It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS ... a Main Stream Media Insider!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wow i regret even looking at this thread, now seeing what its turned into.I cant believe the way some people react and treat newcomers to a forum like this.I dont want to but im going to say something.

Gentledissident,Firstly, what exactly gives you the right to demand information like that, we dont even get simple information from our politions, yet you expect someone that has came on this forums to spill everything they know, are you stupid, like really?

Secondly, i dont care who or what you are,statements like this :

If you can't tell us what you know anonymously, you are one of THEM.

I know you.

Now, ATS knows you.

Are just bloody stupid.

Does this forum even have mods who check out the threads or what,jeez.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by gentledissident

I've been victim of conspiracies in my life.

How many times has this happened to you?
Wow, now that I think about it, it's been going on all my life. My parents even conspired against me. I'm kind of overwhelmed right now with the mental onslaught of conspiracies against me flooding from my memories. The abuse stopped when I stopped letting people into my life.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

Someone comes here and claims to be an MSM insider racked with guilt due to cover ups and has a lot to get off his chest. That person will only answer softball questions. That person then says he will not divulge what MSN has been hiding. I don't know what his motive is, but he's not helping ATS in any way. He's only shifting and adding to the confusion.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Someone comes here and claims to be an MSM insider racked with guilt due to cover ups and has a lot to get off his chest. That person will only answer softball questions. That person then says he will not divulge what MSN has been hiding. I don't know what his motive is, but he's not helping ATS in any way. He's only shifting and adding to the confusion.

Thats fair enough,i just think you should of said something like that rather than your other comments.
Maybe like alot of other things, give it time and just be patient, if he has nothing useful to say, he wont say it, if he does, he will,but in his own time.Hes entitled to be a normal forum user like the rest of us and not get some sort of instant "celebrity status" because he created a thread stating he has worked in the MSM and has seen or knows some things we might be interested in.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. It is interesting to know how much control is exerted over the media. As for the discussion about print media. I was working as a temp for an investment firm about 3 years ago. Anyhow, the guy running the show was loaded beyond anything I had ever been around before. Older gentlemen very professional, polite but very much kept to himself I would say EXTREMELY private man.

His company

owns a controlling interest in the Winnipeg Free Press and the Brandon Sun and seven community newspapers. It also owns two paper mills, a packaging firm, an apparel-maker and a garden-products company, according to its website.

Anyhow a top editor for the Winnipeg free press was flown into his office one day and the company fired him. Just interesting to me, that it was the investment firm that did the firing of the editor,...maybe he wrote the wrong story that day?

edit on 30-6-2011 by seeker11 because: fixed an error

edit on 30-6-2011 by seeker11 because: removed link. i may have signed some sort of confidentiality agreement about working there. just a bit paranoid. silly I know.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Just interesting to me, that it was the investment firm that did the firing of the editor,...maybe he wrote the wrong story that day?

Hmm that is interesting,does say quite alot about the way things work these days.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
These negative responses aimed at TVTexan is exactly what is currently wrong with the ATS community, and proves a few bad apples can spoil the bunch.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be skeptical, but it's the WAY some of you go about it. I don't need to name names, we all know who they are. You come off as rude, ignorant, and quite immature, and as someone put it, really need to leave your mom's basement.

This type of childish behavior discourages other potential whistle-blowers lurking ATS, feeling it out.

Nothing wrong with politely asking questions, but the way some of you are doing it is ridiculous.

Welcome to ATS, TVTexan!

I have one, simple question.

Have you ever heard the Bilderberg Group mentioned in the newsroom? If so, please explain.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance Have you ever heard the Bilderberg Group mentioned in the newsroom? If so, please explain.
He has stated he won't name names.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well put Societalgnorance, i wish there was more people like you, or would become more like you.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
Well put Societalgnorance, i wish there was more people like you, or would become more like you.

Cheers

In all fairness to other members...I really think only a handful really gave him a hard time. if you look back at all the posts on this thread you will clearly see that the majority supported him,and warmly welcomed him....so in essence..there were a lot more like socitalgnorance than you mentioned.

Why blame all of AS members for the actions of a few?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

In all fairness to other members...I really think only a handful really gave him a hard time. if you look back at all the posts on this thread you will clearly see that the majority supported him,and warmly welcomed him....so in essence..there were a lot more like socitalgnorance than you mentioned. Why blame all of AS members for the actions of a few?

Wait...when and where did i blame any ATS users for anything? can you show me,i would be interested to see it Gabby2011,so i can say sorry, i guess...?

I said some things to Gentledissident,but didnt blame all ATS users for some or any reason.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Okay. So you’ve been a victim of conspiracies all your life. Even your parents conspired against you.

Why do you think this was? Is there something special about you, or is everyone’s life like this?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

Wow i regret even looking at this thread, now seeing what its turned into.I cant believe the way some people react and treat newcomers to a forum like this.I dont want to but im going to say something.

