It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious disappearance and reappearance of a cat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Dear fellow members,

I want to share this strange occurrence that happened 14 years ago and I still don't know what happened back then. I had 3 cats and I lived in a small apartment in a small village. The apartment was situated in the attic of an old house.
One day I got home from work and one of my cats was missing. I found it a bit strange because there was no way that the cat could have gone outside but didn't think much about it.
After 2 days I started to worry a bit and I asked a friend if she would like to come along to my apartment to see if the cat would come out of her hiding place. She had lived at my place for a while and during that time she developed a special bond with the cat and it was fixated on her. There were not many places the cat could hide and the cat didn't appear when she called for it. She also looked around but we couldn't find it.
2 days later I got home from work and the cat was back again. I was stunned, how did the cat leave and got back into my apartment? The cat looked very disturbed and frightened as if it had seen a ghost.
I swear to God that there was no way the cat could leave or reenter the apartment, there was not a single place where I didn't look during the time it was missing. Cats are very good at crawling into inaccessible places, but there were none in my apartment. Nobody but me had access to my apartment, so it couldn't have been a prank or something like that.

What happened?
I don't have a reasonable explanation for it.
Was it abducted by aliens?

Did it went into another dimension?

It still bothers me.

Does any of you have had a similar experience?

Note: During the end of the war Sir Winston Churchill stayed for a little wile in the same house where my apartment was. It's moist likely unrelated but I found it worth mentioning because of the occultism surrounding TPTB. The house-number was 13.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Universal Rule #3: Just because you don't see your cat DOES NOT mean your cat's not close by.

Many people assume that if their kitty has not been spotted or heard meowing, it must not be close by. NOT SO. One elegant white Persian boy Prince was finally found inside his own home burrowed under a pile of sheets, in the back of a linen closet after his owner had been frantically searching for several days — and without making a single peep! Many people have reported that when they finally found their missing cat, their kitty did not make a sound nor move towards the owner.

link

Cats are masters in hiding.

You just didn't search well enough

edit on 25-6-2011 by Grey Magic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

As I stated in my OP, there was NO PLACE where it could hide.
I know they are masters in hiding, but that was not the case, it was really gone. Besides that, the cat was very disturbed when it was back again.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sort of similar, it bugged me for quite a while, because it didn't make any sense. Still doesn't unless I somehow had a memory lapse. No one else was home at the time.

I go outside when I take out all 3 dogs, because even though there's a fence, the Shihtzu can fit through the fence. The other 2, a Lab and Shepherd, are fine out there. They don't try to escape.

The Shepherd always wants to be inside, the Lab likes it outside in the winter. He just loves the snow and the cold. So I come back in after their morning pee, with the Shihtzu and the Shepherd, and the Shepherd will always bark until she gets her morning cookie. It's a ritual, every day. I left the Lab outside, as usual, he doesn't need morning cookies, he's too fat.

So I'm getting out their morning cookies, and I hear whining coming from behind a closed bedroom door. This room is mostly storage, and there's a mattress also propped up in front of the door. So I move the mattress out of the way, open the door, and there's the Lab, in the room.

It was weird, I told a couple of people, they looked at me like I was absolutely crazy. My husband is a truck driver, not home often, but we talk on the phone a few times a day. I'm glad he didn't think I was crazy, because we've had strangeness before.
This was weird, and sometimes you just have to accept that strange things, that are explainable, happen.

This happened last winter.
edit on 25-6-2011 by snowspirit because: added when

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i had a cat like that once who would go missing all the time and we would look all over for him, long story short he was in the love-set and would spend days in there. he would crawl in through a small hole in the back that we didnt know was there

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am sorry, but are you linking your cat's disappearance with Churchill's visit in 1940s?In this case Dirk Gently is needed,though last time there was only half a cat missing...
Come on. Occam razor. Cat. Likes to hide.Much smaller then you. Can get to places you cannot.
Of course number 13 ,TPTB anc Churchill theory is much more appealing.
So since ,sadly, Salmon of Doubt was not even finished and the author is no longer with us ,i suggest super easy way to find out - add an electronic key finder to your cat/cats colar and maybe you will be able to find ,i do not know, TPTB bunker/aliens/cat hiding in some place.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am guessing that there was a spot that your cat new about that you didn't and it got in and out from that spot

Just a guess though.

And cats get disturbed....Once was woekn up in the middle of the night by a cat disturbance... Two of them, fighting, right outside my window. Scared the hell out of me.
edit on 25-6-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well the only logical explanation can be that your cat was abducted by the same aliens that were heard speaking in a cat like language. Your cat was not scared, just exhausted from traveling through out the stars. Cat gets abducted by aliens.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I'm not linking the 2, I mentioned it because it might be relevant. There are places where "evil" occurs more than in other places. Like a part of a road where many people have accidents although the road there isn't different than the rest of the road.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

That's indeed something similar strange.
Once again, there was no place for my cat to hide. It "escaped" just like Bruce Willis did in 12 monkeys when he was in the isolation chamber.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Unfortunately, the only people that ever believe strange experiences are those that have gone through something similar, or those that are with you, and have witnessed the strangeness.

