It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS ... a Main Stream Media Insider!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

The man you say you temped for is Ronald Stern, Chairman and CEO of FP Newspapers Inc., owner of the Winnipeg Free Press and the Brandon Sun.

I found this out using the information you presented in your earlier post.

Just interesting to me, that it was the investment firm that did the firing of the editor.

The investment firm is (or rather was) a trust that owns newspapers. Therefore it was perfectly in order for Mr. Stern to fire that editor. Who else is going to fire an editor but the chairman of the body that owns the newspaper?

In many countries, creating an ownership trust is a way to avoid paying corporate income tax and not divulge too much about a firm’s ownership structure and internal accounting. It is quite common; for example, the furniture giant IKEA is owned by a family trust. It’s frowned upon by investors and the authorities but it is not illegal and no wrongdoing is involved.

Incidentally, FP Newspapers changed its ownership structure in 2010 and is now an ordinary corporation.

Tvtexan’s question about why you don’t see stories about links between the media and finance industries is easily answered. Basically, there’s no story – it’s all public information, available to anyone. Besides, it would take a hell of a lot of research to make the connexions, and journalists have deadlines to meet.

By the way, seeker11, you have contravened no NDA or other document you signed by sharing this information. It is not illegal to tell people who you work for and what they do in such general terms as you have provided.

edit on 30/6/11 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I appreciate you answering my question.

It's interesting you've seen/heard of phone calls to air stories about the Bilderbergers, yet not even a whisper about a story being run on them.

Which reminds of me of a quote from David Rockefeller: “We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the light of publicity during those years. But now the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supra-national sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries.”

Most of us informed ATS members are well-aware of most of the information you have provided, but it's always good to get confirmation from someone who's been in the trenches. Maybe you will someday reveal information that the we have not yet been privy too, and that is what I think a lot of the more immature and impatient members are demanding right off the bat.

Go at your own pace, and enjoy your time here at ATS!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance immature and impatient
You're half right. Time is of the essence.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thanks Astyanax. I wasn't sure what exactly I could say. Haha.

As for the firing I am aware that it was a perfectly normal thing to happen seeing as they own the company. HOWEVER it is interesting to see just how far the reach goes in terms of everything else they have their hands in. I know in 2010 Stern Partners was bidding on a Philedelphia newspaper too. I would say seeing how many councils and boards Ron is on that he probably some pretty decent connections. Very polite man though, I very much enjoyed the job. Oddly enough I had just discovered ATS back then and spent most of my work time (because there was literally nothing for me to do but mail, answers phones sometimes, and bring coffee and cookies for guests at conferences) browsing ATS. Go figure. hehe.

ETA thanks for the clarification on stuff

edit on 30-6-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Everyone in every corner of the world speaks about how they are being lied to and used by the ones in power. The government, the media, the owners of businesses and banks, are all ridiculed and scorned by the majority of the citizenry. Every nation on earth is filled with discontent and a loathing of the times that we live in. The aged speak to the youth that we are going to repeat the errors of the past. The middle-aged speak to the young about what dire events are thought will happen in the near future. The young sleep with nightmares and dread over the very next days of their lives.

But all the while the rich, the powerful, and those in control of business and government plot and scheme ever more towards the next goal left to achieve. Every day they lie to themselves about how their evil deeds will be vindicated and cheered upon by their peers when the goals that they have long sought for are finally achieved. Then the diabolical victory celebrations ensue wherein the slaves they have chosen to consort with or abuse for twisted pleasures and satanic rituals of rights of power and success are either mutilated and murdered or left broken and unable to speak. They torture others in the physical representations of the ultimate power that they thusly must attempt to convince themselves that they have achieved (The Franklin Coverup).

Meanwhile the average disgruntled masses awake to a new day and find only the news of singular violent crimes of neighbor against neighbor on the front page of their local wrappers. The idiot box talking heads speak only about matters abroad that they claim must gain our constant support and attention for reasons never truly specified and always emotional and rather meaningless like the necessity of obtaining freedom and democracy for our former enemies, terms both defined only by whatever dictatorship decides them.

But the dawn for the rich owners of business and politics is different. They awake to the calls of belittled servants and arrogantly scan the news looking for who has not towed the line during the night and let slip the truth of dire matters or evil deeds. What slaves have gone astray and decided to bite the hands that feed them? What mutterings from servants have escaped the totalitarian media system and wrongly mentioned of important matters which the citizenry has right to know about. Daily the lists are made of who makes themselves known to be the enemies of power and control. Those worthless do-gooders who always seem to crop up and attempt to inform the public of the true pressing matters of state and business, it is their news that money and power look for in the morning. The slaves who think that they have the will and determination to rise up and speak the truth are the only enemies left of money and power and they are laughed at because it is known all too well that these do-gooders have not the stomach or willpower to go further than simply telling their tale. No one has the intelligence or willpower to rise up and seize the reigns of control over money and power, or so those who have money and power wrongly believe.

Until, the day comes when the quiet decide no longer to rest and the people begin to feel the stings and burdens of false leadership and fraudulent promises. Then, a man rises who speaks the forceful truth and quickly he gains followers. He wastes no time in trying to educate those who still choose to remain asleep. Instead, he and his new followers quickly create the businesses and jobs needed to support their own army of a party. They launch their own papers and news sites with the funds received from their highly competitive new business ventures. They write their own books and pamphlets and sell them for pennies on the dollar or give them away as a testament to their commitments and leadership goals. They present themselves to speak to their brethren and choose not to pander to the doctoral educators or prominent businessmen of the season. They form their own corporations and political parties and they gather behind the one thing that they have that money and power has always attempted to destroy. They gather behind a true forceful and committed leader that is not afraid to act quickly, decisively, and boldly to destroy evil where he finds it, corruption where it attempts to flee, and profit taking in which the people suffer. It is then that the Napoleon of the nation presents himself in full dress to the world.

