It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Training yourself to lucid dream?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'm 47 and I've been trying on and off since I was 5 or 6. Still can't do it. You'd think I'd be a master at it by now. I wonder if it's my fillings...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by RightInTwo

Lucid Dreaming is not a click away and know it all information. Let me define lucid dreaming training in my own terms. Convincing yourself that this reality isn't real and that its controllable. My advice would be to seek out a legitimate Tibetan Master. Us Buddhists have a clear perception of lucid dreaming.

if you can not find a tibetan Master,
the first thing that i suggest is to become more aware of your surroundings,start doing Reality checks during your waking hours and you should eventually do them in your dream. In your dream you have to be aware that something is different before you can realize that you are in a dream. this is the first step to Lucid Dreaming , there are many different ways to induce a lucid dream you just have to find out what works for you

good luck

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Good link. I was wondering....it would seem a VERY dark room would encourage a deep sleep. Lets say you picked a weekend to lucid dream at night, and plugged in a string of lights. Not too bright. Possibly different colors. This would always keep the mind aware of the light, even when asleep, compared to pitch black. Trying this tonight. Using the "looking at my hands" technique, this has worked in the majority of my lucid expierences.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
i had 3 lucid dreams last night i was fully aware that i was dreaming, but sadly i had no control, it was more like watching a movie, Ive already forgotten the first one,

the second one was about me trying to teach a t-rex how to talk while it was trying to eat me
wasent scary more of a comical dream

the last one was scary, my little sis was screaming in her room and said they were trying to take her away, i looked around then back to her but she just disapperad, i woke up after that one probably because of fear

oh just remembered the first one
it was in a round building with zombies, this one wasn't scary

that night before i went to sleep the only thing i thought about was just being aware that i was dreaming, it seems to work, now i just need to work on controlling it, i think i had a little control but not a lot like i did when i first had a lucid dream
edit on 4-2-2012 by MissSinFull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Any help on how to lucid dream, when my sleep schedule has me falling asleep around 2 a.m? Do i set my alarm for around 6-7? I had it set at 5:30 last night, and that didnt work. I recalled about 4-5 dreams which is good, but not good enough. I want to be swingin a dam lightsaber in space.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1
reply to post by jed001

Good link. I was wondering....it would seem a VERY dark room would encourage a deep sleep. Lets say you picked a weekend to lucid dream at night, and plugged in a string of lights. Not too bright. Possibly different colors. This would always keep the mind aware of the light, even when asleep, compared to pitch black. Trying this tonight. Using the "looking at my hands" technique, this has worked in the majority of my lucid expierences.

they have dream masks, they have lights on the mask and when you go into REM sleep they will flash. if your awareness is good you should see them in your dream and realize you are dreaming and become lucid. i have never bought one because they run about 200 dollars

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Right before you go into a dream, you will sort of start to hear sounds and see images. I believe this is called hynogogic imagery. All the advice I have found on the internet was nice, but I found the best thing to do was just to relax into it and let it just happen.

There are visualization techniques and mediditations, but those actually were keeping me too awake to dream. I do sort of get meditative sometimes, but I don't get to sleep with those, I just sort of got only half asleep. But I did begin to recognize my hypnogogic imagery and the sounds that I usually hear before going into the dream. Perhaps it did help to have a transition so I could learn the stages of sleep I go through.

Just before I go into a dream, my hypnogogic imagery starts. It is as though I am looking into the blackness of my mind and then suddenly it isn't just blackness there, but dots. These dots for me seem to form grid-type lines. It sort of looks like bits of net or snake-skin. Sometimes I see a little flashing bit of color or a flashing line racing around. Anyway, when the colors start, the dream is about to start. The colors will be faded and faint then get brighter.

Some people have said theirs looks like germs or spagetti lines.

It is mostly green or red but sometimes I have seen it other colors. It is faint at first. But once I see it, I just know I am deeper in, and just sort of relax. It is a signal for me. What you need to do is have some sort of awareness of what your body will do as you fall asleep and recognize the stages. You can then begin to just think to yourself that you have gone a bit deeper in. What will mess it up is if you really think with words. It is more just like you are aware of it, without becoming too excited or even interested. Just note it, but don't get too excited about it.

About this point also the sounds start for me. I hear my heart beating, my breath, then sometimes random things that sound very clear and real. Bits of song, notes, beeps, whising sounds. Sometimes it sounds like people mummering or talking in another room.

Once I have recognized this is what my own body does before going into a dream, I can sometimes catch myself dreaming.

I of course have other triggers. I tend to dream about a house from my childhood that I know is not there anymore but burned down. The neighbors painted their house yellow, but in my dreams sometimes it is still white. So if I catch this inconistancy, I know I am dreaming. If I dream I am at collage, my old job, my old school, then it is a dream. I often dream that, and I catch it.

There are usually some inconsistancies in dreams, things that just don't really make logical sense. I am a pretty deep thinker anyway, so during the day I am always thinking about stuff. My dreams tend to be pretty weird anyway. It just doesn't make any sense. It is wonder and weird, but just too weird to be real.

