It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clock mystery solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The clock mystery has been solved
They are messing with the power grind. They are going to start doing this in the US as well.
Any motor driven clock will act up. The speed of an induction AC motor is based on frequency. Change the frequency and you change the speed. Any any clock that uses the AC line as a time base will also act up. Any device the needs the RPMs to be dead on is not going to run right. Some older TVs and other such things that use the AC line as a base frequency oscillator
may not run right if at all. To save money a lot of such things have been made without an on board frequency oscillator and use the AC 60HZ (50 HZ in some countries) as an frequency oscillator. Who knows all this is going to affect.

Powe grid changes

This may not explain all the clock mysteries but it sure complicates things. Makes you wonder if maybe that is the whole point. Maybe this was done in an effect to hide or cover up a bigger problem. Either way this will make it a lot harder to explain any clock type related problems
edit on 6/25/2011 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Did you see the thread about clocks below yours.. And instead of answering the question directly in the thread, you made another one to answer it..

If so that is a ridiculous thing to do!!

The whole clock mystery was solved in the original thread about it..

Do we really need to go over the same stuff here all the time?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Did you see the thread about clocks below yours.. And instead of answering the question directly in the thread, you made another one to answer it..

If so that is a ridiculous thing to do!!

The whole clock mystery was solved in the original thread about it..

Do we really need to go over the same stuff here all the time?

SAY WHAT!!!!
The search engine on ATS is usless. I did a search and it came back with nothing on this

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

What you said gave me a headache, but it was already answered. So OP, I don't know what to tell you

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
OK, the ATS search engine is no good and I posted the same thing but what about the second part of my post? Could this be to cover up or hide some kind of time slipage or just them getting slopy with the power grids. And just what all kinds of things is this to to mess with? Think of all the new clocks people are going to have to buy now.
Can some one please give the search engine a tune up?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I believe you and you shouldn't have had to defend yourself twice. As 1 is complaining they should have followed their own advice instead of being *self righteous/entitled* they should have just shut-up and read where you apologized.. you thought you took the appropriate steps and searched with resulted in 0 entries.

Also these 2 couldn't get right...You might have posted right after the other thread and hence that's why you're on top and you couldn't find the topic.

Thanx for the headsUP OP..this is what this place is for.
Any cleaning up that needs to be done will be done by ADMIN and not those that want to self-righteously rant!!

s&f for great information and attempt to get it out!! Again..that is what ATS is all about!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

ATS Search for the terms "clocks sicily":

1. Clocks in Sicily Mysteriously Jump Ahead, page 1
Jun 25, 2011 ... Clocks in Sicily Mysteriously Jump Ahead For over a week, the digital clocks in Catania have been perplexing owners by skipping ahead 15 to ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread721009/pg1

2. Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster ...
Translation: "Since more than a week ago, electric watches and clocks in the city of Catania, but in other Sicilian cities too, ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread714270/pg1

3. Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster ...
But the curious fact in itself and, as was expected, the mystery now runs on the Net for over a week the clocks of Catania, but also other cities of Sicily, ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread714270/pg6

4. Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster ...
Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster, page 7 ... How does the fact that all the affected types of clocks run on a 50Hz time base ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread714270/pg7

5. Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster ...
A clock will speed up by 1.09 parts in 1013 for every kilometre above sea level, this works out at about 9.43 nanoseconds per day. Or Sicily just ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread714270/pg2

6. Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster ...
Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster, page 4 ... All motor-driven clocks that run from AC power (analog wall clocks etc) use ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread714270/pg4

7. Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster ...
The Temperatures in Sicily are a fairly steady 21 Degrees C. Heat can ... i have noticed this on a couple clocks lately. one battery powered ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread714270/pg3

8. Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster ...
Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster, page 5 ... Three digital clocks and two computers with no problems here. ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread714270/pg5

That's just the first page of search results mate. I'm sick and tired of people saying "ATS search sux" when it is obviously their fault for either not using it correctly or not searching at all but saying they did.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
And this is how an ATS discussion shouldn't go...

OP: If your response is to the Sicily "clock mystery" please respond to one of the existing threads. If your response is aimed at another clock mystery covered on ATS, please add to that thread.

If your thread is on an entirely new topic, please start a new thread and specify in the opening post which mystery you would like to address.

Seeing that ALL replies in this thread are off-topic and I'd hate to remove an entire page of Off topic posts:

Thread closed.

Edit: And perhaps in the future we can use some patience with our fellow members instead of destroying a thread? Just a suggestion.

Thread still closed.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join