It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS ... a Main Stream Media Insider!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Welcome to you TVTexan !!

Hope you will enjoy ATS as much as we do !

I do have a question.

I honestly do not know if you are legit or not. While I enjoyed reading your opening post, I haven't got a clue if you have any personal agenda behind joining here and I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt before jumping into hasty conclusions.

The question. Many members here believe that conspiracy sites such as this one are infiltrated by MSM agents that distort the info and derail topics with intentions to mis-inform and dis-inform...

What's your take on that?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yes, this for me is definitely one of my favorite introductions. Most of us have joined ATS because we as people feel like we need to look elsewhere for the truth rather than believe every word we hear from MSM, but for a person who actually has worked for the MSM to come onto ATS and introduce themselves, man, I am really looking forward for your input, personal knowledge, and opinion of topics that we discuss here on ATS. So far I have only read 2 pages of replies so forgive me if I am asking the same questions as anyone else but I plan on reading the other pages here after this reply. I do have my first question for you----

What made you come on here and join our family? Is there a particular recent event that has driven you to the point where you feel you need to disclose, or in most of our cases further prove for us that there are conspiracies within the MSM? I'm curious exactly to what event/s have driven you to come out in the open like this if any
I have my own theories but instead of speculating, I thought I'd ask you myself.

Once again, I thank you and welcome you with open arms. And I looked into your mood because I didn't know the definition of the word "redacted" and so I googled it and found the definition for anyone else who didn't know what it meant. Interesting. Here is the definition... www.merriam-webster.com...

Peace,
Marriah

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
Welcome to ATS.

I suppose you'll be looking to create your own internet-show thingy.

To the general population here; LOL @ business insiders coming onto ATS by the "truckloads". Am I seeing a pattern here?

Maybe these people are just sick of lying to fellow citizens while getting a paycheck for doing it, maybe there has been an increase in BS within the MSM, dunno for sure that's just one of my theories.

Peace,
Marriah

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
dantanna FYI many people make tin foil hats seems you don't have a sense of humor about it.

It is nice to have two members here dealing with news one in print one in the MSM (probably more but they don't speak out)

I would think you should know it's all about ratings and money "you know" kinda common sense stuff.

For myself I love to watch Fox news it makes me think if they are covering this for so long what is the other hand doing so to say. I like to observe the other hand.

I ask an opinion here from tvtexan:

Years ago the Government wanted to drill for oil right here in the USA ...Alaska etc. but there was such a stink by many "save the land for wildlife etc." Now with all the CHAOS that is being created in all these Countries and the way they again raised oil prices do you think this is just another revamp by the government to get the people to more or less get the US citizens to beg them to dig for oil right here.

Just sounds like the same old trick tweeked a bit....what are your thoughts

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hi and welcome especially if you are who you say you are. Personally I am a CIA insider, alien, fundamentalist christian from Venus. I could tell you all sorts of interesting stories about my life as a CIA insider, alien, fundamentalist christian but I wont because I can't prove that I am who I say I am.

Can you?

PS: I'm not really a CIA insider, alien, fundamentalist christian from Venus......or am I?

PPS: If I were making money off a business like ATS I'd love to have a media insider delivering the goods to my audience. It would be tempting to create or hire one.

edit on 26-6-2011 by AusiAnarchist because: O.o just saying.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS and please don't be discouraged by some weird replies here; those who don't appreciate your presence will eventually get bored and go away to rip apart another thread. I am interested in whatever you have to say, and I believe I'm not the only one.

People, chill out a bit; he didn't ask you to vote him the next president of ATS, nor he stated that he'll be your next savior. Just a well educated guy who posses more information than most of us in a very important field, and he's willing to share it here. Nothing to debunk; instead of throwing rude replies at him, better think about some smart questions so you can judge by his answers, but so far he didn't gave you any reasons to attack him. Reactions like that make me think we kind of deserve the way the media treat us; some people only seek sensation and gossips.

Peace and patience

edit on 26-6-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

Thanks WhiteHat!

I've got to be honest, I am regretting ever introducing myself. I can't believe some of the things people have posted in response to my thread. I feel like I walked into a monkey cage, where all the monkeys are just screaming and flinging poo at each other.

I want to respond to everyone, but it's a little overwhelming right now, and I don't have the time to sit here all day and defend myself against all the turd flingers.

Is there a reply to all button somewhere?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Welcome, if your telling the truth, I bet you had fun when the Saints won the the SB.

That was epic! Bourbon street was unreal. But anyways, functional crazy is like must around here for some.

