It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is why the government fears the ``lone wolf`` type

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Tim Mc Veigh and the Uni bomber are good examples.

According to the Anti-Defamation League, the term "lone wolf" was popularized by white supremacists Alex Curtis and Tom Metzger in the late 1990s:

The term "lone wolf" was subsequently adopted by US law enforcement agencies and by media to refer to individuals following this strategy. The FBI and San Diego Police operation to investigate Curtis' activities was named Operation Lone Wolf, "largely due to Curtis' encouragement of other white supremacists to follow what Curtis refers to as 'lone wolf' activism".[3] Currently, the term "lone-wolf terrorism" now refers to violent acts that take place outside a command structure, regardless of ideology.en.wikipedia.org...

The Problem of the Lone-Wolf Terrorist
www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Agreed, as someone said earlier, as long as those lone wolves do not use violence as a means to achieve their goals. People should not be afraid of their governments, but the governments should be afraid of their people, and with what's going on in the world right now, its happening right before our eyes, especially in the Middle East, the only sad part is that the government is inhumanely massacring thousands of innocent "lone wolves," which is something we should definitely be aware of.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Is this a personal dream or a philosophy.

Who are you referring to or is it just an ideal?

Who's been a lone wolf who's suceeded at anyhting in history. There hasn't been one as they've all needed supporters or armies.

In nature lone wolves die. They survive in packs. Learn from nature.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I can see wisdom in your words. Modern psychology has gone to great lengths to demonize anybody who's not constantly docile, eager to please, and searching for peer approval.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by LargeFries

i hope our Lone Wolf friends get busy because we are going down the tubes pretty quickly.

What do you mean "get busy"? What do you expect them to do? I wouldn't think there is any kind of organization among them. I don't see where there would be any "plan". I would think you might be expecting some action that is just not there.

By "get busy" I mean Lone Wolf types being people of action as opposed to living in solitude. Why else would members of gov't fear the Lone Wolf type, which is the point of the OP. Someone who lives alone off the grid that is content to do so peacefully will live out their life quietly. Someone who has no family ties/relatives, training, equipment and the will to do so could lead the way in changing this country. They could identify and eliminate targets. If enough problem targets were eliminated change will take place. There are people who are behind every thing that offends you. If these people ceased to exist others of their kind would wake up to their own mortality. Hopefully they would realize kevlar & increased security is not the answer. Hopefully they would realize the Lone Wolf types are not willing to put up with what they've been doing, and they would change their ways.

I agree, there would not be any organization between Lone Wolf types. Any "plan" would be of there own making as individuals. That is why the Lone Wolf type could be so important. Attempts to organize and plan are too quickly ruined by their own exposure.

I have no expectations for something that does not exist. I have hope. I hope sooner than later some courageous Lone Wolf types will do what it takes to make a difference.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I guess that means the government fears me.

Maybe you are on to something, because I don't fear them.

I think you are a bit narrow and ludicrous in your description of lone wolfs.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thats what they always say"He was the quiet type"...but I agree...one who has no family has no"hostages to fortune".....as for the Gov fearing them,I think its more like wary or aware of them...the entity of "Government" fears nothing....they know they are right and nothing can touch them

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So... the government must not like me then? I´ve travelled all over, know the ´systems´ of various countries inside out, care not for my family, have very few friendships that last after I move on to the next city or country and so on.... I thought this was normal though? I mean, some people like to move around, others don´t, but the ones that do, this is normal for them, yes?

Or maybe............ Websites such as facebook and things such as celular phones are a conspiracy to get people to keep in more contact with more convenience so that if they were to threatened by government agencies to reveal information, threatening their families and friends would have even more of an impact?

Mind = blown.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The government is the oppressor. They keep us on a narrow path headed towards their destination. Hierarchies are the enemy. Hierarchies are established by the government and by the economy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Be enlightened.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Nothing will change until the people change (in terms of selfishness, ego, patience, etc.). The people want their handouts from the government, and when they want to be conservative, they are hypocritical and still want the government to do whatever they feel is most important, shunning the rest of the programs. Businesses treat individuals in the same way as the OP said for the government. They don't want to promote anyone who doesn't have a family or debt (ahem, credit history) - and part of that is compassionate, but also they know that person is in chains in a certain way. A consumerist is also in the chains of consumerism, their debt and wanting for more possessions gives the boss more certainty that they can be depended on. But also, I think the boss types want people to do something because they are forced or under control by their surroundings and situation (if not fear of the boss), not out of goodness or for doing a good job for the sake of it or because it's the right thing to do. Working in this way, also frees a man in a way, especially in the moment - and THEY don't like that either.

