It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeological Dig Discovers Ancient Alien Graveyard In Africa?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kigamboni

Interesting story, it would be incredible to see that place, maybe you should wear some kind of protective gear? It also reminded me of a story my friends father told me. He is from Ghana and said that he and a group made a trek across western Africa and encountered some really strange things including giant pyramids, I'm not aware of any pyramids in western Africa....

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The story originates from Pravda, one of the most pointless 'newspapers' on the planet.

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
A brief bit of internet research found the following:

Ahem...

An “Alien Cemetery” Discovered In Rwanda!
www.badarchaeology.net...

In November 2009, various news sources began reporting the discovery of an “alien graveyard” discovered by a Swiss anthropologist working near Kigali, Rwanda. The earliest source for the story appears to be The Weekly World News for 3 November 2009. Written by Erik Van Datiken...
www.badarchaeology.net...

ALIEN GRAVEYARD FOUND
Posted on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009
By Erik Van Datiken
weeklyworldnews.com...

Scientists say they have found an extraterrestrial cemetery in central Africa that is at least 500 years old!

“There must be 200 bodies buried there and not a single one of them is human,” Dr. Hugo Childs, the Swiss anthropologist, told reporters in Kigali, Rwanda.

“They are in amazing state of preservation to be so old,” he added. “Soil and tissue samples indicate the bodies have been in the ground since the 1400s. We’re now trying to figure out where they came from – and what killed them.”

Dr. Childs and his colleagues reportedly discovered the alien graveyard on a routine survey of the Rwandan jungle.

They originally thought they had stumbled on the remains of a centuries-old village. But excavation reportedly revealed nothing but alien bodies – stacked in fives in a jungle clearing.

“The creatures themselves were much taller and skinnier than humans,” said the expert.

“They stood about 7 feet tall and they were not any bigger around than small sapling trees.

“Their heads were larger than the average man’s and they had no mouth, nose or eyes to speak of.
weeklyworldnews.com...

CASE CLOSED

ETA: Weekly World News, as you may recall, is the home of "Bat-Boy"

edit on 6/26/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: Bat Boy

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

This is the same report from November 2009 with names www.badarchaeology.net...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
"Sadly ... no pictures...."

Yeah, what a surprise !!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
No reputable archeology site would use "ancient" and "500 years old" together. 500 years ago was the early modern period.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
OMG Bat Boy?!?!?

I saw bat boy once on Blackpool Promenade when I was cycling home form the building site, he appeared to be feeding on an old man. I thought he was sucking his blood but the blood appeared to be white.

Bat boy was surprised to see me but he also appeared excited too, his excitement wasn't long lived as I jumped off my bike and proceeded to kick bat boy until he was motionless. I asked the old guy if he needed help but he started screaming at me. I assumed that bat boy had already infected him so I left.

I wont hear a thing said about bat boy being fake, I gave him a rite good hiding and removed a few of his teeth with my Caterpillar Steelies.

As far as this website and story being fake, why couldnt it be a race of humans who didnt make it? Maybe they were so tall lightening wiped them out, giraffes are finding out the hard way at the moment.

Doesnt mean they are Alien being tall.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ty, one day i wil put a post up about the Devils Hole.
Cheers...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by itsatrap

Thanks I hadn't considered the adaptations for open grasslands and I can immediately see people needing speed and heat regulation in one body. What I had in mind was the difference between the Watusi and the pygmy tribes, but their environment is different.

I suspect despite the probable set back on this thread I will quietly wait in hope for something along this nature. I don't know if you pulled the link I posted but there seem to be odd may-be memories of giants scattered around parts of Africa and despite its problems with metaphoric analagies the bible makes the clear statement there were giants. Another member in Africa has mentioned an interesting lead, I also look forward to reading his findings.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If anyone wants to get a few stars and do some real debunking, try this. Find the earliest reference to this story. That way you have the real source. Alternatively, you could contact the scientists mentioned in the piece. They will probably be able to shed some light on the real story (if there is one.)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Surely just knowing that it comes from Pravda is sufficient debunking alone?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Hope you post some pictures if you ever get there.

Curious as to what they interpret as the table & chair. Rock formation that just happen to suit discription or actually hand carved. Would be very interesting to see.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Personally i think that there are many graveyards with undiscovered creatures and aliens remaines on this planet, but whenever somebody finds something like that its quickly hidden under the carpet(sorry for my english,its not my first language)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

with all that Pravda source aside....i questioned the story immediately when i read:

..... they had no mouth, nose or eyes .....

7 foot tall humanoids with large caraniums for a 'pinkey-the-brain' sillouette, but no other sensory organs??

The anthropologists believe that the creatures were members of an alien landing, possibly destroyed by some terrestrial virus to which they had no immunity

with no nose or mouth, how did any virus get into their system?

osmosis through the skin??

there are earth creatures with no eyes... but theres none without a mouth or nostrils

OH, maybe those perfectly preserved remains had slits for 'mouths'
& gills instead of a 'nose'
but that was not mentioned...

edit on 26-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Is there no pictures existing of this place?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Archaeology Daily is essentially a blog. The source of the article was indeed Pravda, under the byline of Margarita Troitsina. Ms. Troitsina is a UFO blogger who has contributed other nonsense to Pravda. Here is an example of her work as discussed previously on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This gives you some idea of her credibility.

The fact that Ms. Troitsina plagiarized her piece from Weekly World News, a known source of hoaxes, and added three more known hoaxes in the same article:

This is not the first such finding. In the summer of 1937 a group of Chinese scientists led by Professor Chi Putei surveyed the caves of Mount Bayan-Kara-Ula. Inside they found skeletons with excessively large heads and puny bodies. Nearby there were 176 stone plates. In the center of each plate there was a hole from which a spiral groove spread out to the perimeter with some characters on it....

A corpse of another "alien" was found by Turkish cavers. A mummy of the ice age was resting in a sarcophagus made of crystalline material. The height of the humanoid male creature did not exceed 1 meter 20 centimeters, his skin was light green, and he had large transparent wings on his sides....

Not that long ago in one of the ancient Egyptian tombs a mummy of a man 2.5 meters tall was found. It had no nose or ears, and its mouth was very wide and had no tongue...

Pravda

...is sufficient grounds to move this thread to [HOAX].

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It does look a sensationalist hoax designed to sell papers. To be sure though, we need to track down the scientist (if he exists) and make sure.

Probably nothing to do with this, but I have heard rumours that the Chinese have found evidence of a ancient advanced humans within their borders. The rumour went that the races in question were not ethnically Asian but more Caucasian. For political reasons this might have been hushed up. Has anyone else heard this?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsatrap
Africans evolved to be tall and thin because it allows them to dissipate heat much more efficiently and also their long legs give them increased speed, ideal for the open grasslands. Using the term giant is a bit of a stretch. True "giants" in today's world are due to genetic anomalies and mutations, hence the fact they typically live relatively short lives with numerous health problems.

Africans are tall? Have you seen any? Because they are normal, not tall LOL ... (or were you thinking of NBA when saying that?). It sounded like you described them as a typical feature of Africans..

I dont know what it is, it is silly again to call it fake as much as jumping to conclusions that it is alien. It could be someone tall specifically, they didn't even mention 7-8 feet did they? There were other cases if such tall creatures but tell me if you find pictures of the creature.. until then it's air words.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

they could've been poorly equipped pioneers, or failed experiements. Those are the first two things that coem to my mind.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join