It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has added "primative" weapons to the SHTF arsenal?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
just a broken hockey stick with a sharpened end where the blade used to be (i'm canadian and it works like a good staff
) , couple knives, hammer, things of that nature. don't own a gun but my brains and fists make up for that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
you call that primitive?

I have a hand axe made of stone flint that's at least 5000 years old.

You call THAT primitive?

I have a Brontosaurus bone with nails sticking out of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Ahh, you mean an atlatl?

I have not heard it called that before, but yep. The Aboriginals here in Australia used it for hunting kangaroos and sorting out tribal conflicts.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's more food you guys need.

The USA gov knows you are well armed if not organised as much as you should be and they may try a food for weapons program and if you end up hungry then they have you.

We in europe have nothing but pea shooter and garden tools to protect ourselves with because too many people allowed the gov to dis-arm them whilst criminals pay no attention to the law and get guns anyway.

The unknown is will they use biological weapons to flush people out to seek medical attention only the army can provide.

Make no mistake the zionist bankers will not go down without a fight and you need to look at all the tools that they have to make you all bend down on one knee and take it.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
don't own a gun but my brains and fists make up for that.
Really? I have a few 158 grain hollow points that disagree with you. How would your brain and fists protect you from bullets that leave an exit hole bigger than your fist? Be serious dude. There is a place for bravado, but don't bring a fist to a gunfight

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well seeing as I live in England where we can't have guns anyway I have had to go all "primitive" as you call it from day one. So as a avid history student and collector I tend to have some rather antique weapons. Although I assure you they can still do the job.
I got a 19th century british infantry officers sword
a selection on bayonets (mainly WW2)
a lovely old spear head
composite bow..but i need some proper hunting arrows instead of the target ones
and a modern made morning star ( spiked ball n chain)
Ive also got a selection of helmets and a chainmail shirt in case people decide to hit me back

Hell I can go full on Viking if I wanted too

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Not sure how you can hunt deer without a hatchet and large hunting knife to field dress the animal. Is that primitive enough? LOL

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Really? I have a few 158 grain hollow points that disagree with you. How would your brain and fists protect you from bullets that leave an exit hole bigger than your fist? Be serious dude. There is a place for bravado, but don't bring a fist to a gunfight

lol liberty, I love you man haha, you are my conscience. dont ever stop telling me this stuff.
as right as you are, I wish you knew me like I know me. for some yes, guns are an issue.
like I said in the martial arts thread before,
i'm confident enough in my skills that I could sneak up on you, or completely re-route entirely and avoid the confrontation. when it's game on, theres something I can't control. this primal instinct coupled with a modern view.
any sized human, any weapon, it's like game on for me. it's scary. and maybe one day I will learn the hard way at the end of a barrel, but as far as I can see, i'm prepared for just about anything and I don't need a gun to support, as I have my brains and fists.

just for backup experience though, I did learn how to snipe. 1100 yrds I could hit 4/5 targets. I loved it, but doubt i'll ever need that skill in my life. I practice stealth, hand-to-hand and situational awareness a lot for real practical uses. keep in mind that I mean for a lone gunman. if we're talking multiple shooters at multiple angles it becomes tricky and timing is key. one wrong step and your into the barrel. it's all a science.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It depends how you mean primative. I work in a locksmiths and diy shop . I sharpen and fix tools when they are not functioning right. Sometimes someone will bring me something busted beyond economicaly viable repair. Customers often leave parts around the shop for me to dispose of.

I made a pair of 12 inch , double bladed knives out of a pair of discarded shear blades, the handles of which had broken. Had to remove the bolt which kept the blades connected to one another, and put a second edge on each one from scratch to achieve this. I am considering various methods of applying new handles, and trying to figure which handle type would be most effective, wood, wrapped in leather, or perhaps bound with string and coated in wax... Havent really decided yet, but constructing and applying handles of either type would be the work of less than an hour either way.

My mother broke her digging spade, the wood split where the shaft meets the steel. Rather than throw out the handle, I rounded and pointed the broken end, so that mother can use in to create ideal holes in the earth to plant seeds in. But the point is that sharp due to my careful application of sandpaper, that if one were to hold it correctly, and thrust with it, it would undoubtedly brutalise anything it hit, split skin and muscle, and if thrust into the gut, would probably ruin the digestive systems within.

