It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two bombs found at Denver area shopping mall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

How dare you suggest that everything isn't planned by the government to gain more control over the people. You are ignoring the obvious facts.

Nothing in this country happens without the government's permission, even the weather follows the government's plan. Quit denying the truth.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ah yes, because in our history there have never ever been sick people out there making bombs and trying to hurt others.

I find it disturbing that people do not recognize the actual real sick people out there and blame everything on the government. Not everything is the government's fault.

The thing you are not realizing is that nowadays in the U.S. Government is where most of the sick people actually work. I believe Powell has a point here. Just like with the recent Cyber hacking attention to push the new defense bill, it is looking like very soon we will have a "safer malls act" and government agents in our local malls as well.

I agree with you as well, there is far too much "government is behind everything" conspiracy sometimes. But this is not one of those times IMHO.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Yes I would rather face live bombs in a mall that will go off at anytime than government agents undercover that I will never notice..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It is far from uncommon for political officials and other entities in government to use fear to squash the rights of Americans. They start with a minority group, such as certain outcasts and use them as a testing ground...before long the same techniques are used against the general public, many times without them even knowing it. It is easy to sell an idea that takes away a person's rights if the population believes it to be for their own good. There are several examples out there that proves this, starting with but not limited to terrorism. People even vote for these laws thinking it will keep the streets, schools, malls, etc. safer...they are so convinced, or mislead is probably the right word, that they are willing to give up their rights as a way of being a "Patriot"...hence the term "Patriot Act". If we look back on old times though, I cannot think of one single time a person had to give up their rights to be a patriot, other than joining the military which is an obligation which is to be expected. People are paranoid, and unfortunately this paranoia is going to cost them the greatest thing they fear to lose most, their freedoms. So long as people continue to fall for these tricks, it will only get worst. People who support these laws think it will never affect them because it is human nature to believe that one does no wrong. By the time they do become a victim of these laws themselves, it is too late. They are stamped with 3 six's on their foreheads ((In a manner of speaking) and nobody will head their warnings. Only the truth can stop this pattern, and it is a trust that will probably not be noticed until it is too late.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
I know that there are many people on this board who are quick to blame the government for literally everything in the news, but if what were are suggesting was indeed the case, don't you think the MSM would be shoving this story down everyone's throats? If, like many conspiracy theorists like to claim, the MSM is in the back pocket of our federal government, then I would think that they would at least want to garner some support before implementing such a thing.

Can we please wake up and realize that--gasp--not every single thing that happens is drummed up by the big-bad secret government?

I agree with you 100%
It just kills people who think they're awake to ever say "I don't know" or acknowledge that their neighbors are insane, or even to acknowledge that THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE - they just need someone to point a finger at.

There's actually nothing new going on in the world, they just happen to be noticing now (thanks a lot internet..)

I tried to do a search but I failed - all I found of relevance was on June 2, 1919 - bombs exploded simutaneously in 9 U.S. cities - and the first NY Bomb Squad was developed in 1903 - so its NOT NEW

The New York City Police Department established its first bomb squad in 1903. Known as the "Italian Squad", its primary mission was to deal with dynamite bombs used by the Mafia to intimidate immigrant Italian merchants and residents. It would later be known as the "Anarchist Squad" and the "Radical Squad".
Source (yes, I wiki'd - sue me)

oh man, you know what that means? People in America were bombing America... go figure.
Wait, unless anyone knows any Middle Eastern mafia members... then I could totally be wrong

I can tell you from experience that my own high school received several bomb threats over the years - and no we didn't have to (and they still dont) walk through metal detectors on the way in

Originally posted by kro32
How dare you suggest that everything isn't planned by the government to gain more control over the people. You are ignoring the obvious facts.

Nothing in this country happens without the government's permission, even the weather follows the government's plan. Quit denying the truth.

is that sarcasm? I truly hope so...

its people with this EXACT mentality who think they're awake but are still sleeping

There is nothing good to be found in any extreme belief.

Being open minded doesn't mean find a new scapegoat for the worlds problems (and that includes bombs as well as normal natural cycles of the planet).

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Its probably not big news because Muslims were not involved and they couldn't find some Muslim scapegoat to pin it on.

Somehow I doubt that's it.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
As a flase flag,this one isnt much....for a false flag to work,it has to kill and maim a bunch of people...this one hardly made the news...I still havent seen it yet.....the NW area has been seeing a lot of Aryan Nation type groups,like the dude who planted the bomb on MLK day....Im leaning towards that sort of incident

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Where the hell is the logic in placing bombs in a bookstore that is closed? That just makes no sense unless you're the guy who owns the bookstore in the next block.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
There was a series of bombs left in Ikea stores across Europe a few weeks ago. Bombs with timers.

On the bright side, if they used Ikea timers very few would have gone off anyway.

I agree with most people who say the terrorists did win. We're the frog on the hotplate, only instead of heat being turned up, freedoms are being stripped away.

