It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that if you ALERT on some post or other,you suddenly wind up with a violation?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I can go weeks without a warning or violation,but if I alert on someone using unsuitable language or other violation,I suddenly wind up with a warning or violation in my messages?....Wonder what agenda the mods are folliwng?....This has happened EVERY single time I filed an ALERT?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
I can go weeks without a warning or violation,but if I alert on someone using unsuitable language or other violation,I suddenly wind up with a warning or violation in my messages?....Wonder what agenda the mods are folliwng?....This has happened EVERY single time I filed an ALERT?

Stop being a snitch? Nobody likes a rat, not even mods lol!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Then remove the ALERT button....either the rules apply o they dont....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What goes around, comes around!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Actually I have no idea other than coincidence. Are your sure the messages are actually against you or "thanking you for your input" which is automatically generated anytime you use one of those functions.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Stop being a snitch? Nobody likes a rat, not even mods lol!Text

LMAO!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Good grief...how many times do you hit that alert button...EVERY single time...how many times is that?

Are you really that offended?

You may want to try a less offensive site...like frontierville on facebook...that might be something you enjoy!

Quit hitting the alert button...I am sure the mods can do their job and I am sure you don't have to police the threads for violations.

That is all...carry on!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

This has happened EVERY single time I filed an ALERT?

You do know you get an automatic PM every time you send an alert, right?

Just bringing it up in case you didn't read it and assumed it was a warning or something.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If you have a genuine complaint about staff action, use the Complaint Form

If you are hitting the alert button, you get an automated message saying something like "thanks, staff will review" (not the exact words). Try reading them - they are not violations against you

Closed.

edit on June 25th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

You may want to try a less offensive site...like frontierville on facebook...that might be something you enjoy!

OMG......please stop......you guys are killing me over here.........

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Also, to just quickly add to the good information GEL provided, this is just due to staff thoroughness.

Often times when a staff member is handling a member alert for a specific post, we will quickly check the context of the conversation to clean up any other problems while we are in the thread.

If a member does not want their posts actioned, please make sure that they adhere to all T&C's and courtesy guidelines.

We're not doing it to 'pick on' the member who submitted the complaint but we will need to remove or action their post as well if they are a part of the problem.

So make sure you are not part of the problem and that your own posts are above reproach and there will be no issue.

top topics

join