I have a hundred year old machete lying about that I renewed from a blunt force weapon to the point where I can shave with it. It has a regular curve blade on one side, and on the reverse, the blunt side, it has a six inch long protruding blade, at about seven inches from the handle. This would traditionaly be used to split wood,since the blade is placed for ideal delivery of the force of a swing, where as the other side with its curved blade would be used for a variety of things, including clearance of vines and thin bush, and can be used as a sickle to harvest consumables, herbs, poisons and things from nature. Either blade , when the machete is swung properly could remove a limb without a doubt. Its not a super heavy lump of metal, but the delivery of its weight into target is pretty profound.

I have the parts lying around to build some rudimentary anti impact, anti stab armour. I have sheet steel, rubber matting, and several sheets of chicken wire, which when sandwhiched between rubber sheet would provide a decent baffle against penetration.

Theres always more junk turning up. Who knows what might come next?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

did you see the thread about the diaper grandma searched at the airport by your TSA masters?

what good are your guns again?

while you hug those useless hunks of metal your country is being stolen right out from under you..
by people who are smarter than you...
edit on 26-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Not sure how you can hunt deer without a hatchet and large hunting knife to field dress the animal. Is that primitive enough? LOL

one of the Leakies out skinned a pro using steel with an olduvai stone cutting tool

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have a self sharpening stone skin scraper...
it is over 4000 yeras old by place
verified by a senior archeologist

it has a crack straight down the business edge..
as it gets dull on one side..you turn it over and it is sharp on the other side

they don't have self sharpening steel tools yet
edit on 26-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

i have spears, several knives, and a sword cane when it comes to that, i know that depending on the shtf i can get different weapons where i will go.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Who said I dont have knives or a hatchet?This thread isnt about what tool I have for survival,its about who has thought of/added something other than guns to fight with...strting to wander off topic again

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Been telling people for ages not to rely on soley modern technology in a post apocalyptic kind of scenario!

I have a bowie knife and a 50lb recurve bow I use for fun sometimes on my friend´s property. But I can honestly say that I have no stockpile. I really don´t think anything is going to happen anytime soon. But hey, archery is fun. Although I did spend a large part of my childhood making improvised weapons that worked quite well - older brothers are the worst danger there is, I´m afraid.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
On the side of each of my family members pack is a Gerber(Fiskars) hatchet..good grief...people love to pick threads apart...all I asked was who has extra non firearm tools put back.....in the dark,a man coming thru the window will be just as dead if you chop his neck with a hatchet or a Katana , thats all I was pointing out...and you wont give your position away

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
primitave weapons are subject to the eye of the beholder.

"the mind is the best weapon"
rambo first blood part II

my primitaves and pseudo primatives such as the ka bar, flail, katana, scottish dirk weren't used by cavemen but with enough practice, are useful in certain close quarters/ streetfight scenarios. as for hugging a hunk of metal while my country is being taken from me i'll take it back with a mini-14. even with iron sights it's pretty accurate with varying magazine capacity. as for hunting/ fishing tools, a harpoon is not difficult to make but can become a project if you want it. my favorite harpoon is one made from 2 to 3.5 inch thick sapling with a large nail at the end of it. i have smithed a harpoon tip from a large nail before and it turned out nice. i like to burn the root end for a nice temper. the weight at the rooted end makes it more dartlike. i also like using a sling. you can throw anything from rocks to m-80's with one. just tape five or six pop its to the fuse instead of lighting it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

why would you stay in the same place if you had a gun? i know that the words "lay down supressive fire" are often overlooked or avoided but can be advantageous when defending or attacking
edit on 29-6-2011 by rockoperawriter because: the reason

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Primitive weapons in my arsenal:
2 K-Bar knives
1 recurve bow-#55 lb draw weight with plenty of arrows.
1 compound crossbow with plenty of bolts
1 fiberglass long bow-35 lb draw weight with plenty of aluminum arrows(I've had this since i was 12. I'm 61 now. so it's obvious it has seen a lot of service. It's good for smaller game.)
1 double edge hatchet, balanced and suitable for throwing if necessary.
2 "throwing hawks" suitable for close order combat, or cleaning a deer.
1 katana, which as a good edge, but I fear it is of more for decoration than cutting.
extra strings, sharpening stones, fire starting equipment(not matches).
also have a camping hatchet and an axe, which can be a good for close order combat if needed.
Last but not least, I have my brain. The mind, properly trained, and properly utilized, is not necessarily primitive, but is the most dangerous.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm a medievalist and renaissance re-enactor. I have enough "primative" weapons that I need to build ANOTHER rack for my blades.
As it stands, I could outfit the whole neighborhood with Swords, Daggers, Axes (All carbon steel, tempered for actual use) plus bows, spears, polearms, armor, etc.

I think this one's my favorite:

Pretty, ain't it?

Cuhail

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join