It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS ... a Main Stream Media Insider!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I just want to point out that I'm not being a dick. Like I said before, people introduce themselves as the most insane things on here and people tend to eat it up.

Besides, you very well could work for the mainstream media and only being doing this to gain people's trust as a means for writing a book or for purposes of a news special. Users on here tend to be lumped together as if we're all a hive mind and it couldn't be further from the truth. There are skeptics here who do not take the conspiracy "bait" hook, line, and sinker. And wouldn't you know, some of us are actually rational.
edit on 6/26/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The entire "stream" of images are only really a pre-text to the behavioural conditioning and the ongoing "meme" that is being communicated through the television - those that think they are "in on it" will "believe" what is said because the "programmers" know that the human mind is more likely to believe something if the information comes across as if it is a "secret".

On the "next level" it is all a verbal algorithm, and there are actually "two sides" to the "meme" with each group believing that they are on the "winning team" when both sides of the propaganda is propagated by the same source.

If you want to be free, you have to read everything in actuality as subversive speech is one of the signs of a "sheep", trapped in a prison of words, of refined perception, and a maze of denial and suppression of the real world.

I mean, I could tell them all, its the flouride, that crystallises in the pineal gland, that is modulated by external frequencies, that causes a "switch" in perception, to a hive-mind matrix that is operated by beings who are delluded about the true nature of God and the universe.
edit on 26-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Firstly...welcome

After reading to the end of this thread, (and actually 'listening') I would like to say thank you for joining and sharing, I for one, am glad you’re here. I’m fairly positive I wont be the last.

You sound rather sensible to me, and I can imagine some of the stories you would have to share would be extremely interesting. Looking forward to people’s intelligent questions…

My question to you would be, what was the most life changing/standout piece you/your team, covered which affected you indefinitely, either good or bad?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

My question to you would be, what was the most life changing/standout piece you/your team, covered which affected you indefinitely, either good or bad?

I am guessing by your user name that you are in Australia, so you may be unfamiliar with this reference, but most in the US should remember what I'm talking about.

In 1996 there was a little girl reported missing, only to be found dead a few hours later in the family home. She had been strangled and beaten. Her name was Jon Benet Ramsey, and she was a beautiful little girl, 5 or six years old if I remember correctly.
We were one of the first teams on the site, as we were only about 40 miles from the family home. Within 24 hours there were several dozen satellite trucks and hordes of reporters, producers, and photographers. I was working free-lance for one of the national "rag" shows.... A Current Affair, and it really opened my eyes to the absolute disgusting tactics the media would use to get a story. Paying neighbors to talk about the family and then twisting their words to cast suspicion on a certain member of the family. I saw that going on with lots of the teams out there. The sensationalism was really disgusting to me. All the networks have their top notch producers that they fly in from New York or Los Angeles and they are ruthless in getting a story, no matter what.
All of that being said, the reason that it affected me so much was the fact that I had a little girl close to her age, and I was so very sad for the brutal murder of this little girl, and there we were, doing despicable things and profiting from her death. It really bothered me, and still does to this day. May God forgive me,

edit on 26-6-2011 by tvtexan because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
First of all welcome, I have read this entire thread, and unfortunately, threads like this bring out the worst of ATS. For all of you doubters, the man did not come on here making big claims of answers to our questions, he signed up to offer his experience. Some of the folks on here do not have the common sense of a freaking brick.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thank you TVTexas for posting on ATS. Sorry that a lot of people are going to attack you. I certainly hope that you can understand why? People are very angry at our media and with good reason.

I used to be a graphic designer for a newspaper (just for a shot while). Was switching to video production, but now I’m going into Engineering Technology. However, I still make videos from time to time for fun and for other volunteer projects. I would like to ask you some video production questions if you please.

I am going to be the main camera man and editor for a one hr video about propaganda. The person giving the class is a former military officer and instructor on the topic. I have checked out some old time Public domain video on the subject for cut aways for voice overs, but mostly the video will cover the basics of propaganda and logic (buzzwords, red herrings, gobbledygook, etc).

Question 1: How do I go about using video from the TV legally? So far, everyone tells me that I can only use what is public domain. Yet I see all kinds of videos on you tube that use recorded news broadcasts. Are they simply using this footage illegally?

