It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeological Dig Discovers Ancient Alien Graveyard In Africa?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wow if this pans out it could be quite revolutionary.

Story is from a respect archaeological website,

Sadly no pictures from grave site

www.archaeologydaily.com...

Cemetery Of Giant Creatures Found In Central Africa

A team of anthropologists found a mysterious burial in the jungle near the city of Kigali Rwanda (Central Africa).

The remains belong to gigantic creatures that bear little resemblance to humans. Head of research group believes that they could be visitors from another planet who died as a result of a catastrophe.
According to the scientists, they were buried at least 500 years ago. At first, researchers thought that they came across the remains of ancient settlements, but no signs of human life have been found nearby.

The 40 communal graves had approximately 200 bodies in them, all perfectly preserved. The creatures were tall - approximately 7 feet. Their heads were disproportionately large and they had no mouth, nose or eyes.

The anthropologists believe that the creatures were members of an alien landing, possibly destroyed by some terrestrial virus to which they had no immunity. However, no traces of the landing of the spacecraft or its fragments were discovered.

I have heard of the alien bodies in China, but not the Turkish or Egyptian ones. Anyone know anymore on these.
edit on 25-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

**Please read: Posting Work Written by Others**
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on June 25th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: MOD EDIT: snipped exessive copy/paste and added proper EX tags and left note.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The pic at the source doesn't seem to go
with the story. Source said they had no
mouth, nose or eyes and in the pic there
is a mouth. Would love to see pics from
the grave site. Just a little skeptic on this
but interesting information.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
this is a reputable site you say... there seems to be alot of speculation about the "alien" race found, including likely reason for death.. it sounds like a suspect story to me..

although if this is true.. it would be the biggest story of our lifetime.. so i have to be skeptical this news wasnt on every media outlet the moment it was discovered..

id be very suprised if an archeology website broke the existence and evidence of alien life...

just my thoughts..

nice find anyway...

it say's pravda at the top of the aticle... isnt that some dodgy russian news agency?
edit on 25/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, I for one am going to be open-minded about the info and will wait for more.

Why is it not in the MSM? Well, we all know the answer to that so another good find from an ATSer...again.

This is dated 17 Feb 2010 so maybe it's been de-bunked already?

Thanks

edit on 25-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I watched the Watusi dancing once, they are from the Ruandian area and extraordinarily tall and are incredibly different and fascinating.
www.stevequayle.com...

The Watusi are not alone there are a number of different tribes with Giants among them. When you look at ancient peoples like the Aboriginees they are not tall. Its amazing we have such diversity which we can't really explain.

Fabulous find, I wonder if we can find a link from alien to the different giant members of the tribes on the above link.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Of course, they try to steer the reader from that possibility that this could be an alien.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I would very much like to see the pictures regarding any of the stories spoken of in the OP.
But for some reason, I doubt any of us actually will be lucky enough to get that chance. Must say, in the actual article, the random picture of a gray alien (with a mouth) kills some of this story's credibility.

Interesting story nonetheless, will definitely be on the look out for more information.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sorry but the source of this story is Pravda, which is nothing more than a wanna be Russian verson of the National Enquirer.

This would have been big news otherwise.

Cheers

link   
Two things
First - source:

Pravda

Ok.
Second - no names of anthropologists that found were digging the site, no name of university/organization they belong to.
So - what is to argue about? Yellow newspaper published article with no credentials about aliens. MIB are on the case.

link   
reply to post by acrux

I don't believe this will pan out, the source is from Pravda, here is the original link:

Pravda - Alien Cemetery

Would have been pretty cool if true, but it's Pravda....

~Namaste
edit on 25-6-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: 3 people posted about Pravda at the same time?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Africans evolved to be tall and thin because it allows them to dissipate heat much more efficiently and also their long legs give them increased speed, ideal for the open grasslands. Using the term giant is a bit of a stretch. True "giants" in today's world are due to genetic anomalies and mutations, hence the fact they typically live relatively short lives with numerous health problems.

Concerning the op, it would be amazing if this were true however I can't find anything concerning the reputation of the host site, nor can I find any other article or evidence corroborating the story. It also concerns me that the article immediately jumps to wild speculation about aliens and how they died. No reputable archaeologists would put his reputation on the line concerning aliens and overturning accepted history without a plethora of irrefutable evidence. Not to mention the article references the dropa stones.......

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Actually, this isn't new, and unfortunately seems to have no credibility what-so-ever. I was stoked at first when I heard of this, but I took the time (about 2 minutes) to google this, and this is an interesting article about the "find" in 2008: Bad Archaeology
It might be a good idea to do just a LITTLE research before you post something as seemingly awesome as this. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is, and will only hurt the quest for truth involving extraterrestrial visitation.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thread posted on this story on 10-12-2009
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Damn. Then what was this then?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In less than two hours, already traced to 2009 source and essentially re-debunked . . .

and it still been flagged 9 times as of this writing.

Correction: 11 times - 2 more during this writing. Wonderful.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sorry peoples that is usually quite a good site for ancient history articles.

Again sorry.
edit on 25-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i think it is true and they are hiding it

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I really do believe aliens exist and I'm definitely sure they're not telling us about what's really going on. If I only I had the time to actually go to Africa and join this digs, it really does feel like its a movie plot out woo!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well I live in Africa. i will tell you a story,
I was running a mining camp. at night i always had the locals telling me stories around the camp fire and it passed the nights away.
One night a village local elder was visiting, he began to relate a story to me and offered to take me to verify.
I regret i never went but i know the location and one day, will go to check.
The story goes like this..

There is a secret little valley, it was about 9 hrs walk from our camp. Generations of villagers have known this place as a sacred place.
The entry is between a narrow gap in the cliffs and it opens out into a private area of large stones or tight valley heavily bush covered.
The area is "HOT" probably radioactive, now i am not sure if this is natural or for another reason. but i have verified that the area is hot since we were doing testing in the region the fly overs were high in radioactivity counts.
Well inside this enclave is huge Chairs and Table cut from solid stones and of excessive sizes for giants as the elder said. You canot stay in the place for long as you get sun burnt. Radiation burns probably. He also said the chairs could not be sat upon as they were hot to touch.

Intrigueing story, and as a european who goes bush as part of the job i have seen many things here in africa that are abnormal. One day i will post some other stories, but as for the 7ft long strange people in the OP, this came to mind as i had always wished i had had the time to verify the story, I DID BELIEVE HIS GUY. His facial expressions were that of a genuine person. and i quizzed him again and again at different times the story never changed.

So food for thought!,,, If this OP find was in Rwanda it is not that far from here and i can see a possible link to this site easily.

I would like to visit the Rwanda site.
Hope ya found it interesting also!..
Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join