My life is pretty organised, I go to work and come home. I don't really do much of anything so of course anything that deviates from my regular routine is bound to be a dream. It isn't something I normally do. Then I can at least enjoy the dream me, being more exciting and doing fun things.

I can control the dream to some extent and I am getting better at it. I am just not very creative yet. I change the dream some, but I find it harder to actually change locations.

Lately I have experimented with opening doors in my dream. Like in my dream I have found that sometimes I see an interesting place way off in the distance. If I try to physcially move there, it seems to take energy. I don't know why. It seems to exert me to move around over large areas in my dream. But if I go through a door in my dream it doesn't. So I have found I can sometimes remember to open a door and image another location is on the other side. The few times I have done it, it seems to work. I have also gotten to where I can manifest things in my dream. I imagine things in my hand and they are there. I've only just really gotten to that point recently.

I think I am getting better at it. It is just catching on that I am dreaming and then staying asleep.

Also, if you feel you are about to wake up, you need to relax and not move a muscle. That is one bit I did find from the internet that helps. I don't know why but they say if you don't open your eyes or move an even a small amount, your brain begins to wonder if you really woke up, and then it thinks you must not have, so it lets you go back to sleep quickly. You must also not really be very interested or care very much. Don't think much about it or you will wake fully. You can go back into a dream quicker this way. But usually it is hard because you'll want to roll over if you are uncomfortable. Sometimes this is what woke you up. You find you are laying on your arm funny or you got cold or something. But if you think you are comfortable enough, don't move and don't think much about it, and you should get to sleep easier.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Also, I am sure lucid dreaming has pros and cons. Some might say it is dangerous. I am sure it could be dangerous for a person with evil intent. I just know that we can deceive ourselves or perhaps there are spirits that can decieve us.

You must realize that no matter how weird or wonderful, dreams are just dreams. I think our brain is fully capable of dreaming up just about anything. Sometimes some people really do get important dreams that change a lot of lives. So if you think it is one of those, question what you must do with it. Will it benefit others? Will it help the poor? If there is something you must act on to help others then it is a good dream. If it even helps your friends or family it could be good. But if it will bring pain to another or harm someone if you act on it, then don't do it. If it only benefits you at someone else's expense or only brings you pleasure alone to act on it, then it must be evil.

A lifesaving dream or one you must act on are those that bring peace, love, joy, kindness, and good things to many.

I don't think it is forbidden to lucid dream and it could be fun. But it could be dangerous too. If you lucid dream about evil things, it could damage your soul and make you more evil in waking. So I wouldn't use this to plan revenge or to dream about hurting someone. I wouldn't use this to dream about killing someone or something like that.

Although it might be possible to dream of hurting someone or getting revenge, I think it does sort of damage you spiritually if you do this.

I've had a few dreams where I have acted inappropriately and done something out of character for me. It feels awful for me, as if I have done something wrong. Some people may not really care, and for them this is freedom to do something they'd never do in real life. I don't know though. Doing something repetitively in a dream might make people think they can get away with in real life.

So anyway, If you use lucid dreaming, do so in a way to contemplate doing good, not evil. Try to dream about doing fun and harmless things. Otherwise I do believe you are ultimately harming yourself or your soul in some way.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hi fellow forumers, I have been interested in dreams and lucid dreaming for many years now (not loads really as i'm only 23). I used to lucid dream often when i was a child (didn't know it was anything special back then) but for some strange reason I always purposley woke myself up by jumping off a building or cliffe. Then when I hit my teenage years I got into the habit of smoking weed everyday. The smoking totally stopped my dreams altogether. Even though at this point i was interested in lucid dreaming, I just couldnt dream. That was until a few months ago when I finally kicked the habit. Recently I have been dreaming lots more but still not remembering a lot of them. Every morning though when i wake up and go back to sleep, I feel like I wake up but canot move, it really is quite scary. I researched this and found out its called sleep paralysis and on some sites they say this is the starting point for a lucid dream, you are supposed to relax and imagine yourself waking up in the dream, but for some reason I canot do this, I just struggle trying to wake up and feeling scared until i wake up. Just wondering has Anyone else experienced this?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
1. Stay awake for 72hours +
2. When you do sleep, make sure you are not very comfortable.

I have found that this tends to induce very lucid dreams.
I think the reason is :
By staying awake for so long you get exhausted so you can't help drifting off, and by being uncomfortable or cold, you kind of force you self to retain a level of awareness.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I've been lucid dreaming on and off for about a year now. I actually did that lastnight! (well like 4am this morning) It's usually pitch black in my room and there are no sounds at all. Whenever i'm dreaming little things pop up that make me say "What? that's not supposed to happen.. Ohh! this is why, it's cause i'm dreaming!" and then from there i'll make things disappear and reappear. It's quite fun except i always feel scared like i'm not supposed to know i'm dreaming.. you know?