The folly of money and power is in their foolishness of history and their lack of faith in God. For they strive to create the many systems of power and control only to have those same systems stolen from them by others who are truly committed to higher ideals than simply profit and power. Those of money and power are the ones who foolishly create the perfect set of circumstances which enable the Hitlers and Napoleons to rise up and steal from them that which they perceive is only theirs, power and control. For it is in God’s realm that money and power reside and in worshiping money instead of God, God allows their systems of control to slip from their grasp and fall directly and completely into the hands of dictators to the ruin of all for the settling of evil accounts long overdue and the justice that an indifferent and slothful public has earned.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Hot_Wings because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2011 by Hot_Wings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by gentledissident

Okay. So you’ve been a victim of conspiracies all your life. Even your parents conspired against you.

Why do you think this was? Is there something special about you, or is everyone’s life like this?

I'm going to conclude that it's because I'm not a sociopath. I'm also going to conclude that many people acquired high positions and great wealth because they are. I don't know if this is the answer you were guiding me to, but it works for me. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

Most of us informed ATS members are well-aware of most of the information you have provided, but it's always good to get confirmation from someone who's been in the trenches. Maybe you will someday reveal information that the we have not yet been privy too, and that is what I think a lot of the more immature and impatient members are demanding right off the bat.

I'll be honest, I wish I could go back in time and re-write my Intoduction post.
I should have said..."My name is Bob, and I'm new here.... Wait!.... Where is that banjo music coming from????"
If you don't know that reference, just google "squeal like a pig"

Immature and impatient members? I have 3 teenagers! HAAA, HAAA, HAAA .... ATS is easy, it doesn't require clothes, cars, or cash! (plus ATS is always home on time!)

*EDIT* - I'm sorry if any of you actually googled "squeal like a pig"
edit on 1-7-2011 by tvtexan because: Not responsible for youtube videos.

edit on 1-7-2011 by tvtexan because: spelling

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I liked and agreed with your entire post Hot_Wings,except for the last paragraph...you had to bring god into it didnt you lol, ahh well still a good post.

"My name is Bob, and I'm new here.... Wait!.... Where is that banjo music coming from????"

Deliverance? lmao.

Cheers
edit on 1-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

It's interesting you've seen/heard of phone calls to air stories about the Bilderbergers, yet not even a whisper about a story being run on them.

‘Not even a whisper’ is a bit of an exaggeration.

Our man at Bilderberg: in pursuit of the world's most powerful cabal

Bilderberg 2010: Plutocracy with palm trees

Bilderberg 2011: Lord Mandelson's nature walk

Bilderberg 2011: The opposition steps up

Found in thirty seconds and all from the same newspaper: no yellow conspiracy rage, either, but one of the most, if not the most respected of the great British broadsheets.

I bet you could find plenty too, if you tried.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Wow, that is some hard hitting investigative journalism. Bilderberg has been exposed!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I understand your lack of desire to post specifics, but you did mention some high profile cases that you have worked on.

Can you post on some specific instances of manipulation regarding those cases that you have already mentioned?

I dont recall reading about specifics, only generalities. Specifics might alert us to any red flags in stories we read.
edit on 1-7-2011 by LHP666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I have researched the Bilderberg Group as can anyone with a simple Google search. I was referring to the particular newsroom that TVTexan worked for.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am grateful to the OP for this thread. It is interesting, entertaining, and informative. But not because of the information he is 'giving' us, but because it highlights how many people think the "MSM" is full of people willingly and knowingly contributing to a specific agenda, instead of just being cogs in a larger system.

That's the thign about the "MSM'. The people employed within that industry are not all prepped on how to lie to the public in favor of a specific agenda. They are just doing their jobs, often unquestioningly. This is what the OP is showing us
. But some here seem intent upon believing that being a member of the "MSM' means they all have insight into the satanic rituals between the Clintons and the Queen or something.

Wake up people. The info being offered here is to show you how pedestrian and benign most of these mechanisms are in practice. The MSM is made up of the same people you meet anywhere-non-thinking drones incapable of critical thought. Much like some on ATS.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Just quickly - a warm welcome and............. I have got to make me one of those!! Love the tinfoil cow"girl" hat ' ).

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LHP666
reply to post by tvtexan

I understand your lack of desire to post specifics, but you did mention some high profile cases that you have worked on.

Can you post on some specific instances of manipulation regarding those cases that you have already mentioned?

I dont recall reading about specifics, only generalities. Specifics might alert us to any red flags in stories we read.
edit on 1-7-2011 by LHP666 because: (no reason given)

he has. He mentioned the child model case. Jean benoit ramsey? Maybe you should read the thread again?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

The lack of legitimate news is behind this thread, so what do you mean “getting back on topic”

Should we continue to indulge in vanity [patting the guy on the back and thanking him over and over] and petty bickering rather than cover the particular issues involved in the MSM’s cover-ups and neglect?

And how do you presume I am anti-semetic just because I dare criticize Israel.

Your answers to my post are very thin and without substance and it seems it is you who want to perpetuate bs, rather than deal with real issues

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Why would a regional news outlet in Texas investigate the Bilderberg group?

Besides, it’s news to at least some of ATS’s eager conspiracy hounds that Bilderberg is not a secret:

Originally posted by gentledissident

Wow, that is some hard hitting investigative journalism. Bilderberg has been exposed!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

he has. He mentioned the child model case. Jean benoit ramsey? Maybe you should read the thread again?

There's a difference between 'mentioning' something and giving specifics.

Maybe you should read my post again.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join