It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran condemns IEA decision to release oil stocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Iran condemns IEA decision to release oil stocks

english.alarabiya.net

Iran condemned on Saturday a decision by oil consumer nations to release strategic crude stocks as politically motivated interference in the market that would not have a sustained impact on prices.
The 12-nation Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) -- which pumps 30 percent of global oil supplies -- opted earlier this month to maintain its output levels.
“The measure by the International Energy Agency in consuming their oil stockpile is meddling in the natural oil market t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So Iran of all nations does not like the fact that we are trying to mitigate the damage to our economies? How much further evidence do we need that Iran is no friend of ours? Unfortunately, that is true of most oil exporting nations. All the more reason to drill here at home and to develop alternative energy. Just get the gottverdamt government out of the way and tell big oil to sit down and shut up while entrepreneurs solve our energy problems. Then we can tell the arabs to eat their sand and drink their oil because we don't need them anymore.

english.alarabiya.net

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Does that make Iran wrong? It was politically motivated, the 90,000,000 barrels of oil would only last America 4 days with as much as we use.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
But it is politically motivated the west don't like it when some one else has some power go Iran !! i'm sick to death with the west with its propaganda .

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

Yes, they are wrong. It is none of their business how or when we decide to use that oil.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

So Iran of all nations does not like the fact that we are trying to mitigate the damage to our economies? How much further evidence do we need that Iran is no friend of ours? Unfortunately, that is true of most oil exporting nations. All the more reason to drill here at home and to develop alternative energy. Just get the gottverdamt government out of the way and tell big oil to sit down and shut up while entrepreneurs solve our energy problems. Then we can tell the arabs to eat their sand and drink their oil because we don't need them anymore.

english.alarabiya.net

Why should Iran be a friend of yours...? Just asking... Last time I checked it wasn't mandatory for a nation to be friends with the US....

And btw it's spelled gottverdammt and Iranians are not Arabs...

edit on 25/6/11 by beltemps because: Deleted the smiley... Topic isn't funny...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
what obama is releasing is 60 000 000 barrels of oil which the world as a whole would use in 17hrs or last the united states about 2-3 days.it only made the overall price of oil drop by 5%.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
lets see
multiply the amount of oil released times the amount per barrel USD
and realise
this is about the broke US government
funding itself
because it has blown all the money it is supposed to spend on the US peeps
stealling everyone elses oil
and giving it to Israel to sell to china...
so china can sell the gas to the US because the US hasn't built a new refinery since the SEVENTIES

go look
edit on 25-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

english.alarabiya.net

Friend of yours..??

Try to remove the illegal sanction and embargo forcing by the US left and right on Iran and the Iranian nation for 32 years first..!

Then we can talk.

edit on 25-6-2011 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Come on!!
The west are the leaches..
Their plan is to use up everyone elses natural resources and then when those countries are stripped dry and left to rot, the west still has it's own to use and screw everyone else..

BTW, China and Japan do it too..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So... Iran is upset that countries are relesing stocks of oil because OPEC wants to drive the prices up.

OPEC wouldnt even be allowed in the US since it would violate anti trust laws. I find it intresting though that a group is pissed off that another group is trying to change prices through legal means.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

"Their plan is to use up everyone elses natural resources and then when those countries are stripped dry and left to rot, the west still has it's own to use and screw everyone else."

I have said that for years. It's called hedging your bet and good business practice as a Nation or a corporation.

There's also another saying, "Better them, than us."

Though in the short run, we as a Nation are going to have to learn to do more with less, once again. History repeats itself.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The US has more resources energy wise than any other Nation. But we are denied access to them due to over regulation, excessive taxes and fees that make getting at those resources unprofitable, some animals habitat might be disturbed, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

I'm disgusted with the turn this country has taken.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

The US has more resources energy wise than any other Nation. But we are denied access to them due to over regulation, excessive taxes and fees that make getting at those resources unprofitable, some animals habitat might be disturbed, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

I'm disgusted with the turn this country has taken.
I agree 100%. The liberals and tree huggers care more about snail darters than they do people. It is part of their plan to turn us into a third world country.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Kissenger made a deal with OPEC in the 70s
that OPEC would all take dollars for oil
in exchange OPEC would invest in US treasuries which are now worthless
and Kissenger said the US would leave its resources in the ground...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

you and they are being screwed

now PAY up

edit on 25-6-2011 by Danbones because: linky

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

While I believe in being a man of my word, in this case, situation dictates. Nations have broken treaties before concerning their own National Security, which is the situation right now.

Time to renege on Kissengers word. What does he care?, he's at deaths door anyway and I'm sure he has other things on his mind at the moment.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

it doesn't make too much sense though, if you consider how much oil the U.S. has under it, just waiting to be tapped. we have more oil than all the other known oil deposits combined. a few THOUSAND years supply running america 100%. no joke.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

The only way I can reply is, "Drill, Baby, DRILL!"

top topics

join