Question 2: Do you plan on helping ATS to make videos or other productions that will get the truth out more?

Question 3: Right now I have a video fluid head tripod, but no dollies or other track systems. I plan on using a lot of after effects graphics and cut aways to old school, public domain, propaganda videos. The video though will seem very dated and not as relevant to today’s news and current propaganda techniques. Should I just make a cheap dolly system and make my own edgy camera scenes of cityscapes, maps, and props to get a more current feel to the video and do away with the dated public domain propaganda clips?

edit on 26-6-2011 by Hot_Wings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I like this thread, you said you would continue about your Uruguay deal.

Please continue!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hey TVTexan,love your honesty and how genuine you are.
I was just talking to my Dad about this kind of stuff,i dont know how these people sleep at night or do the job they do.

I kinda just hope something would happen to wake us all up and snap us out of it...would be nice.

CHeers
edit on 27-6-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
Question 1: How do I go about using video from the TV legally? So far, everyone tells me that I can only use what is public domain. Yet I see all kinds of videos on you tube that use recorded news broadcasts. Are they simply using this footage illegally?
Google "fair use", which you should really be familiar with already as a poster on ATS because it would guide how much material you can use from another source under that exception.

In the case of ATS the interpretation is you can use no more than 15% of the original source as "fair use".

One example on TV was James Fox's UFO special, which appeared on youtube which appeared on an ATS thread. Fox contacted ATS (I think) and ATS removed the link to the video even before it was removed from youtube, which it eventually was. So the youtube of the whole TV special was unacceptable. However, excerpts from the TV show were posted on youtube well within "fair use" limits, and to my knowledge, Fox never said anything about those clips, and they are still on youtube and some ATS threads link to them. He might see those as "teasers" which actually help promote interest in his TV special and might cause some people to buy the DVD.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
reply to post by PhantomLimb

The OP only responds to positive posts. Something tells me that's because he can't back up what he claims.

Well Phantom, I guess you're wrong about that one.

I've been scanning this thread, only reading OP's comments. Because 90% of the rest IS monkey-poo. But that is typical of ATS.

TvTexan - don't bother arguing with monkeys. I'm just sorry this thread degenerated into this within 8 pages instead of us getting more interesting input from you.

Some of what you have said was covered in my intro to journalism class in my freshman year of college. "Papers can't print anything that their advertisers wouldn't like. Always pay attention to who's buying ads". I take it for granted that most people will know this, but I forget this isn't common knowledge. I also read a lot about the yellow journalism of the early 1900s, the media shut-down during the first Gulf War, etc. The history of media is an interesting thing in itself. There's never been a time of free, hardcore investigative journalism in the USA that I know of. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

That's definitely an interesting perspective you have. One that hadn't crossed my mind earlier. Thanks :-)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Thanks Tvtexan for continuing to post & not being fazed by the trolls. I am enjoying your posts (as are many others!), although having to scroll past the idiot posts is tedious....If only there were a way to block them!!!

In the case of Jon Benet,seeing that you had a different perspective from what the public were shown, could you share your suspicions on who was responsible?

PS- I loved the hat!!! (Should be handy also in the cage of flying poo!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

What do you think about 911? inside Job? Like the tin foil hat

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly realize that 9 pages would overwhelm someone even if they were treated nicely on every one of them - I've kept quiet since page 5, but I've read this entire thread (yes, every post) at least three times now.

I have no doubt you work for MSM, why would you lie? to what point and purpose? cause you're writing a book as some accuse? a book on what? wtf is up with that accusation? I don't claim to be anything but I'm writing a book... does that make me less of a person? (just a minor rant there)

Anyway, on pages 1 through 4 (cause I'm at the top of 5) - the following questions were asked - I requested at the time that you answer them - even if you don't know the answer - lots are opinion kind of topics, where I, along with others I'm sure, would simply love to hear your OPINION. So please, I did the work - I put them here in one post for you

When you get a chance, would love to hear about it ♥

oh and before the quotes start - don't forget to explain the Uraguay thing you mentioned earlier

Originally posted by new_here
Why so quiet on Fukishima?

