.
It gave a side by side comparison of Christianity to Communism. It would take like a communistic law and compare it to Bible teachings. It was titled I believe - A History of communism - I want to think. It even gave the reasons for changing the way they did things in earlier communism, kind of like Christianity as an improved communism. For example if you teach a man he is a slave he sill soon rise up against you one day and fight you. If you enslave him with religion and make him believe he is free, he won't fight you he might fight for you as his service to God or something, he can't see that he is enslaved by his religion and is devoted to his God and religious teachings.
I'd love to read it again if I can ever find it. I'm pretty sure it was titled A History of Communism or something close to that.

Here is an interesting U tube on the matter and is similar in thought and nature to what I read.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Many good threads have been deleted or removed.

One of the best threads I ever read, for sheer knowledge and wow factor... was an excellent thread on '___'.
It got moved to RATS and then was just deleted, no reason or explanation as to why, there were no personal use stories... just gone...... which happens on this site.

You can be disgustingly racist, homophobic, xenophobic, islamaphobic, anti-semitic, sexist and every other discriminatory thing you can think of, to the point of vile personal attacks... and that's fine.

But mention anything a little bit risque or "rude" (The Semen thread was also closed down
) or even slightly mention the D-word.... then bye bye thread.

Like kids are fine to look at disgusting hate-filled vitriol and bigotry.... people have no issue with almost every heated topic descending into madness and nonsense and propaganda..... but you can't have a rational discussion about bodily fluids or some of the oldest conspiracies known to man.

Oh well....

But there have been some fantastic threads on ATS too.

I like the "Stargates are real" thread too.. Just some fantastic discussions and interesting articles posted in there.

Also many good ancient civs threads and threads about the ancient astronaut theory.

Anything religious or political just gets silly and nasty.

Much like anything 9/11 really.... or many other topics.

top topics

join