It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't shop at B.P. vote-no bashing please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
People I wanted to go over some things about the earth that we have forgot about since all these tragedies around the world. Let's not lose our scope!

B.P. destroyed one ecosystem on our planet, and it was a major one. Please do not shop there, and if for some reason you must get fuel there make it pennies worth. Stop letting people ruin our ways of life. The destruction from B.P. will live on long after all of us are around.

If you bash this we know you work for B.P.

Just hands up-Who feels comfortable with shopping at this evil corporation now? I haven't been there once since it happened.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
While I don't personally believe it will make a difference, I haven't bought bp gas since the gulf disaster but that is purely so I can sleep at night. Calling anyone who refuses to do so a bp employee..........a little paranoid and a good way to alienate people.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by itsatrap

I just wanted your input which I appreciate is all. Just want no bashing in this thread, glad to hear you don't shop there though.
The employee thing was a joke-where is my netiquette?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by itsatrap

And how would it not make a difference? If we all stick together and work together we can help rebuild the world, safer by choosing companies who care about their responsibility to the environment, and their local communities.
I am done with B.P. until they really make it up to those poor families, our ecosystems, and show us they are sorry.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
South Louisiana boy here. Haven't given a cent to that POS corporation since they oiled our waters. On a related note, Gulf seafood has been deemed safe and, while I'm sure the corexit just sunk the oil to the sea floor, the Gulf has made a helluva comeback. Uncertain if the oil will rise someday, but thus far, we've avoided the great ecological catastrophe predicted by many alarmists. At this point, the idiots in the Administration are doing their best to destroy Louisiana's economy, but like always, we'll survive this disaster, too. Peace, friend, and death to BP!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Wow Louie, nice to have an insiders view point. Can you tell us more about the truth down there? I'm by Chicago, all I have for real news is ATS, and sometime BBC, and Alex Jones of course.
Does it still smell of dead fish?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have used Castrol products for 45 years in cars planes and boats -- no BP no Castrol -- not ever again. Kendal makes a good 20 50 oil for my flat tappet engines -- I have switched.
edit on 25-6-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Haha. No, it doesn't smell of dead fish. Believe me, I appreciate the concern. Most of the population stopped paying attention after the well was capped and the oil magically disappeared within the same week. Forget that cleanup operations went on for many months after that. They still have some BP activity out there. But, at least visibly, things seem mostly fine. Every now and then, a sheen shows up off the coast and the government quickly states that it's "only algae" or the blame goes to a small shallow water rig having a minor spill. Who knows.

There are still patches of marsh that are oiled and dying. BP hasn't done anything directly to rebuild our wetlands but most of the money they were fined by the government is supposed to go to rebuilding the coast. Again, we'll see.

I have gone back to eating seafood and there is no obvious difference from before the spill. Perhaps trace amounts of corexit/oil will make me sick over time due to the frequency of my shrimp and fish consumption, but eating it every so often will probably not have any harmful affects for tourists down here or the casual restaurant customer elsewhere in the country(Please help our fishermen out - eat Gulf seafood).

Now that the national spotlight is off them, BP is openly trying to avoid payment to those effected. Pretty shameful stuff, especially since alot of the out of work fishermen they contracted with for cleanup ops are getting sick with strange symptoms.

And to top it off, the Obama administration has effectively killed oil production in the Gulf. BP has a 20+ year history of terrible safety practices(the next worst company doesn't even come close to their irresponsibility and ineptitude). Simply enforcing existing regulations would more than protect us from a similar accident. We need to get our 2 top industries back in action to get the state's economy throbbing again(oil and seafood).

Hey, we're Louisiana. We have a catastrophe every couple years. We got this one licked too.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Louie, thanks for the input!
I'm sorry but I personally will wait a few years before I eat a shrimp.
You need to keep the fire alive buddy if you want to help rebuild your community-you are part of it.
Start a thread on here about how BP isn't paying for anything, you are there let the world know what is going on. Tell people on Facebook, whatever you can do to make them rebuild. If not oh well, but thanks for letting us know what the haps are

top topics

join