I most likely mistook this as meaning more than you meant. Some is not most,so I apologize. There were a lot of people in agreement with you, and I think tvtexan understands the views of a few are not the views of the majority.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

Have you ever heard the Bilderberg Group mentioned in the newsroom? If so, please explain.

Yes I have, several times. Mostly from phone calls, emails, or faxes (yes, I did say faxes) sent in from concerned viewers or groups that think we should cover that story. I've never heard or seen even a whisper of a possible story being run.

All conspiracies aside, news is meant to be informative, topical, and interesting to the public, whether it's true or not. The fact of the matter is that an annual overseas meeting, consisting of mostly white "Elite" power brokers, that doesn't allow cameras inside is a pretty dull story for the general public. What is there to report? I'd bet that over 95% of the world's population would give you a blank stare if you asked them if they knew the term "Bilderberg Group." So for those reasons alone you will probably never hear a story about them on the MSM. No disrespect to the work of Geraldo Rivera!

All of that being said.... we are on ATS, and since I can hear the itching fingers of all the respondents, I will throw you some "Softball" answers as to why this doesn't get covered.

Almost every TV station in a major market in the US is owned by a large corporation. (some are VERY large!) You have the O&Os' (owned and operated by the networks like ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX), and then you have the group owners like Tribune, Univision, Ellis, Scripps, Belo, Liberman, Pappas, and Post-Newsweek. (just to name a few)
Who owns these companies? Which banks hold the majority of the billions of debt these companies have on the books? Who sits on the Board of Directors of these companies? Which board members serve on the boards of the banks, AND the media companies? Which board members serve on ALL the aforementioned boards, AND are also invited to the Bilderberg meetings? The answers to those questions, while almost are available publicly, would certainly make for a great investigative story on the 11 o'clock news! Have you seen a story like that?

I’m really trying to help you all out here on ATS, and maybe I am just providing “Softball” answers, as some see them. I’m just trying to be careful right now & I’m feeling my way around.

Hope I somewhat answered your question.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan

Almost every TV station in a major market in the US is owned by a large corporation. (some are VERY large!) You have the O&Os' (owned and operated by the networks like ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX), and then you have the group owners like Tribune, Univision, Ellis, Scripps, Belo, Liberman, Pappas, and Post-Newsweek. (just to name a few)
Who owns these companies? Which banks hold the majority of the billions of debt these companies have on the books? Who sits on the Board of Directors of these companies? Which board members serve on the boards of the banks, AND the media companies? Which board members serve on ALL the aforementioned boards, AND are also invited to the Bilderberg meetings? The answers to those questions, while almost are available publicly, would certainly make for a great investigative story on the 11 o'clock news! Have you seen a story like that?

The owner of the investment firm I temped for who is the president and chief executive officer of major newspaper in canada here is a few of his credentials just to give people an idea of how interconnected these people really are.

has been a Director of FPGP administrator of FP Newspapers Income Fund since November 23, 2001 and also serves as the Chairman of the Board and a Director of FP Canadian Newspapers Limited Partnership. He was the Director of Kinrot Ventures and Vancouver International Airport Authority. serves, or has served, on a variety of corporate and community Boards, including the Vancouver East Cultural Centre, the Vancouver General Hospital and University of British Columbia Hospital Foundation, the Vancouver Symphony Society, the Canadian Council for Israel and Jewish Advocacy, and Science World British Columbia. holds an L.L.B. degree.

currently a lead investor in separate operating entities involved in the manufacturing, distribution, apparel, retailing, publishing/printing, packaging, and real estate sectors. These independent companies generate revenues in excess of $1 billion and employ several thousand people across North America.

Also has investments in:

Manufacturing Paper Alberta Newsprint Company West Linn Paper Company Apparel Western Glove Works Packaging Flexstar Packaging Inc. Horticultural Products Greenstar Plant Products Inc. Terralink Horticulture Inc. Publishing & Printing Newspaper Publishing FP Newspapers Income Fund Canstar Publications Limited Printing Westkey Graphics Ltd. Distribution National Energy Equipment Inc. Greenstar Plant Products Inc. Retailing Warehouse One Clothing Ltd. Urban Barn Ltd. Real Estate Parian Capital Ltd.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

In all fairness to other members...I really think only a handful really gave him a hard time. if you look back at all the posts on this thread you will clearly see that the majority supported him,and warmly welcomed him....so in essence..there were a lot more like socitalgnorance than you mentioned.

You are right about that statement.
There was only a handful... but a handflul of mouse turds in your oatmeal would probably discourage you from eating the whole bowl. Someone might tell you "it's ok!, just pick out the mouse turds!"...but would you really finish eating the whole bowl?

That may seem over simplified, but I think the point is valid.