Try and say it to yourself before you fall asleep. Say.. you know that you are going to be aware that you are sleeping. I don't know

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RagnarokZ
Hi fellow forumers, I have been interested in dreams and lucid dreaming for many years now (not loads really as i'm only 23). I used to lucid dream often when i was a child (didn't know it was anything special back then) but for some strange reason I always purposley woke myself up by jumping off a building or cliffe. Then when I hit my teenage years I got into the habit of smoking weed everyday. The smoking totally stopped my dreams altogether. Even though at this point i was interested in lucid dreaming, I just couldnt dream. That was until a few months ago when I finally kicked the habit. Recently I have been dreaming lots more but still not remembering a lot of them. Every morning though when i wake up and go back to sleep, I feel like I wake up but canot move, it really is quite scary. I researched this and found out its called sleep paralysis and on some sites they say this is the starting point for a lucid dream, you are supposed to relax and imagine yourself waking up in the dream, but for some reason I canot do this, I just struggle trying to wake up and feeling scared until i wake up. Just wondering has Anyone else experienced this?

I had sleep paralysis three times in my life and it's no joke! it's quite scary. I'm not sure if it's a starting point to lucid dreaming.. but it's always interesting when you see shadows and figures move while under sleep paralysis..I wonder what that means?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSinFull
that night before i went to sleep the only thing i thought about was just being aware that i was dreaming, it seems to work, now i just need to work on controlling it, i think i had a little control but not a lot like i did when i first had a lucid dream
edit on 4-2-2012 by MissSinFull because: (no reason given)

Whenever I do that it never works for me! Lucid dreaming just randomly happens
like I had this dream which was extremely scary! I remember where it SEMI began. I was just running in a huge hallway that seemed to be in an airport and as I looked to see what I was running from I saw someone else running behind me. I didn't know if I was running from him or not. As I looked at the walls they started to shape shift kind of. I thought.. what in the hell? walls shouldn't do this! Then I thought, It must be because i'm dreaming! yeah that's it. Let's try and control something!' As I tried to control something everything went black. It was like I went unconscious in my own dream. When I "came to" I was on my hands and knees. Let me just tell you this; I have NEVER seen my hands in my dreams before..until that night. I gotta tell you, it was disgusting. They looked weird.. and nasty. I don't know how to explain it. But anyway, In my dream, at this point, I was completely scared and kept telling myself to wake up. It's like I shouldn't have known I was dreaming. I lied down in my dream and kept repeating to myself to wake up. It worked sooner or later and I woke up scared

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I actually learned how to lucid dream out of an Omni magazine back in High school, and it was very easy to learn.

If you want to train yourself, try this method.

Every sign you see or read on the road or billboard, read it, look away and read it again.
Then ask yourself if you are dreaming.

You have to do this for a week or two, until it becomes a habit. Once you begin doing it without thinking about it, it will start to happen in your dreams as well. The only difference is in a dream, believe it or not, Signs will not read the same thing twice. If you can read them at all.
At that point you will realize you are dreaming and off you go!
It really does work, but you have to keep reading everything twice until it becomes a habit.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
After 30 years of Lucid Dream experimenting, the easiest way for me is when I wake up, then go back to sleep, to stay absolutely still and breathe evenly at the same rate. That usually fools my mind into believing my body is asleep. I can feel the sleep paralysis cover me like a blanket and then I can follow those lucid images into a dream.

It is helpful to sleep on my back. Also, If I can't exit sleep paralysis, I just change my breathing to an irregular pattern and then my body wakes up.

That's one of my strategies, but WOW the first few times escaping sleep paralysis was kinda scary, but very interesting. I am only able to escape currently by changing my breaking pattern.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
on a warning because i challenged david ickes teaching, if you take what is false, a lie, and say it is the truth,

this is being deceitful, using deception, so those under Judas ickes control, said i was calling david icke a liar,

well if you are not telling presenting the truth ,but presenting lies as truth what are you doing. ?

another example of this david icke,s hard core followers at his forum, say that this forum is run by the CIA

Do you fly in your dreams?

forum.davidicke.com...

johnny

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have my own strategies for lucid dreaming... (I only recently discovered that I can naturally do this... or taught myself how years and years and years ago)...

It's similar to the check inconsistanies methods... clocks, signs, fingers, familiar people or items... etc etc... One clear and finite way to lucid dream is to keep your mind active as you're drifting to sleep... Sleep paralysis starts with a sensation that you're falling or sinking through your mattress... Don't get scared... just let it happen... you're body is falling asleep.... soon your brain will to but you will be aware that you're sleeping...

I usually loose awareness and sometimes memory of the dream from beginning or start to well into the dream... than i notice something strange ... like I don't know... REALLY know anyone in the dream in real life.... Or they look off or their names are wrong... Clocks and signs and fingers are new things I learned by reading this thread that I will have to look out for.

I just know I'm dreaming and I wake up usually QUICK and I look at the clock and fall back asleep to drift and lose grip and regain grip... on lucidity...

Anyway... That's my experience... happy dreaming...

<< 1   >>

join