It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Girl from the Cherry Tree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Dear members,

this is a real account. I hope that although my opinion is explicit, you believe me when I say that the story is real. I'm a sincere guy and just like many others here looking for answers. I've experienced a lot in my life where a lot is an understatement. If you think I'm a nutter, be my guest, I'm not crazy, I'm an airplane! This event convinced me that there is more than the 4D world we live in.
The following story is true!

The Girl from the Cherry Tree

Spring 2003.
Somewhere in the southeast of the Netherlands there is an old farm. On this farm lived a man alone. He had a private bar on one side of the farm where he was running a "business". I worked a while for him behind the counter and that was the place I first experienced the possible poltergeist. When nothing was going on I sat behind the counter and got annoyed from time to time by the fridge that seemed to have a rumbling motor. You probably know how an old fridge can make knocking sounds. But every time I stuck my head underneath the counter to see where the sound was coming from it instantly stopped.

At one time I got so annoyed by the knocking sound, I got angry and looked very fast underneath the counter and at that point I hear a loud knocking sound coming from the billiard.
I awed, what the hell was that?
There was no one there but me! I got a bit scared, but excited as well.
Later that day I asked the guy who lived there and he told me that I was not the first one to experience strange things.

He started to tell about a small family who lived at his farm, they had a daughter that got killed by a road-accident on a busy street half a mile away. The girl used to play under and with a cherry tree that stood in a field 100 yards from the farm. She loved that tree. The crazy thing was that after the girl had died, the tree didn't produce any cherishes for many years. Only after many years it started to give cherishes again, but at first only a few.

It was a very sad story and I started to think that it could be a possible explanation for the occurrences. But not long after he told me that story we got back to reality, when we got robbed at gunpoint. We got tied up and our mouthes duct-taped and beaten. Of course has a happening like that a great impact on your fear-factor and you are very alert after something like that.
On one evening not long after the robbery there was a group of 5 or 6 young people visiting the farm. The business was closed, it was around midnight and because they were friends of the owner we were talking and watching TV in his living-room. Suddenly we heard very clear how the door slammed in the back. We all went to look who or what it was and we were a little scared because of the robbery which happened only a week or so before.

We didn't find anything, all outside doors were locked and there was nowhere a draft that could have caused a door or a window to slam. We went back to the living-room and just as we sat and almost forgotten what just happened, we heard how a door was slammed again.
This was really crazy, we all stood up and spread around the farm to look if there was someone. Some of us went outside with flashlights and some others looked inside the house.
Nothing, nothing on the outside, nothing on the inside, nothing. The girl that was present got a little scared, we didn't know what to think of it. There was no explanation for it.

And so the story of the girl from the cherry tree surfaced again and we started to think that she might be responsible. The people that experienced it with me also believed it was a ghost. I've had always an interest in the mysteries of this Multiverse and I was a little familiar with stories about ghosts. So I told the others that we should try to communicate with it/her and that's what some of them, especially the girl, tried to do, just by talking to "air". If she accomplished something, I don't know, but not long after that the knocking near the fridge ended and I never heard it again.

End of story.

BTW, sometimes I'm a real jerk. The girl that was present that evening visited the bar on the next morning. We were talking about unimportant stuff and I walked from the counter behind her where the billiard was situated. Above the billiard were 2 large brass lamps and I rocked the both of them a little as I walked back to the counter. I started talking about the poltergeist and a couple of sentences later I said to her that just talking about it has triggered a response from it, "Just look behind you". She saw the lamps tumbling, screamed, got really scared and flew into my arms
and I calmed her down, but I let her believe that it was real what she just experienced. Only to reveal that it was a prank among her and her friends that evening. Yeah, I know, I'm an .......!

edit on 25-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: typosssss

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
well I don't have much to say apart from I enjoyed your story and Im sorry to hear about the incident with the robbers! Star for you!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So you never saw anything? Just strange noises and a story of someone dying a long time ago? You see how the imagination can stir up things that are not even there? It would have been scary if you actually saw something I suppose

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Nice post, Paranormal Studies are my favorite of anything on ATS

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Lame man. I was expecting a better story, where this poltergeist girl starts terrifying and killing all you guys one by one.

I was expecting shock moments like seeing the girl in the corner facing the wall, and then BAM! she is in front of you.

Anyway...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I regularly sense a presence, but I'm never sure if it's my imagination or that it's real, so I tend to think the first.
In another place in 1999 I sensed a presence that one of my cats could see.
Something or somewhat walked across my living-room. My cat was shocked and followed it with huge eyes. I sensed a lot of cold, even though the room temperature was hot. That was something I sensed at the farm as well.

The poltergeist was somewhat annoying, I experienced it kinda like begging for attention.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Interesting story,i believe spirits stay around after death & attach themselves to something or someplace where they found happieness when in life.
I used to be able to sense a presense near but not so much these days,sometimes it comes back but not as strong as when i was younger.
Most of the spirits i've encountered i haven't been afraid of.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i think that is was around the late seventies , i was driving back from a job near fleetwood on my journey through the country side in kirkham when a mini came up behind me quite close and his lights was dazzleing me ,
i moved over to the side a bit so as to let him pass , but he did not do so ,
i the decided to speed up and put some distance between us , when i had got about 100 yards or so his lights disappeared.
as the land around that area is quite flat with low hedge rows i knew that i should have been able to see him or his lights at least.
so i assumed that he had lost controll and had ploughed through the hedge and into the field.
i stopped and then reversed back to see if i could help.
there was nothing there , not even a gate or a side turning .
maybe there was an accident and a fatality at some time there and i had just witnessed a ghostly reenactment .

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

What kind of "business" is going on at a farm in Netherlands? If you catch my drift...

Story sounds weird...But unexplained noises coming from under the counter, & barn doors shutting doesn't necessarily link to the death of a girl, who used to play by a cherry tree nearby...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Mate, there's been A LOT of unexplained activities (there's even part of a motorway that's been named the "most haunted in Britain!) that occurs when people are driving.

Your story is just one of the many unexplained happenings on road...Were you really dazzled from the lights coming from behind you? Yet, the lights stopped, there wasn't one car behind you at all?

Sorry, I just wanna know more about it!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

yes it happened just as i wrote , the lights were filling up my car and making it difficult to see out of the wind screen , i knew it was a mini because i had seen it comming up behind me
i thought it was a boy racer and thats why i inched over to let him pass.
i was driving a 1800 capri at the timeand it would not have been the first time that a boy racer had challenged me in that way.
even though night was falling there was still enough light to see a reasonable distance , but his lights were reflecting through my back window and my mirrors .
and as i said when the lights went out and i reversed back expecting to see a wreck , there was nothing there .

top topics

join