It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To experts with meditation, a strange experience and looking for an explination.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I had a strange experience a couple of days ago that I hope someone with experience could offer help with.

Not long after I had woken up, I got a strange headache. I get them quite frequently, however this one was like a gentle "pulse" in the front sections of my brain. As I described to a friend, it was not painful, merely "strange, almost like someone was softly massaging the area".

This sensation continued for the rest of the day, and it was only as I was doing meditation before bed that the sensation stopped. Once I'm ready, I place a "shield" around myself, blocking out all external influences. Immediently, the sensation ceased. Curious (and rather startled), I changed my mental block to allow good energies in. The sensation briefly returned, pulsed a few more times and then was gone.

I honestly have no idea what to make of it. Any contributions would be useful.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I wish I could help, or at least supply an answer, but to do so would only be guessing. However similar things have happened with me, both in meditation and consciousness expansion, particularly the latter. I don't have headaches, so when this triggers one, I can easily connect my event and the pain.

I somewhat avoid doing certain things like expansion which is a meditation of course as the dizzy spells have lasted over a day and somehow have spilled over and effected my wife. What I have found is there seems to be a higher element involved with me and I can detect when the being is doing it's thing which is usually slight but recently more intense. I only hope this is a positive thing not negative for I have made my way and it is the positive one. I am tempted to include my latest from several days ago written in my journal, very intense which left me sick for two days.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi there, ive been meditating, astral travelling for roughly 20 years now. What you probably experienced was your third eye opening..The more you relax the more your chakras open...When you feel that pulse or preasure third eye, heart, throat, relax more and let it happen...open the chakra, then the exploration and fun begins,,,theres no demon so forget that.....if your throat chakra is burning its probably someone you no (wife) spiritually talking and your blocking the communication.
When i first started i read that when meditating relax relax relax over and over eventually something will happen that will change your life. I did this by relaxing my muscles over and over in my head, i got to the point where i couldnt feel my body any longer, i thought is this it the big thing i was waitng for, i decided then to keep relaxing over and over, when all of s sudden, i shot out of my body hitting the cieling, while a scream when through my head, (The scream was my ego breaking) i then shot through my body hitting the floor under my bed,, then back to the cieling then back to the floor, then back to my body,,my head felt like i got with a brick from the impact of coming back to my body. Now i can cross over in meditation within minutes. The hardest scariest part was my ego fighting for control and breaking that, every monster, screaming, yelling, to keep in control, if you can get passed that, yuor spirit starts to take contol, sit back then and enjoy the ride....you ll truly be hooked, i like to compare it to star trek, inner exploration. Theres alot more to add but id be writing a novel here..have fun awsome days ahead for you..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

Not sure if this is exactly what your feeling but there are other people that have a weird feeling in there head

forums.wrongdiagnosis.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Maarhuis

The 2nd pulse was almost like a "No silly, it's nothing bad but you mucked it up for now"

I've noticed changes since I began meditation, was curious to hear others experiences and if anyone had anything similar happen. Thanks for sharing your experiences Maarhuis

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 3raser

Like I said, there was no pain with it, no loss of balance or anything negative such as what was described in that link. I have had the headaches with lose of balance, vertigo and the rest, but this was nothing along those lines

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

Sort of sounds like what happens when you hyper-ventilate. Chill out on the deep breathing friend.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

What type of meditation were you doing when this feeling occurred?
Did you have any new insights or understandings before, during, or after the feeling?

So far it sounds as if you were becoming aware of your Brow Chakra, a.k.a Third Eye.
The feeling you described is how I feel when I do chakra meditations, or sometimes before a burst of creativity comes forth, or when I truly realize or understand a new spiritual/philosophical concept.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

Just look of the sensation when that occurs...that is a good sign of progress..(ki raising up to sahasrara..the idea is to let the energy transfer occur )apparently you've had one during sleep.
Now..the 3th eye or the forehead..or the frontal lobes..are opened by ,,letting go,, and ,,forgiveness,, (as Jesus said)of everything,not by forcing any mental blocks,see?
A faster way is just rest your right palm on the forehead,and say,,I forgive everyone,everybody,this sensation,and myself too,,
And next time don't put mental blocks(good or bad as you call them..)..you actually destroyed the very thing (purification) because you were afraid.
Next time just KNOW what's going on..ok?..
love..the mahayogi

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies.

