It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to try an experiment with TPTB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have been reading some Interesting stuff lately, and because of it, I am going to try a feeble experiment
in the next few days. What ever happens (which will probs be nothing), I will link back to this post.
I want to try and gauge how closely this site is monitored by TPTB.

Yey me!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Would the outcome be effected if you gave more info than you already have?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx

Yes it probably would, plus i want to point back here as a marker, in case (when i get)
flamed.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So what is the experiment or cant you say? Expected a little more info than what was provided. You are taking up space.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Word... I'll just wait then.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

er... ok.. just let us know when your experiment is complete...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I have been reading some Interesting stuff lately, and because of it, I am going to try a feeble experiment
in the next few days. What ever happens (which will probs be nothing), I will link back to this post.

Yey me!

Hmm... Good luck?

Not much else any one can say....with out any details at all.

I probably would have waited to post until after this so called experiment, but to each his own, I suppose

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would have thought it was obvious that he cant say anymore.
Well good luck to you and the best of british. I suspect you think that u2u s may have the same security problem.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

This site is regularly monitored and its members incl. temporary visitors analyzed by DHS (in US) and (MI5) in Great Britain. 95% of the visitors and members here are discarded as unharmful to national security but the rest are very closely investigated. The current Scotland Yard/MI5 arrest of Ryan Cleary ( LulzSec) was possible by trace info gathered from this site.

Be careful what you say here. Some out there do not play games, lack any sense of humor and will arrest and abuse you and your family if you are considered a threat to national security. Just my 2 cents.

John

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
The current Scotland Yard/MI5 arrest of Ryan Cleary ( LulzSec) was possible by trace info gathered from this site.

Can you elaborate a little more on that statement? How do you know ATS had anything to do with the case?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What the heck? If you need attention, why not just ask someone for a hug ?

What good would possibly come out of pissing off any government adgency?

For a test?

As Carter said.

Don't play with the wrong group. If you haven't noticed, they take crime serious.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It just a small experiment . to see what happens, obviously if I say what I expect to happen, then it probs won't.
I expect nothing much to happen , but if it does it will be Interesting, in a small way.
I'm sure the site is monitored in many ways , one of the methods of monitoring will be key words and strings of key words. that's all I can say right now.

edit on 25-6-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

I don't want or need attention. the only reason I posted this is to give my self some credibility, after the fact.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Ex-intel.

To the intel industry this site works essentially like an electronic carnivorous flower trap. It attracts its victims by its promising and appetizing content, and once the fly is deep enough the trap closes. Most here are, as I mentioned in earlier replies, harmless posters looking for some nice and wild theories just to kill some time of daily boredom. But there are some really dangerous individuals here, exchanging encoded info via superficially harmless posts about aliens, the usual gov conspiracy etc.
The perpetrators are anything from mentally unstable youngsters/hackers like Ryan Cleary (suffers from asbergers syndrome) to muslim fundamentalists, all using various forums as info change instead of the usual email/cell exchange.

This site is too valuable to be closed. Its vast membership serves a purpose as one of many great intel gathering sites on the world wide web.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
rigel4,

I've thought about similar experiments myself.
I've had a few ideas that I think would show some rather interesting results
if played out on here properly.....

Perhaps Im still trying to perfect it in my head bbefore I 'jump in'......
Not quite sure...

But Im interested to see your results. lol

Good luck dude.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Thanks

I'm not sure i have it perfected, but it's worth a go any how!
I'll pm you just in case you miss it, as not sure yet when to push the button.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Yey me

!

Im excited to see the outcome, if I could devise a situation I would do it... Good luck

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You should try making another account for anonymity so if TPTB do read this thread
(which I think they would since it's pretty much calling them out)
they will have no idea who is doing the experiment.

Just my two cents

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
Some out there do not play games,

But you are, aren't you.

While what you say may be tantalizing to those who get worked up over such matters, I can assure our members that the level of "scrutiny" described by Mr. "carter" is improbable.

join