It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two bombs found at Denver area shopping mall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Two bombs found at Denver area shopping mall

news.yahoo.com

DENVER (Reuters) – Two bombs were found inside a Borders Bookstore in a suburban Denver shopping mall overnight, the FBI said on Saturday.
Police were summoned to the Colorado Mills Mall in Lakewood early on Saturday after a store alarm sounded, the FBI said in a news release.
Police discovered evidence of forced entry and found two explosive devices.
The Jefferson County Bomb Squad responded to the scene, but the FBI did not say if the devices detonated.
"No injuries were reported and no threats have been communicated to Borders or the Mall," the FBI release said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
An awful small article for such an important story. Wonder if it detonated or not, don't know why they didn't disclose that fact. If so much as a car explodes overseas then it is all over the news, a bomb is found in the States and not much about it. I suppose it could just be a fresh story. Surprised its not on CNN yet.

Question: Is there a forum for general news such as this or is this it?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-6-2011 by JonStone because: Added a question.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JonStone

Holy Schnikees, I have been scared while in large public groups. Now fudge that my son isn't going to a mall for a while, nor my wife.
S&F Thanks lookout!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well... now the TSA has a "legit" excuse to setup camp at malls...

I never go to malls anyways... but still...

Next they will find some car bombs, and have to setup nationwide checkpoints to check for bombs in everybodies car...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wouldnt surprise me. I avoid malls as well, hardly ever any real deals there.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

I never go to malls anyways... but still...

Next they will find some car bombs, and have to setup nationwide checkpoints to check for bombs in everybodies car...

And there you have it. Their excuse to enter our lives for our "safety".

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JonStone

Not even kidding, I posted on my FB page about Noon today that I had just had a dream about a grenade going off at the Mall. In my dream I was in Colorado. Woke up late today, had the dream maybe about 11 or so right before I woke up.

EDIT: Im in Eastern time.
edit on 25-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That probably won't be the only place where bombs have been placed. I've felt we were overdue for some sort of event. Several bombs going off in public areas throw people into panic mode. Everyone stay safe and I'll be staying away from shopping centers the next few days.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
In my dream, two people were killed, along with the bomber. I could smell cordite, there was a lot of smoke, and a white powder residue all over everything. It was in a common area, with brown or reddish brown tile and there was a set of large windows nearby.

EDIT to add: I was at the mall with my mother. I was trying to find her before the bomb went off. I was going to cal her phone, but realized suddenly that for some reason I had this old analog phone that didn't have her number stored in it, and I forgot her phone number so I couldn't call her, but then somehow we were on the phone together. She told me to go around the other way to meet her because a bomb had just gone off. But I was already just walking into the area where it had gone off. There was debris, and though paramedics had already responded, the area had not yet been sealed off and there were still a few people wandering about, sort of in a daze.

EDIT 2: I also remember there was a lot of clearance stuff. Like the stores you see pop up right before the holidays, temp stores that are only going to be there for a month or two.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Havent seen anything on the news yet...maybe MSM at 6?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Its probably not big news because Muslims were not involved and they couldn't find some Muslim scapegoat to pin it on.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There have been a number of "bombs" being left around the Denver area lately...

Bomb found near Columbine - at a mall

LITTLETON, Colo. — Law-enforcement officials asked the public's help Thursday in determining the identity of a suspicious looking man shown in images at a suburban Denver mall following a fire on the 12th anniversary of the Columbine massacre.

Pipe Bomb found - Golden

GOLDEN, Colo -- Golden Police Department officers were called to a home in the 500 Block of 15 Street at about 10:10 a.m. Sunday morning after a suspicious looking pipe was found.

edit on June 25th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I hope they don't start covering this story. As soon as the MSM starts spewing it's crap about it, before you know it we will have TSA agents and the freaking National Guard at every mall in the country, it will be a look out-- there are bombs everywhere!!! Your neighbor, the fake delivery guy.....see something, say something, domestic terrorism is on the rise!!!!

People, this is how it starts. Watch the news and see if more bomb threats don't start popping up. If so, watch out cause here comes the government to save us all....for a price of course. Every time the MSM grabs ahold of a story and expands it over the course of three or more days, it means there's a bill on it's way from the White House to address that very issue. For a price of course.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I hope they don't start covering this story. As soon as the MSM starts spewing it's crap about it, before you know it we will have TSA agents and the freaking National Guard at every mall in the country, it will be a look out-- there are bombs everywhere!!! Your neighbor, the fake delivery guy.....see something, say something, domestic terrorism is on the rise!!!!

People, this is how it starts. Watch the news and see if more bomb threats don't start popping up. If so, watch out cause here comes the government to save us all....for a price of course. Every time the MSM grabs ahold of a story and expands it over the course of three or more days, it means there's a bill on it's way from the White House to address that very issue. For a price of course.

Ah yes, because in our history there have never ever been sick people out there making bombs and trying to hurt others.

I find it disturbing that people do not recognize the actual real sick people out there and blame everything on the government. Not everything is the government's fault.
edit on June 25th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There was a series of bombs left in Ikea stores across Europe a few weeks ago. Bombs with timers.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Whilst of course I do not condone the use of any form of violence, the occasional bomb strory does serve to remind us just how vulnerable we are.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Bull.

I know that there are many people on this board who are quick to blame the government for literally everything in the news, but if what were are suggesting was indeed the case, don't you think the MSM would be shoving this story down everyone's throats? If, like many conspiracy theorists like to claim, the MSM is in the back pocket of our federal government, then I would think that they would at least want to garner some support before implementing such a thing.

Can we please wake up and realize that--gasp--not every single thing that happens is drummed up by the big-bad secret government?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Did I miss something, or did they fail to disclose who put the bombs there?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
Whilst of course I do not condone the use of any form of violence, the occasional bomb strory does serve to remind us just how vulnerable we are.

yes we need protection!!! NOW!!! Not safe to go shopping with all these mad bombers running around loose. We need the national Guard at mall, bus depots, train stations, sporting events etc... before its TOO LATE

Oh and CobraCommander... stay put NSA wants to have a word with you about those dreams...

(PHOTO AS&E's Z Backscatter Van™ Mobile X-Ray Scanner Vans Patrolling the Streets of America)

The projects range from what the DHS describes as “a walk through x-ray screening system that could be deployed at entrances to special events or other points of interest” to “covert inspection of moving subjects” employing the same backscatter imaging technology currently used in American airports.

www.conspiracyplanet.com...

Conspiracy site? Oh well here it is from the Horses Mouth

BACKSCATTER X-RAY SURVEILLANCE VANS HIT THE STREETS

X-Ray Van Sees Through Homes

Welcome to your safety America

edit on 25-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join