Why so quiet on flooding near Ft. Calhoun and Cooper Plants?

Originally posted by BO XIAN (some question #'s omitted because they were previously answered)
2. What do you expect the MSM to emphasize the next 6 months?

3. What do you expect the MSM to most cover up the next 6 months?

4. What do you expect the MSM to most distort, lie about the next 6 months?

7. What media MSM stars are sold out philosophically to the NWO etc?

9. How long would you guesstimate before the NWO takes overt control?

10. How long would you guesstimate before they implement martial law in the larger cities?

11. How long would you guesstimate before they light off WWIII in a way that results in overt attacks on CONUS by Russia and China?

Originally posted by Dance4Life
What do you think about 9/11 coverage?

What do you think of "Harley Man"?

What do you personally question of 9/11 , if anything?

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
1.Seeing how you worked with the media during the Clinton era is it true during the Yugoslavia conflict there was a wide cover up by all western news well ignoring and not reporting serbian civilians deaths and rapes caused by croatians and Muslims.

2.Do you personally (think) christiane amanpour is hiding some information on what really went down in bosina? because she has always been one sided much like CNN was and is.

3.Why are the major news networks avoiding the issue of Islamic terrorists in bosina?

4.Do you believe there was an undercover agenda in the media during the Yugoslavia conflict?

For Libya if you could answer them.

1.Why are the reporters (not) covering the real reason for the war in libya?

2.Like in Yugoslavia are western reporters in Libya paid to lie in front of cameras?

3.Why are news networks always showing edited footage's out of east libya and not live are they hiding something?

side note: these can be answered very briefly - the goal is not to start debate - just to get a fundamental idea of where your conspiratory mind is coming from - if we want to debate it we can head over to the proper thread for that
edit on 27-6-2011 by Forevever because: ♥

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I want to believe TVTexan, but I am concerned about how many details he has given about himself that if he is who he says he is, someone in the media following this would be able to figure it out. The time frame he was in Colorado, Waco, OJ, the Hurricane Andrew coverage, now residing and working in Texas (Houston?) for a media outlet that also publishes two magazines. Hopefully some of this is to mislead a possible nosey coworker and the gist of what he says is true. Because if it is all true then he's laid a paper trail right to himself.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by notonsamepage
I think this is a hoax

He is playing with us with his fancy writing, don't get fooled!

Okey, if this isn't any kind of a joke do you have any juicy to tell us?

nothing?

didn't think so..

I am not being a prick am I ?

If I told everyone that I work for NASA with a bad gramma no one would believe me

So have fun behindtellyman.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I don't understand why anyone cares if he really works for MSM or not - why is it even debatable?

If he's lying, so what, I still want his opinion as an ATS member on those questions.

Like I said before, to what point and purpose would someone lie about it? Hell the way half of you are acting I wouldn't even want you to know if I was in the MSM.

Its not like this isn't a public forum.

I was reading it for a good couple of months before I signed up. You're not hiding anything.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by tvtexan

The question. Many members here believe that conspiracy sites such as this one are infiltrated by MSM agents that distort the info and derail topics with intentions to mis-inform and dis-inform...

What's your take on that?

After re-reading my reply to your OP, I just realized that you might have thought that I was suggesting that you are an agent infiltrating ATS. My apologies if this is the case. It is not.

That question is in general, as you are in the MSM field, perhaps you do know things about this.

Also, once you hit 200 posts (which I think will happen pretty fast in your case), you will have access to Really Above Top Secret or R.A.T.S. which is a forum board where Google and search engines have no teeth. An excellent board where one can divulge more touchy info without being scrutinized all over the net.

Looking forward to an answer to my question. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thank you Sonofthesun (great name by the way) - you almost answered my above question of why do people care if he's lying.

If they're afraid he's going to spread disinfo, I think its kind of ridiculous. Anyone can spread disinfo, they don't have to work for the MSM.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

I think people tend to think of cover ups and conspiracies in these over-simplified ways - as if a reporter is given directions to cover up a conspiracy - haha, it doesn't go like that. There are agendas why high up that are then put into place with normal, typical means ... like ratings, as you say.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join