What type of meditation were you doing when this feeling occurred?

Sahabi, the feeling began when I woke up, so nothing specific comes to mind.
Sadly, no insights or anything specific that came with it. However, I have felt a change within myself in the time since. Trying to explain how exactly would require a page of text, and still not convey the feeling.

And next time don't put mental blocks(good or bad as you call them..)..you actually destroyed the very thing (purification) because you were afraid. Next time just KNOW what's going on..ok?..

Mahayogi, I thank you for your post. I took your advice to heart, and wish to share another "experience".

This occurred as I was in bed trying to get to sleep. A gentle throbbing pain began in the lower back of my head, focusing on one small section of my brain (slightly larger then a bottle cap). Following your advise Maha, I sent out a thought pretty much saying "Go ahead".

There was a slight (and this is the pure mental image I got)"jolt" of surprise, almost as if had been shocked that I had sent the message. If this was due to the message, or to me simply sending a message, it made me laugh.
The sensation moved over almost*1 all my brain, then faded.
Again, any advise, or anyone with similar experiences, I would appreciate your posts.

*1 It was hard to follow all the way. Think of the old trick when you close your eyes and someone taps your arm while you guess the location.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Soltari,sounds like your 3rd eye beginning to open,usually if ur 3rd eye is closed theres no pain or density in the forhead region,talking from experience if you want your third eye to open you close your eyes,take few deep breaths,move your eyes upwards in direction of between the eyebrows,clear ur mind,no thoughts,listening to alpha sound is good for this,after few days it's noticeably so easy to still your mind,you will get so deep in meditation thats it's very suprising of the progress,after 3 to 6 weeks if you are properly quieting the mind your 3rd eye will open,you will get massive trobbing on the forhead like a muscle spasm,as soon as your mind analyses this experience and thinks,the 3rd eye will stop opening,the trick is to passively observe it and not be suprised or excited,as soon as you react it will stop,mine trobbed and heavily viberated for about 4 seconds untill my mind said WTF is going on then the experienced stopped,but I closed my head again and there was explosions of purple light pulsating and changing colors pretty cool,I had a kinda sore head for 3 days,but now when meditating I can feel the density between the eyebrows,I'm lucid dreaming maybe once every 2 weeks,and I'm remembering my dreams on a daily basis,after 3 minutes of meditating I can get to the purple space and see a vortex,I'm kinda thinking my 3rd eye not fully open as my mind reacted to the experience of the opening,this is as far as I got with my progress,I'm only meditating 3 months

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

And next time don't put mental blocks(good or bad as you call them..)..you actually destroyed the very thing (purification) because you were afraid. Next time just KNOW what's going on..ok?..

Mahayogi, I thank you for your post. I took your advice to heart, and wish to share another "experience".

This occurred as I was in bed trying to get to sleep. A gentle throbbing pain began in the lower back of my head, focusing on one small section of my brain (slightly larger then a bottle cap). Following your advise Maha, I sent out a thought pretty much saying "Go ahead".

right..the idea was to just watch the sensation,not to order it,,go ahead,,..no wonder it laughed at you,and you felt it..the idea is this,friend..where your attention is,your ki goes..ki is NOT thought(Is both and beyond..but is controlled by your attention)..but ki is moved by bare attention...in other words..if you want to say something,you could say something like,,is ok,Jesus..or..is ok Allah or Vishnu(or whatever deity you believe) but never..,,go ahead,,..that produced the laugh..because you thought you can control the process,see?

There was a slight (and this is the pure mental image I got)"jolt" of surprise, almost as if had been shocked that I had sent the message. If this was due to the message, or to me simply sending a message, it made me laugh.
The sensation moved over almost*1 all my brain, then faded.
Again, any advise, or anyone with similar experiences, I would appreciate your posts.