My son was around for a couple of the strange things that have happened through the years, as a result, he has a very open mind to weirdness.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Well, those cats do not look like Bruce Willis,nether the less:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
Frankly, i do not know why i am doing this. You want to think it is was a paranormal thingy? Who am i to say? Maybe it was,a whole 0.00001% of probability but still. I just hope you had as much fun watching those videos as i did.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yup, seeing is believing.
That goes for most topics here on ATS.
I've got another good story to tell, it deserves a thread of its own. It concerns multiple poltergeist experiences including witnesses. For many it will be a bedtime story, but I'm getting goosebumps at the moment thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

My family had a cat that disappeared in such a way for two days. After that time, someone in the family opened a chest drawer and there was the cat. Our young girl had stowed Max away in playing with him and forgetting about him. Strangely, we had never hear a sound from him during that time. He was a big, fluffy tiger cat, but very docile.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, it could be considered irrelevant, but it has to do with cats, plus it's the only "disturbing" experience I've ever had, so here goes:
It must have been about 12 years ago. I was sitting with a friend on the couch of my parents house, which is in a small town. The couch is right opposite to the balcony door, and as you sit on it, you can see the balcony. The curtains were closed, but they were white and almost ransparent, and the sun was lighting the balcony at that time of the day. So my friend and I were talking, when I noticed the shadow of a cat walking across the balcony door. I immediately went to the balcony, because I had a cat at the time, so I thought my cat was trapped in the balcony somehow, and I wanted to let her get back in the house. Weird thing is, there was no cat in the balcony...! I looked thoroughly around, but no cat was on sight. I asked my friend if she had seen the shadow of a cat walking on the balcony and she had. I then closed the curtains again, and went back to the couch, staring talking with my friend again, without giving further importance to the incident. But then the cat passed again, to the opposite direction! We both immediately stood up and went to the balcony, but again, no cat was anywhere on sight. There was absolutely no chance whatsoever the cat could have been hidden, since the balcony was completely empty, and there was no way out of it. We got a bit scared, but decided to drop the issue, so we wnent back inside. Then again, the cat paced along the door, and disappeared. Again. We both were buffumbled, and scared a lot. Really, even though I don't know why exactly we got scared. To this day, we both remember it, but have found no logical explanation as to what it might have been.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
My husband is a truck driver, not home often, but we talk on the phone a few times a day. I'm glad he didn't think I was crazy, because we've had strangeness before

He probably does think you are a little crazy, but is too diplomatic to say it!

The cat fell asleep somewhere you did not look.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
In my past, I worked in some shelters.

In those years, I dealt with literally thousands of cats.

It was never an everyday occurrence, but it happened consistently enough that I definitely got used to it. I suppose there is the possibility (I did not say probability) that the cat did something "magical," but it is much more likely he found a place to either hide within your place, or was able to find a way out and took a couple days to get back in. When a clever cat wants to go somewhere, there doesn't seem to be much you can do short of sedating them, and even then... Though, i have to admit to enjoying the hypothesis that cats are able to open dimensional rifts. I know many stories of cats being able to access everything from attics, to septic systems, to walls. Most of the time, us "humans" were only made aware of these things if they got stuck, or something similar.

When I read your title, all I could think was; "Yup! That's what they do!"

After reading the post, I feel the same way. I couldnt even begin to count the number of times this would happen, though my sample pool was not necessarily small. Some were able to figure out darn near any method of securing the cage as well.

The mysterious part is subjective. Certainly the cat doesn't feel that way!

edit on 25-6-2011 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Perhaps the cat was stuck in your wardrobe or a small cuboard then got out once you left it opened unintentionally?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

THANK you soooo much for posting this~!! S&F for sure~! I've started a thread, or more/less a journal of events that have happened to me on and off the job.

WEIRD WEIRD stuff.. still have NO explanation~!

The thread is Disappearing and Reappearing House Items, anyone else have this problem?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've had the same experience with almost every indoor cat I've been owned by, though their missing time was just for several hours. I look *everywhere* in the house, even the most unlikely places, calling them with no reply.

My conclusion is that they go through a portal back to their Home Planet for a reason only to be known by them. I'm sure my Feline Overlords will make me pay dearly for revealing this.

Despite my seeming glib, I am sincerely sorry that yours was so upset when you found him. Maybe he got stuck somewhere & was freaked out by the experience. Or the portal back was down for maintainence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join