Have fun and wear the hat.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Don't try to respond to everyone, it's to hard to do especially when you have a intro like that, your asking for it. Do what you can bro, and don't try to impress anyone, I come here for the truth and I have some mainstream experience myself, current too, but I don't go there on here.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Aboslutely wonderful ! I`m curious if you have noticed in recent years that many of the anchore people seem to be, well... to put it simply of less IQ and morality than when you first entered the indutry ?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Texan: Thank you for your candor, wit and insight. This thread, via your introduction, was a pleasure at first sight. Your effort to enlighten is much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

perfect analogy , you seem pretty legit to me , certain details you mention and the fact that you don't sensationalize these details gives you strong cred , hopefuly because your just a drone you`ll still have a job come Monday . If not perhasp you`l land a nice job at a station in Urauguay

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this - I'll have to read through later. I worked at a paid newswire (like PRN or Businesswire) - where they send out press releases - OP will be familiar with them.

And I was always amazed (and dismayed!) at the degree to which the media re-prints press releases verbatim, and how much of the 'news' even comes from a press release.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by tvtexan

If so, at what point in time do you feel journalistic integrity flew out the window?

Walter Cronkite was the first reporter to inject personal opinion into news.

Following quote from Cronkite is the exact moment in which news media became biased:

We have been too often disappointed by the optimism of the American leaders, both in Vietnam and Washington, to have faith any longer in the silver linings they find in the darkest clouds. They may be right, that Hanoi's winter-spring offensive has been forced by the Communist realization that they could not win the longer war of attrition, and that the Communists hope that any success in the offensive will improve their position for eventual negotiations. It would improve their position, and it would also require our realization, that we should have had all along, that any negotiations must be that -- negotiations, not the dictation of peace terms. For it seems now more certain than ever that the bloody experience of Vietnam is to end in a stalemate. This summer's almost certain standoff will either end in real give-and-take negotiations or terrible escalation; and for every means we have to escalate, the enemy can match us, and that applies to invasion of the North, the use of nuclear weapons, or the mere commitment of one hundred, or two hundred, or three hundred thousand more American troops to the battle. And with each escalation, the world comes closer to the brink of cosmic disaster.

To say that we are closer to victory today is to believe, in the face of the evidence, the optimists who have been wrong in the past. To suggest we are on the edge of defeat is to yield to unreasonable pessimism. To say that we are mired in stalemate seems the only realistic, yet unsatisfactory, conclusion. On the off chance that military and political analysts are right, in the next few months we must test the enemy's intentions, in case this is indeed his last big gasp before negotiations. But it is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors, but as an honorable people who lived up to their pledge to defend democracy, and did the best they could.[32]

Cronkite used his status in the news industry to do a critique on Vietnam and President Lyndon Johnson. Even though Cronkite was being honest, the folks that followed his approached realized they can get away with 'spin'.

If you compare Cronkite's approach to Brian Williams, you will notice a very big difference in reporting style. While Cronkite realized the importance in questioning 'all authority', the new approach from Fox and MSNBC is to not question those whom in which you are loyal. Cronkite opened the door for 'questioning authority', and everyone else twisted the approach for political gain.

Link to source: Walter Cronkite

edit on 6/26/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330
Yes, this for me is definitely one of my favorite introductions. Most of us have joined ATS because we as people feel like we need to look elsewhere for the truth rather than believe every word we hear from MSM, but for a person who actually has worked for the MSM to come onto ATS and introduce themselves, man, I am really looking forward for your input, personal knowledge, and opinion of topics that we discuss here on ATS. So far I have only read 2 pages of replies so forgive me if I am asking the same questions as anyone else but I plan on reading the other pages here after this reply. I do have my first question for you----

What made you come on here and join our family? Is there a particular recent event that has driven you to the point where you feel you need to disclose, or in most of our cases further prove for us that there are conspiracies within the MSM? I'm curious exactly to what event/s have driven you to come out in the open like this if any
I have my own theories but instead of speculating, I thought I'd ask you myself.

Once again, I thank you and welcome you with open arms. And I looked into your mood because I didn't know the definition of the word "redacted" and so I googled it and found the definition for anyone else who didn't know what it meant. Interesting. Here is the definition... www.merriam-webster.com...

Peace,
Marriah

I have the same questions as Marriah. What led you to ATS? Was there an event or "assignment" that pushed you here? It seems that "Conspiracy Theorist" has entered our collective vocabulary within recent years and many news outlets are capitalizing on the ideas. Is this an assignment for you or an interest?

Welcome to ATS..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Question:
Why is the MSM so blatantly pro-Obama and why do you guys give him so many passes on stuff that would not be allowed of a Repub president?

Question:
Are you not embarrassed of the MSM's shameful left leaning ways?

Question:
Do you sometimes roll your eyes at the blatant partisanship in the way the MSM "delivers" the news? all that left spin on it?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
tvtexan,

where have woodward and bernstein gone ?

is there a deliberate attempt to keep true investigative journalism down ?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! looking forward to seeing some of your topics in the future, this could be interesting

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Welcome MSM Insider, I believe you are legitimate and sincere, and I hope certain mean barbs won't make you bail and not contribute. Many posts here I see, have raised --- excellent --- questions and comments.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Welcome. I had a nice read.

This is why people on ATS are the way they are.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread720111/pg1

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join