Maybe Rabbit turds and Coco-Puffs would be easier to stomach, at least you might not see them.
I don't think some here could tell the difference anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Speaking of Bilderbergers, it seems to me that the fact that they don’t ever really substantially report on the annual meeting is proof that they have intimidated the main stream press to avoid it.

IMO the worst crime of the MSM was their acquiescence to the Iraq war. They no longer challenge the president’s or congress’ actions as they did somewhat during the Watergate era.

Here is a list of some of the major failings of the MSM:

Lack of reportage of the Bilderbergers meetings and what they mean

Lack of coverage of the Federal reserve system

Lack of coverage of the JFK assassination. All mainstream documentaries of the JFK murder are blatant misinformation.

Lack of coverage of the Israeli governments crimes

Lack of coverage of 911 truther issues

Lack of coverage of the lies in the Iraq war

These are just some there are many more.

edit on 30-6-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

The owner of the investment firm I temped for who is the president and chief executive officer of major newspaper in canada here is a few of his credentials just to give people an idea of how interconnected these people really are.

Wait... We here on ATS need copies of all the board resolutions, memos, and pics of board members worshiping Satan before we believe what you just stated!

Just kidding.

I think you should start a "Secretaries Confessions" thread! Although I don't think anyone would really believe you. I believe you, and there are many more out there that have seen what you've seen.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
reply to post by seeker11

Wait... We here on ATS need copies of all the board resolutions, memos, and pics of board members worshiping Satan before we believe what you just stated!

Just kidding.

I think you should start a "Secretaries Confessions" thread! Although I don't think anyone would really believe you. I believe you, and there are many more out there that have seen what you've seen.

Thanks for believing me.
If people want to do their own search with that info they can find the company I'm speaking of easily, I'm sure.

It was 3 years ago, and I can't remember if I signed a confidentiality agreement before working there, so I'm hesitant to release names. I only worked there for the summer, however I was always struck by the memory of the one of the top editors for the paper being flown in and fired right in the conference room beside me.

I didn't realize it then but later when I checked into everything that company had their hands in I was surprised that is for sure.

Oh and just to clarify no satan worshiping there haha. The owner was a very quite, professional extremely private man, with LOADS of money. I was just a lowly temp who needed the 13 an hour job to pay for school.
I was simply the receptionist, the phone only rang on average 2-3 times a day and every call for the owner was immediately directed to his personal secretary (who was also just an average very nice woman) who would then see if he would take the call.

I also went to school for Television Broadcasting so I know how contrived simply from the behind the scenes camera man/woman and editing stories really are. I will never forget my disappointment when I worked on some of my first news stories (for college) at just how contrived things are and how easy it is to completely edit out of context a persons words to suit a particular agenda.
edit on 30-6-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Speaking of Bilderbergers, it seems to me that the fact that they don’t ever really substantially report on the annual meeting is proof that they have intimidated the main stream press to avoid it.

IMO the worst crime of the MSM was their acquiescence to the Iraq war. They no longer challenge the president’s or congress’ actions as they did somewhat during the Watergate era.

Here is a list of some of the major failings of the MSM:

Lack of reportage of the Bilderbergers meetings and what they mean

Lack of coverage of the Federal reserve system

Lack of coverage of the JFK assassination. All mainstream documentaries of the JFK murder are blatant misinformation.

Lack of coverage of the Israeli governments crimes

Lack of coverage of 911 truther issues

Lack of coverage of the lies in the Iraq war

These are just some there are many more.

edit on 30-6-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

Pretty sure the answer was given. The majority of people wouldn't know who they are let alone want coverage of a meeting.

How do we know for sure that illegal or immoral things go on in there anyway?

Federal Reserve.....would that be like the NASDAQ news in the business sections of newspapers and 24 hour rolling news channels? Dedicated channels to business? Could look there.

Why cover the JFK assassination? We have shows that cover it but other than a few differences in tiny things, even I'm beginning to think that there is no conspiracy in there other than......why kill him? But we'd never be privy to the kind of information Kennedy knew so it'd never be brought up.

Israeli government crimes? Is this an anti-semitic thing again like the norm on ATS where terrorists are cheered because of an anti-Israel stance or what? And if so, why not ask about the US government crimes, I'm sure there are more than you'll find in Israel that happened.

Lack of 9/11 Truther issues? So you want other theorists who don't believe in that to look even more insane than people think already only to be told that actually, the official story is just that? The actual story of what happened?

Lies in the Iraq war.....which ones? Need to be specific, there were plenty but I'm sure none of them even matter compared to the atrocities that Saddam and his sons committed during their decades of dictatorial power. Such as intentionally gassing thousands of Iraqis, having people tortured and killed for disagreeing with the leadership, murdering the captain of the national soccer team for losing a match plus plenty more.

Anyway, back on topic, welcome to ATS (sorry, I'm a little late) and thanks for the thread. I always wondered whether to try and get into the BBC before I realised they were biased to issues and political parties I don't agree with.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join