It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if I found Bigfoot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I've been really bored lately. No job, no girlfriend, haven't been going to school lately, and my life pretty much consists of doing mundane jobs for people to make some coin and then BSing with friends. I live in Michigan, and all though there have been "sightings" for lack of a better word that the BFRO has acknowledged, I have absolutely zero confidence that we have a bipedal, unknown monkey walking around in these parts.

I do however believe he lives out west. That is where the best evidence has come from that he is alive. The show MonsterQuest had a very good episode on him in which they even had some DNA evidence from hair follicles that were shown to belong to an unknown, unfound, bipedal primate. If that is not evidence then I don't know what is. Other than that evidence, there's also the Patterson footage, which has yet to be debunked. Not to mention all the Native American cavedrawings and stories of the man in the wild.

I'm not real big into cryptozoology, but in Sasquatch's case, I feel he is out there. And if he is out there, I would assume it's not just one bigass monkey who's walking around killing dear, and living for the last thousand years. They must be breeding, but they are smart enough to keep the population numbers low enough to where they are not discovered.

My thought, which is really only a half baked thought, is to go out to Washington, camp out in the woods with the most potent tranquilizers I can get, and wait. Banging sticks together seems to be a sign of communication for them, so I would do some of that. I'd get night vision goggles so I could see everything in the dark. And I would wait. I'm sure I could get tranquilizers, a gun, and night vision goggles. It may be kinda hard but I'm sure I could figure it out.

The big problem would be the legalities involved with capturing a sasquatch. Does anyone know of any laws that protect an animal that has yet to be discovered. Mind you, I would not kill the beast unless the tranquilizers don't work on him and I have to pull out my semi auto. He would be worth a lot more to everyone alive rather than dead. I just want to know if I need to worry about the law. Ethically I already realize it isn't the most moral thing I could do, but I don't see it any different than bringing lions out of the wild and holding them in captivity.

You guys have to admit, if the local zoo had a Sasquatch sitting in one of the pens, a lot of people would come to see it. It would be like someone capturing the Loch Ness Monster and putting it in an aquarium. It would be like Jurassic Park...minus all the people dying. And most important of all...I would be credited with the discovery of Bigfoot and be a rich man indeed.

If this is the most retarded idea you've ever heard of feel free to say it...just remember, I was a little baked when I thought of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm sure if there isn't a law, there would be one back dated. After killing one of the critters.

Hey, just get some beef jerky. That will lure him into your trap.

Sorry, I just had to.

The Patterson film really does seem to be "real". But I thought that Mr. Patterson said in his deathbed that he faked the footage. I read that somewhere, long ago.

I'd really love for Bigfoot to be a real creature. I'd go hunting for one but I'm afraid I might actually stumble upon one.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure I agree with your equating sasquatch and lions. If there is such a beast, it must be intelligent, and it could very well be at close to our level of sentience to avoid capture this long living in proximity to humans...allegedly. Look at the extremely primitive humans living in the Remote jungles. They are human yet have even less ability than Sasquatch to avoid detection.

Personally I am appalled at how we treat lower animals, anyway. Those are just my sensibilities and I don't generally impose them on anyone else. In the case of a being like Sasquatch, I am concerned killing one would be more akin to murder than hunting. We just don't know enough. I'd rather our approach be more of the style of a first contact than bag it and tag it. Self defense, of course, is acceptable.

I wonder if there are some aliens somewhere having a similar discussion about us humans. Are they debating if we merit better treatment than stunning us and coring out our anuses and reproductive organs while we are still alive or do we merit the extra humane effort of killing us with their death rays, first?

edit on 25-6-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos galore

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think its a GREAT idea hehehe nobody has ever found clear evidence of it so I for one would love to see it happen. You would be out there in the middle of nowhere though, are you ready for that type of adventure?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If you have nothing better to do, I say go for it!
If, by some freak chance, you did come back with a bigfoot, your future would be secure.
Your name would go down in history, and you could make big bucks on the lecture circuit with "How I Captured the Bigfoot". Not to mention the movie rights...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think we should leave it be, If it exists and has evaded pointless human captivation thus far then it deserves a medal not a tranquillizer in its leg.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

Get a girlfriend....QUICK!
No, seriously, if money isn't an issue (needing to work I mean), then it might be a fun adventure at the very least, I would take a friend though...... If you actually caught a bigfoot, you would be a rich man!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If you are interested for your own reasons then I suggest if you see one to leave it alone. Why worry about proving anything to anyone else. If they are curious then they can spend the time to find out for themselves.

Even if you get pics or video nobody would believe you anyway. The last thing a Bigfoot needs is govt "help". I think we have all had enough help and assistance from our government officials.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Could you imagine taking a majestic beast from the wild and conquering it, breaking its spirit, so that some zoo could show the prize?

You are a fine example of a human being and this is why we will go extinct! Because we have no respect!

