It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has added "primative" weapons to the SHTF arsenal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I went to Cold Steel and purchased two spear heads,two 6 ft hickory staffs,two shamboks and two Katana style swords and also obtained a nice crossbow to have in my stash,JIC guns are voted out and knives and clubs arent enough.WHo else has added these type weapons?What did you choose?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have a sock filled with batteries and a slingshot. I also have a 6foot deep pit filled with sharpened sticks and covered with leaves (but i won't tell you where!!).

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Just because the liberals vote to take away our guns doesn't mean that they will get them all or even most.

link   
I went 100% primitive. I have love

So when the "whatever" comes I will give them 2 barrels of sawed off love.

My Love fu beats your Kung fu.

link   
when STHTF, who will really care if guns are ruled out? I don't believe that will make anyone stop and think

"Oh $#!T, I can't use this weapon, it's illegal! I'll get arrested! Where is my spear?!?"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GisfridMaillor

I went 100% primitive. I have love.

So when the "whatever" comes I will give them 2 barrels of sawed off love.

My Love fu beats your Kung fu.

I like where you are going with that... I've now added a rational and free-thinking intellect to my arsenal.. Not a weapon that many people get faced with very often

edit on 25-6-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Starting to get off topic...I never said I didnt have plenty of guns,or that I would give them up,or not use them...all i asked was if anyone else has added more primitive stuff to their stash of weapons.....call it a mental excercise....no need to get all riled up about a simple question

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
Starting to get off topic...I never said I didnt have plenty of guns,or that I would give them up,or not use them...all i asked was if anyone else has added more primitive stuff to their stash of weapons.....call it a mental excercise....no need to get all riled up about a simple question
Yes, I have non-firearms as weapons in addition to my firearms. I have a wide variety of weapons and am now experimenting with a "slingbow".

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Didn't mean to seem riled up or whatnot..

If SHTF and for whatever reason, we were not able to obtain and or use guns, I suppose I would turn pretty scrappy. I'd pick up rocks, bricks, chains... virtually anything could be a weapon.

I have always wanted to chug a beer/bottle of whiskey and then break it on a curb or something and brandish the jagged edge. That's probably what I would do. Lord knows I have plenty of those bottles laying around..

Is the wild west primative enough?
edit on 25-6-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I've enjoyed primitive weapons for years. I have a well stocked "arsenal" of several bows (both compound and regular) as well as a great number of arrows. I also have spare bow cord and several very long dow rods to use to make replacement arrows.

I also rely on another form of "primitive weapon"; a good number of very large dogs trained for defensive purposes. All of this is of course backed up with a healthy supply of conventional gun powder based firearms.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
you call that primitive?

I have a hand axe made of stone flint that's at least 5000 years old.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28

I've enjoyed primitive weapons for years. I have a well stocked "arsenal" of several bows (both compound and regular) as well as a great number of arrows. I also have spare bow cord and several very long dow rods to use to make replacement arrows.
I have a crossbow, my accuracy sucks with normal bows. I just do not have the time to practice with them. My slingbow I can use in my backyard.

I also rely on another form of "primitive weapon"; a good number of very large dogs trained for defensive purposes. All of this is of course backed up with a healthy supply of conventional gun powder based firearms.
Dogs can be excellent companions and back up fighters. However, have you considered how you will keep them fed?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
got a few different knives to choose from aswell as a machette. got a .22 rifle and pistol aswell. that does seem to be quite a load to haul around if you have to bug out. i would recomend learning to knap flint , youve got blades,spearheads and arrow heads on tap then also i cant see all the wood dissapearing over night. but at least your prepping , good on you

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have a couple items to help make a few primitive weapons if needed, but not assembled to save space and weight. I can always make a shaft for a spear when I get to a BOL.

I do have a simple, quality Recurve Bow w/ a pair of backup drawstrings. I have used a long bow and recurve bow since I was a kid, I may not be a pro with it but I am efficient. It will surely be a go to weapon for hunting purposes, along w/ the .22. Everything else I have is defensive minded.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

There hunting instincts are still there despite being suppressed by years of domesticated breeding. I would share food off my own plate to keep them alive if they couldn't find prey but I have a great faith in their ability to kill their own food. Its been a part of their training (they are hunting dogs).

A good point nevertheless! Someone with big dogs that never took the time to train them to "rediscover" their hunting instincts would have a lot more of a burden in a SHTF scenario than I do.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Good question...I have two German Shepherds,both are "Family Dogs",protective but not vicious or robots....I have put up 6 50 lbs bags of dry for emergencies,in my food store,especially since I live in Hurricane Country....they have a part in my defensive plan for sure
edit on 6/25/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Plenty of rocks and tree limbs laying around but even more primative I can use my own body also.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have been thinking about a woomera, but would need some practice to be any good at it. Otherwise screwdriver, hammer, wrench or what ever else is at hand.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
I have been thinking about a woomera, but would need some practice to be any good at it. Otherwise screwdriver, hammer, wrench or what ever else is at hand.
Ahh, you mean an atlatl? They are supposed to be excellent weapons. They would also be fairly quiet which is a bonus.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

I think you have made a wise decision, in a SHTF scenario the following may come into play.....
1. Mass production of metal will cease resulting in huge price increases for the most basic items if you can obtain them at all. Existing metal objects that are not protected or cared for will rust and become useless.
2. Many people are either afraid of firearms or morally opposed to them, they would certainly offer something in trade for a hunting or defensive tool.
3. Firearms have a shelf life, ammunition has an even shorter shelf life. Without spare parts, gun smiths and presses your gun collection becomes a set of poorly balanced clubs.
4. Most primitive weapons work well when they are wet, most firearms do not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join