What good does it do for a lone wolf to commit some act of violence? I think this is a waste of time. Even without the government, I'm pretty sure the majority, the people could ruin an otherwise good day. The system does not change and people have not yet changed. They pretend to have changed but all their new conservatism boils down to is picking and choosing. Maybe someday people won't be so selfish and thoughtless - when THAT day comes, the problem of government will likely have taken care of itself. When that day comes, what the government does not do will actually matter.

It is funny when people tell me I'm wasting my time at my dead-end job. The ultimate time wasters are those who believe in our system and are judgemental, manipulative, etc. Every day is a great opportunity ruined by people and our system. If they really want to do something productive, and stop wasting their time, then they need to stand up as a whole and boycott the enslavers (if they are even aware of them). If they want to do it right, they need to use non-violence or else they'll just become the monsters they are trying to fight.

And I'm tired of people who think they are standing up for their rights. All you do when you "stand up" is you make yourself an exception. If you want to be a good person then stand up for the rights of others, stand up for the rights of the whole. But holding up some border checkpoint line by not showing ID, or going against some company policy you don't agree with and holding up the line, paying in pennies, etc. only makes you an EXCEPTION, no rights are being upheld and nothing has been achieved but wasting time.

People can go on wasting their time and let me waste my time in my own way, but they need to stop pretending that anything we have done so far has even put a dent in the status quo - and most of the people fighting for change are status quo themselves in their own way. We have a very long way to go. These lone wolf stories ruin it for the other lone wolf's who don't hurt anyone and never intend to (and know that violence solves nothing, it just repackages the same system), but yes, do their best to live outside the system.

I guess after all of that you'd ask me what would I do? Nothing can be done until people change. We are wasting our time. People may change, and they may not. If they do change, the problems will take care of themselves.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Novise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I saw a movie once (if anyone remembers the name of it please post) where a man was aware his family would be targeted and used against him. I believe he was a drug smugler or something like that and his enemies were coming for him. The man hears about this, hangs up the telephone and kills his wife and kids before heading out the door. An enemy like that is the scariest thing on the planet.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
your president is a lone nutter...you better be very afraid

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Most people like me are lone wolfs that really dont give a crap about much .... if i lived today and died tomorrow it wouldt matter at all ... we all should live for the moment and not let the government take control of how we feel and act . Good Thread

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

These people don't fear anyone. Especially people with nothing to lose.

I think in the complete opposite direction that you do. I think these people live in constant fear. Fear is their greatest motivation. They use fear tactics because they know fear so well. What drives hate ? Fear.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It depends on the threat of the wolf. May be they take him , kill him and throw his body in a lake or even bury him.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Tim McVeigh was more than likely a government agent...

rockcreekfreepress.tumblr.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

Yeh but your forgot the next chapter.

Torture.

These people don't fear anyone. Especially people with nothing to lose.
Less people to ask questions

I agree they don't fear anyone. Except other bullies that can touch them too.

Lone wolfs make things a little more complicated for them than they want to admit. Homogeneity really helps for a fascist police state.

They don't like loose ends. These thug tactics have a history of causing more problems latter on.

They are trying to bring in a new world police state. But what then? What happens when someone wants a newer world order and then tries the same tools to subjugate the new world order.

Same broken system new tyrants/warlords.What happens if the most logical route is to help others or be extinct? Then we will find a way to extinct ourselves. Do you save the gold or the next guy?

Get the gold right away!

Has technology really helped us? Are we still just savages with bigger better tools?

edit on 26-6-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
reply to post by newcovenant

Tim McVeigh was more than likely a government agent...

rockcreekfreepress.tumblr.com...

you damn straight he was, that boy was programmed specifically to get that job done and he did it brilliantly with the help of the bomb tecs out of Langley

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There is no leverage over the lone wolf, as the OP says.
That said, nobody or at least not many are truly alone.
There is a way to get to anybody.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Lone Wolves are extra scary because they likely share their plan with NO ONE that could rat them out.

They also hold the destructive power of an army, striking any mark at any time in any circumstance to nearly any degree in any place at any time.

No matter what, actions would appear as random to the mark(s).

There is no definitive profile, nothing to predict and no way to track per se. Just a scorned soul looking for revenge.

There's probably a hundred determined wolves for every elite. When? Where? How? Which One?
Only the wolf knows and THAT is what scares them.

it seems to me like most of you have watched too many action movies.

Revenge is the main theme of almost every good action movie.

A lone wolf.

Rambo.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join