It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car bomb outside Afghan hospital kills at least 60

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
As long as there is a Middle East, there will be war.

Nuke the #ers.

Better yet, you personally could use a nuclear reactor as an inhaler. People like you are the reason we see no peace on earth. The people like you in the middle east, the people like you here in America, the people like you in Africa, it's all of you heartless losers who just wanna kill kill kill.

Funny how somebody from some country in Asia, kills people in Afghanistan and YOU captain save-em-all want to "retaliate"..

Get the eff outta here..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I wonder if this has to do with the Taliban recently claiming victory over the US forces in that country. There is no war to win in Afghanistan.

No. The Taliban have denied and involvement in the blast. I just heard it on NPR

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

My solution, however barbaric, is a means to an end.

When I was a kid I had a whole little village of hamsters. Probably 20 in 1 huge cage. After a while, we noticed some hamsters had cuts, missing fur, damaged ears, etc. My dad and his friend were looking into the cage trying to figure out what the hell was happening, and they noticed one hamster was being a bully, and attacking all the other hamsters.

My dads friend removed said hamster from the cage, and killed it. We never saw another sign of violence in that little hamster society.

The Middle East is like that hamster, creating violence for the sake of creating violence... and the ONLY solution is to remove them. Even if we caved to EVERY SINGLE Muslim demand, they would eventually get bored, and create some new Jihad against polyester or some ridiculous crap, and go back to suicide bombings and creating havoc.

The Middle East is a cancer, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Better yet, you personally could use a nuclear reactor as an inhaler.

Great line. I'm going to use that on my kids when they tee me off.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Better yet, you personally could use a nuclear reactor as an inhaler.

Great line. I'm going to use that on my kids when they tee me off.

Being a childish insult, I bet your children will get a laugh out of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

So calling for the extermination of a people/race/culture is your Final Solution

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

When I was a kid I had a whole little village of hamsters. Probably 20 in 1 huge cage. After a while, we noticed some hamsters had cuts, missing fur, damaged ears, etc. My dad and his friend were looking into the cage trying to figure out what the hell was happening, and they noticed one hamster was being a bully, and attacking all the other hamsters.

My dads friend removed said hamster from the cage, and killed it. We never saw another sign of violence in that little hamster society.

The Middle East is like that hamster, creating violence for the sake of creating violence... and the ONLY solution is to remove them. Even if we caved to EVERY SINGLE Muslim demand, they would eventually get bored, and create some new Jihad against polyester or some ridiculous crap, and go back to suicide bombings and creating havoc.

The USA walked into Iraq one day, citing humanitarian reasons, and a preemptive strike to prevent the use of WMD's. We now all know that GREED is the sole purpose of our invading Iraq. The Middle East has violence, but how often has that violence crossed the Atlantic, OR Pacific, entered the borders of the US, and knocked on the doors of your city? Oh ok. This "I'm gonna be a hero" bullsh** is the same excuse our gov't uses over, and over, and over again to invade another country on the low. Example: Libya.

My point being, people all over the world call America the "cancer" that should be taken care of.
edit on 25-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Agreed. I already have iodine pills for backup. I'll threaten them with a nuclear reactor inhaler and take away their iodine pills. THAT will teach them.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Actually the middle east would be like the cage, your proposing to destroy the cage with all the hamsters rather than remove the bad hamster.

People in the US keep shooting each other, I know, lets bomb the US. (Great Idea
)
edit on 25-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
All I see with this latest dastardly act of barbarity is a tactic used by cowards. So, the Taliban has publicly announced that they are not responsible? Oh really? You don't say? Could it be a rogue faction of the Taliban going off on its own to conduct attacks like this one and others? There has been much talk about negotiations between the Afghan/US governments for a ceasefire and future political accommodations in the Afghan government.

US in talks with Taliban, says Karzai

The US and other foreign powers are engaged in preliminary talks with the Taliban about a possible settlement to the war in Afghanistan, the Afghan president, Hamid Karzai, has said. It is the first official confirmation of US involvement in such negotiations.

Perhaps some in the ranks are disgruntled about some in the Taliban leadership being so cordial toward communication and negotiations with the Afghan/NATO/US government? We have to keep in mind that much of the Taliban structure is decentralized since their downfall in 2001. There is no one person giving marching orders to anyone. A sporadic firefight here, a bombing there, and so on and so forth.

