It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Protest Of The Cliche "Jump The Shark," This Shark Decides To Jump The Surfer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ever caught a shark? Jacob Langston did last week. But he had no idea until he left the beach.

The Orlando Sentinel photographer was taking some video of a surfer off New Smyrna Beach in Florida when he heard another surfer scream, "Dude! Did you see that?"

Langston didn't. But his camera did: a four-foot spinner shark had just hurtled over an unwitting surfer.

Check it out, and notice the surfer's body language screaming, "Whoa.".

How do we know it's a shark?

"They are pretty common at the inlet," says Langston, who was in the water at the time. "People get photos of them all the time jumping out of the water. The surfers knew immediately what it was."

Spinners don't pose a threat to humans, as their teeth are made for munching small fish rather than big mammals.

But this one definitely left a mark.

www.thepostgame.com/features/201106/tired-jump-shark-how-about- shark-jumps-surfer

Check the link out for the video. I am going to look at Youtube to see if this is on there yet.

I thought it was an interesting break from some of the stuff on ATS.

ETA:
I think that this is it.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: video

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I was thinking of putting this in the fragile earth forum. I really did not know where to put it.

I thought that this was a pretty awesome catch on video and I wanted to share.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
And they say sharks are the most ferocious animals. He wanted play with the big boys.
Nice catch.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Man what he do a 1080 before hitting the water?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

There are at least 7 or 8 rolls I counted.

He was getting some air that is for sure.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is like the shark bite beach capital of the world. Ever since I got called out of the water there by a freaked out life guard I don't get in the water anymore. Not sure why exactly this beach is so bad but it is. I was telling a friend about this beach and googled it and the very day I did - some guy had been bit in a foot of water.
Don't go in the water man.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Thank you for that link. I really enjoy those kinds of items. Remember last year when the whale jumped the yacht? www.msnbc.msn.com...
Animal world equivalents of "Bite me, Fan Boy."

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I can hear his shark buddies now...."DO A BARREL ROLL!!!"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
WOW! How amazing. Yeah not all sharks pose a threat to people. Many are quite docile. This one obviously was quite playful, I bet the shark was thinking the same thing the surfer was. WOAH!!!! what was that!!!! HEck of a roll though i have to admit. I counted about 8 times or more myself. Great Post great catch.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Don't go in the water man.

That is kind of funny. I have been to the gulf a few times. The last time was at might. My girlfriend jumped right in the black abyss. I jumped in to my knees and jumped out for a towel. That was pretty freaky for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Yeah, I did a little research. Don't get me wrong New Smyrna is beautiful, but there is a specific underwater feature: it is Ponce Inlet. I guess where rivers flow into the ocean, and an unusually high number of feeder fish can be found. I am not kidding, between that shark siren incident with Life Guards running in a sense of panic down the beach sceaming "GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT" at this same beach and a gator incident I faced in a lake around the same time frame I don't get in water unless it is crystal clear and I can see what is coming at me. The scary thing is a 19 year old was bit on the leg in only one foot of water there as recently as this month!
I do often think it is safe to WALK in the surf up to my knees or so there . . . not anymore! I just think it is best if we human folks stay out of their major feeding habitat. We dont' have the Whites here like Cali - but our Bulls are mean and will kill you just cuz.

Tons of beach to choose from . . . Daytona is close and they don't seem to have quite the same problem. As for me, I'm staying in our Springs. If you don't know about the beauty of Florida springs . . . google!

edit on 25-6-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

I'm staying in our Springs. If you don't know about the beauty of Florida springs . . . google!

I might check that out the next time we venture down south.

Thank you for the information.......

I might try to fish for one of the big bad boys, but I sure do not want to swim with them.

top topics

join