Since this is an above top secret site..I'll explain you..
here is the deal..
It faded because you didn't follow the sensation with attention.
That is because even if god within you wants to help you..you resist,and you don't believe in you.
One day will come when you will know that what you put your attention on ..you become it(the first principle of creation)
But this time is about knowing your own powers,and not be afraid of your own divine nature.
Can you do that when you feel the sensations in your brain moving?
Just observe them,never order them,,go ahead,,..or they will laugh at you..
Just LOOK with bare attention..my beloved..
kisses from the mahayogi

kriptodanny.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Sorry for bringing this back, I couldn't create a thread since I'm new here. Since one week of meditation, my third eye is starting to open up and I'm not sure if I should continue meditating to open it or not. I've recently read that you'll be susceptible to good and bad entities and I don't know if I'm ready to open it. So can anyone give me advice or info to what to do?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes forgiveness is great, forgiving yourself and everyone during meditation will allow to trust yourself more often to go into a deeper meditation. I feel as if maybe the sensation your describing is your third eye beginning to open up, i have had this sensation for weeks but still no luck in opening up. Another tip which i failed completely is getting too excited when you feel something happen, last night i was at my deepest state yet, complete bliss and my body began to vibrate and was slowly spinning, i ruined it by becoming way to excited, i thought my heart was about to jump out of my body thats how worked up it got me. hahahaha i was also stoned but nonetheless lesson learned, relax and forgive

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
when you are meditatiing you are opening your upper chakras up but you are leaving your Root chakra closed or shut which makes you dizzy or light headed and can cause headaches.You need to be grounded.When building a house you dont start at the roof.When grounding you tap into earth energies and stabilizes you . Learn to open and close all chakras. You can get chakra meditation CD's. Always cover yourself with white or gold light for protection from negative energies. Hope that helps

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

Alright, so I'm working on balancing my chakra levels when I'm meditating, now how do I ask for protection from negative energies, like do I imagine a white light surrounding me or asking my higher self? What would you recommend since I'm beginner?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just visualize a white light going through you from top to bottom. I do it every day because I pick up alot of bad energy if a dont. When I am in the shower I visualize the water as white washing over me.You can also say "cover me with protective white light" I have you used this when I have been in a crowded place and feel my self get overwhelmed by the energy but I have to repeat it several times( I am empathic so I have to watch myself) .You can also ask yourself if you are protected or if your chakras and aura are clear by putting your hand on your chest (you will be standing).If it is yes you will rock forward like you would nod yes and sideways for no. You can also use this technique to ask if a certain food if good for you.Put your hand over your chest and one over the food and ask if it is good for me.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vilst3r

I forgot you can do all these techniques without meditating .When you are meditating always ask for loving energy but be afraid to open up you are new and have been closed for a long time.Have fun with it and experiment with different technique and what works best for you everyone is different. What works for one wont work for another or find difficult.It takes awhile it is like learning a guitar you cant just pick it up and start playing like Eddy Van halen. Have patience and enjoy

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Alright, I just have one last question before I start properly training, I seem to have trouble opening my chakras,like for e.g When I'm meditating on my root chakra, I visualize a red gem like sphere at the bottom of my spine. After focusing on it and trying to make it vibrant, I come out of meditation with no results. It seems like nothing happened and I didn't get any symptoms. I don't know but my ego finds it hard to believe that my root chakra is opening up from my visualization. Am I doing anything wrong and how long does it usually take to open it?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vilst3r

If you are new at it it may seem like nothing has happened. It is not an ego thing you have to get rid of that and try and focus on the feeling and not the outcome. The more you force it the less things will happen. If you are sitting in the lotus postion or crossed legged if you like and focus/visualize about 6 inches below you like roots of tree going into the earth, then work your way up to the seventh chakra and you feel the energy come from the root all the way up. You should feel a heaviness when you root chakra is open. All chakras should spin clockwise.So if I was looking at you they would spin towards you left side. Get a pendulum and it will help seeing the direction they spin or if they are spinning correctly. As I said have fun and go with the feeling.It may burst like a dam all your emotions so dont hold back and let go. It is a clearing of all bad energy that has been built up over the years.Have patience ..Namaste

top topics

<<   2 >>

join