It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you scared of?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Im scared of spiders.Not those little spiders but the big hairy ones(lol O.o) i just cant stand looking at them.
What are you scared of?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Megatsunamis for me, I'll forever bug out when I see a wall of water heading my way like those portrayed in the movies lmfao

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 3raser

Republicans. They frighten the hell out of me.
And spiders.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Government combined with societal ignorance...

Our lack of understanding of what we 'know'...

The future...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by scojak

Just to add, I would think that societal ignorance is worse than a terrible government. People should not be afraid of their governments, but the governments should be afraid of their people.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Peoples apathy with the wrongs in the world.

The next big lie and how it will affect us.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Spiders, rottweilers and humans, including myself. Oh, and flying lol

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
deep water
high heights

the peoples sometime - but only when I'm not sleepin'

and spiders

(I still never kill them - on purpose. I've killed a lot trying to save them however - no wonder they so often refuse my help)

:-)

edit on 6/25/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: I'm forgetful and often unaware

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am afraid of what I will do when my nother passes......She has been extremely ill for the past year and we will be fortunate should she be here in November.

I have been caring for her 24/7 for the past year and she is the ONLY reason I am still where I am living. When I tell Hospice support workers what I am thinking..........I believe they think I am a little nuts. LOL You see, I am leaning toward selling everything and getting my dog, buy some camping supplies, and going to the NM mountains to look for a group of like minded people - who want to get off the grid and become self-sustainable. Maybe they think I am too old to try to do this - I am 58. But my life's experiences tell me I CAN do this if I make it my priority!!

But, that is the only thing I can think of that I am REALLY afraid of, at this point....

edit on 6/25/2011 by Champagne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 3raser

Spiders, and those huge flying roaches we have here in the south **shudder**

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a woman with an agenda and mad at me

a woman smarter than i am who will make me implode over her insane rant over my deliberately saying youre right and i am so dumb i must be wrong to see a way to win

woman who own 2 or more cats are batsh it insane by law

rough sex she asks for can be called a beating if they get mad and call po po s yeah he hit me and i sad dont and he did and......judges side with wimmin...she lies....ok.....guilty and she .....hopes you get help.arrrrgggghhh

bipolar and alcohol are a way to kill us and say they were not at fault and we saw it comin too....im happy...you die now...im sorry...hehehehhahah.......die burning.....haha...wahhh......im better off dead

prenup.......all im sayin....prenup

pretty ones insane every time

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
People who have no empathy and cannot feel another's pain.
Anyone who is unable to identify with how a person, or any living thing for that matter, is feeling when you hurt them physically and/or emotionally should not be allowed to breathe the same air as the rest of us.
Frankly, they're scary people.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Little people creep me out. I don't know why. Especially when moving their arms and legs, if very out of proportion. I hate that it bugs me...but for some reason, it just does. I even have some relatives that are little people (distant ones), but just creeps me out.

I can't really think of anything I'm really SCARED of though... I've faced most of my fears. There are some things that are simply common sense, like dark alleys at night in the city, etc. That isn't really fear, it's intelligence.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I wanted to conjure something funny to say here............. alas, it didn't happen.

I am scared of my darlin' going first and me being alone and forgotten, and that's the truth. No. That's not the whole truth. I'm scared of my darlin' going first and me not having the sand to join her. THAT's the whole truth.

.......... hopefully that all will happen far in the future. We have no kids, and one of us is going to die alone.

Oh yeah, and I'm scared of tiny bugs crawling in my ear. *shudders*

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Nothing - fear is counter productive.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Diseases.
Thyroid Storm.
Things that explode.
Murderers and rapists.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Crazy people, not like funny ha ha crazy like I shave my head and go around barking like dogs, but True Crazy like going bonkers and swinging around knives at street signs crazy. That and freaking clowns in particular the ones with the sad faces, scares the crap out of me both.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 3raser

I have already posted my phobias on another thread.
What am I scared of?...
Teenagers' when they get their driver's license.
Semi-truck drivers' who feel they own the highways.
Radiation leaks,hoping my potassium iodide tablets get to me first.
My husband when he's mad at me.
Pssst...I am scared of SO

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Oh yeah, and I'm scared of tiny bugs crawling in my ear. *shudders*

define tiny

:-)

just so I have an idea about what size bugs should no longer creep me out. While they're in my ear that is

also - and more importantly (more importantly than bugs or even drowning) you touch on something that is (probably) a very real fear for all of us

it's nothing to do with having the sand my friend...

forgive me for speaking for your darlin' - it is presumptuous and wrong

however, I would guess she would want you to carry on for as long and as happily as you possibly can...

love is weird like that

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Heights - not high heights, I've deliberately gone to the top of tall buildings or monuments and I've looked over the edge of castle battlements. But standing on anything higher than a table will have me frozen in fear. It's embarrassing, I stood on top of our 6 - 7 foot oil tank to gain access to the loft and had to be carried down

Water - despite trying I could never learn to swim. I don't mind being in a reasonably large boat too much, but I can't manage a rowing boat.

Other than that - just being here is scary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join