Personally, I hope you do find a Bigfoot, because chances are he is more of a man than you ever imagined and you will cry like a baby in fear for your life!

Please leave the wildlife to Nature and stay in your concrete jungle!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think there is a connection between Bigfoot and UFOs...

I mean it!
Many bigfoot sightings include seeing strange lights... which might explain why no physical evidence has been made public...

You may be too young, but Six Million Dollar Man covered this subject, rather well too...

They even included Aliens having a secret base in a mountain!

Great stuff!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea... I'd beg to join you if I didn't live on the other side of the world.

I agree with other comments though - if you're going to do this, do it right... I wouldn't suggest capturing Bigfoot, but certainly take some DNA samples etc! Hair, blood and so on... then let him go. Take lots of high quality, high definition video...

Go forth and tranquilize!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Maybe you could get sponsorship from NatGeo

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies everyone...except for the guy who says I'm the reason mankind will go extinct because we have no respect. I have a lot of respect. I would have no intention of doing the beast any harm, but basically all I'd be doing is discovering a new species of animal. I'm not sure of the exact number but I think it's around 20,000 new species of plants and animals are discovered each year. If Bigfoot were found, he would be just another number. My interests are purely academic...and somewhat financial.

If I were to undertake such an expedition, I would absolutely get a few friends together and we'd even document it. We'd film the whole thing and send in the tape to Animal Planet or the Planet Green Network. Even if we didn't find the beast it would make for a better show then Finding Bigfoot. At least we'd be out roughing it in the sticks of Northwest Washington.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

my only question is what happens after you tranquilize it?are you prepared to carry or drag it out?better yet try to round up some of our local people here(Washington state ats'ers),to meet you there?

better yet get ats to sponser you and others!!
edit on 25-6-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

First,

You’re out of your mind with that plan. I give you credit for your boldness. Second, your plan is already on there “watch out for this guy” list and already know if you’re going to pull it off of not. Lastly, go get a job, find a girlfriend, and simply relax about the “zoo” thing.
In conclusion, It’s cool you have an interest in our “friends”. Sit patiently and wait for signs that will “baffle” your mind. In the meantime if you are really interested in coming into contact with one of our friends…let me know. Seriously, let me know.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Is it lonely up their on your pedestal?

I would agree the zoo is not the best place for bigfoot but take it down a peg.

OP it would be wonderful if you could offer the world proof. I've live in the NW my whole life and have always secretly wished bigfoot was real. I highly doubt it but you never know. Awhile back I do remember reading about someone somewhere trying to get some laws on the book regarding the beast but I don't believe there are any yet.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiianeye55
reply to post by kyred

First,

You’re out of your mind with that plan. I give you credit for your boldness. Second, your plan is already on there “watch out for this guy” list and already know if you’re going to pull it off of not. Lastly, go get a job, find a girlfriend, and simply relax about the “zoo” thing.
In conclusion, It’s cool you have an interest in our “friends”. Sit patiently and wait for signs that will “baffle” your mind. In the meantime if you are really interested in coming into contact with one of our friends…let me know. Seriously, let me know.

This quote confuses me. What and who's "watch out for this guy" list do you mean, and why would they care about some 20 year old dude and a couple friends going out into the wild to look for Squatchy.

Your post really makes me wonder if you happen to have some Sasquatch neighbors. I've sat patiently and waited, but I don't live in a very Sasquatch dense region, so I hardly think I'll be seeing any signs that "baffle" me any time soon. I am really interested in coming into contact with a never discovered breed of primate, so this is me letting you know.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Look, nowadays, photographs/video evidence doesn't prove anything anymore..
Catching it and encaging it until officials arrive and release a formal statement will land you the pot.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
please look at my introductory thread and also a previous post I made because I don't want to repeat myself

I'm from the NW waiting to post here in the crypto forum but don't have enough posts for a topic. Please read my introductory post in the forum as I am planning on visiting ape canyon with a small expedtion. But I am talking about DEEP in the wilderness. My guide won't even go with me unless I wear skunk urine and he was at Mt. St. Helens eruption before and after and knows about the area extensively. If you live in the NW and are interested please check out my intro post.

Anyways send me some PMs if you are interested in this I want to do it during the summer when we have better access to untouched lands.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I applaud you on the idea of starting an expedition to search for Sasquatch. I've thought about doing that here in BC for quite some time. Don't listen to the people who get all crazy about killing it or capturing it. The sooner someone kills one the better, because I'm sick of wondering if It's real. Although there is quite a large amount of evidence, the problem is that it isn't clear enough. The survival part of the extended "hiking trip" shouldn't prove too difficult. Just pack smart. Also, bring some good HD camcorders. And please, if you do get the Camcorders, get a shotgun mic for it. High quality footage + audio = proof. I wish you the best of luck if you decide to go! Now go shoot us a Sasquatch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join