Because of my job I have a conceal weapons permit, and up until a few years ago I only carried a firearm when I needed to for work. But lately I carry it more and more places. Not because I fear some goverment takeover, but because the financial crisis has pushed a lot of people to the breaking point. Once a person reaches that point there is no way of predicting their behavior.

They choose targets like schools because they know they'll have the only gun in the building. Some malls like the Mall Of America ban guns, which is why I never go there, but since I'm no longer buying into the consumer culture I find there are very few times a year I even need to go to a mall. I even buy my clothes at outlet malls now.

Do I think we need TSA agents at malls? Hell no. But I'd feel much safer knowing that properly trained citizens were allowed to be armed in the building. It takes the building out of the "soft target" category and doesn't cost the taxpayers a dime.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
There was a series of bombs left in Ikea stores across Europe a few weeks ago. Bombs with timers.

Really? Is that anything to do with the 'cartoonist' ?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ah yes, because in our history there have never ever been sick people out there making bombs and trying to hurt others.

I find it disturbing that people do not recognize the actual real sick people out there and blame everything on the government. Not everything is the government's fault.

The thing you are not realizing is that nowadays in the U.S. Government is where most of the sick people actually work. I believe Powell has a point here. Just like with the recent Cyber hacking attention to push the new defense bill, it is looking like very soon we will have a "safer malls act" and government agents in our local malls as well.

I agree with you as well, there is far too much "government is behind everything" conspiracy sometimes. But this is not one of those times IMHO.

Unless you have proof to back this up, it is pure speculation...pure opinion. I do not believe that the government is behind the bomb findings that have been found here in CO (where I live) because there is absolutely nothing that points to that. Unless someone can give a good presentation of the connection - well, Im all ears, er, eyes.

FACT is there are sick civilians (not government employees) out there who wish to do harm to others. And to simply discount that is irresponsible and well, just wrong.

Malls have always been a place for twisted people to get off hurting others.....this is absolutely nothing new. We just now have the amazing internet that gets news out faster than you can say.......BOO! All malls already have security and tons of cameras, etc.......and it has been this way for YEARS - every since I worked retail back when I was 16.
edit on June 26th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

FACT is there are sick civilians (not government employees) out there who wish to do harm to others. And to simply discount that is irresponsible and well, just wrong.

Malls have always been a place for twisted people to get off hurting others.....this is absolutely nothing new. We just now have the amazing internet that gets news out faster than you can say.......BOO! All malls already have security and tons of cameras, etc.......and it has been this way for YEARS - every since I worked retail back when I was 16.
edit on June 26th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Thank you, greeneyedleo, that was a very good point. Not everything is a darn conspiracy, guys............
[Although I do believe there may have been cases where corrupt elements of the gov't and elements of certain groups, such as some of the militias, or many of the white supremacist groups, may have collaborated from time to time.............OKC, anyone?]
edit on 26-6-2011 by AverageJoe1 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Homedawg
As a flase flag,this one isnt much....for a false flag to work,it has to kill and maim a bunch of people...this one hardly made the news...I still havent seen it yet.....the NW area has been seeing a lot of Aryan Nation type groups,like the dude who planted the bomb on MLK day....Im leaning towards that sort of incident

I do believe it's possible that the Aryan Nations or a similar group may be behind this recent scare, or at least involved in it. After all, many of the post-WW2 white supremacist groups have had histories of participating in this kind of stuff.

edit on 26-6-2011 by AverageJoe1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
Whilst of course I do not condone the use of any form of violence, the occasional bomb strory does serve to remind us just how vulnerable we are.

Of course we are vulnerable, and we always will be no matter what the government does - period.

Israel is microscopic compared to us, but can't come close to stopping bombings, and they really have a real reason to fear them. There will never ever be true safety in a public place - get it out of your mind if you think it is possible. Good news though, there currently is no one actually trying to bomb us, despite what the government is suggesting.

That may change though if we do indeed plan to take on the whole middle east.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Another false flag. Everyone knows the govt planted these to justify the war on terror.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
oh yeah I totally forgot about this - I live right near this mall
Woman Opens Fire at Springfield Mall

SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - A woman in army fatigues and black boots opened fire with a semiautomatic rifle in a crowded shopping mall, killing two people and wounding eight others before she was subdued by a passer-by, police said.
Sylvia Seegrist, 25, of Crumlyn, was taken into custody after the Wednesday shooting rampage at the Springfield Mall in Delaware County, said Police Chief George Hill. Police then closed the shopping center.

"Hurry up, man, you know I'm guilty. Kill me on the spot," she told District Justice Joseph L. DiPietro as she was arraigned on charges of murder, attempted murder, aggravated assault, possession of an instrument of crime and possession of an unregistered firearm.

That was in 1985 - she killed a 2 year old and a 65 year old.

No increased security there today.

Not sure it counts cause it was a firearm, but it didn't change any gun laws either, since she was already breaking the law by having it.

I should've used a more local paper - they spelled Crum Lynn wrong

man she even got a wiki page - says she killed 3 people Sylvia Seegrist
edit on 27-6-2011 by Forevever because: MSM fails

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join