This may be an act of a splinter group within the Taliban, and a response to the peace talks as well as President Obama's recent "Mission Accomplished," speech? Then, it could be paramilitary elements out of Iran since the attack took place in Eastern Afghanistan, and an area where Iranian activity has taken place in the past. Still, this is not something I think needs to be politicized. It is a horrendous act no matter who is responsible, and whoever is responsible needs to pay dearly!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just a thought. The Taliban are extremist but they usually go in and try to win the locals over. The bombing of a maternity hospital would not win them any local supporters. They are extremist but they want to further their cause. Yes they may want to say that we bombed the hospital to win support and further anti American sentiment but, I would venture a guess that mercenary contractors are worried right now that with the (minimal) troop draw down they will be loosing their cash cow soon. You have to admit Blackwater / Xe Services and the ilk have made mad bank in the last 10 years. One thing I have witnessed over the years is that the corrupt and the greedy can never seem to get enough money or power and once they have it they will do some pretty heinous things to hold onto it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Well, when 19 of those 20 hamsters are the violent ones, you can try your hardest but you'll never find the one that isn't.

Eventually, you gotta just admit failure, and turn them into snake food.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
In the McCarthyesque spirit I offered my support for Patreaus and of a slow and methodically pull out from Afghanistan (and Iraq for that matter). I offer this research from my old files and will continue as needed:

“…Petraeus knows that aggressively combining security with appropriate political and economic action -- with a good dollop of humility that puts the Afghans in charge -- is a long-term but sure road to success.”

Source of Quote

Small War Journals

You are walking down the street and some one is hungry, living on the street and asking you for change to eat ...what do you do?

Again, you are walking down the street...you look over and someone is just kicking the hell out of that same street person you fed, who is calling for help...what do you do?

Finally, you are that street person, starving and being beaten for whatever reason and you are judged by every person walking by you (who may or may not help you) on a sunny beautiful day, what do you do?

So let's ramp this up to a global level. We are the USA walking down the street and some one yells, "Help!" (a la Egypt) "80% of our income goes to food now and they are kicking our families from our homes because we cannot make our payments." Oh and by the way they are yelling this AFTER...again, AFTER the first round of Greece austerity riots. So, the blind eye will not work. Greece is in the EU and the euro has failed in Greece. So whomever is thinking on this thread knows already that we just walked by the guy who needed a dollar.

Next, "Help! The police are picking up our neighbors and taking them in, we are protesting because we cannot eat and they are killing and brutalizing us and we need a new government and economic organization. Help us!"
The US people, “No way, we cannot help you because we have to get ourselves together." We just walked by them again and it is zany because we are in the same boat as them. Again, we have to walk them however lame the excuse. Let us see, Wisconsin...Michigan....what else...well, more later.

Now Greece is ramping up the riots because they have been asked to give up all their pensions and Social Security or the banks will close indefinitely and they cannot have access to their funds or worse 50% cut in pay today and you still cannot have your pensions, investments or Social Security. Reminder, Greece is still in the EU and still on the Euro?!!! (Why I cannot figure out. Team players, I guess.)

Friday last, in the United States, violent discussion in the House and Senate on cutting Medicare and Social Security, the budget, raising the debt ceiling and the US Dollar dodges another tough one, but only because we are printing dollars and the Fed is buying up our OWN…OUR OWN bonds (quantitative easing). Michigan is no longer a democracy it is run by a huge multinational. corporation...with other states to follow. The dollar when monetized is not worth even 50 cents...seriously. Do the math.

What cannot be on the Commodities Market…on the Board of Trade is the following...food, essential energy products, water, certain minerals and some woven items...oh and wait!!!! OUR SOVEREIGN CURRENCY maybe it should not be on the Board of Trade…do ya think?! Who just proved that model…Greece!

To sum it up...the Generals who get my support, get it because they have fought and won because they know, when the firing stops, they have to feed, clothe, shelter and provide medical services to the people who lost and then rebuild the losers infrastructure...yes, the infrastructure we as a combined community bombed to hell. WHY? We cannot remain the so called victor…winner or whatever. Seriously you cannot be the Winner of a War if you cannot leave that place in the state of winnership! Comprende?

Unless, we have truly sunk to the lowest of the low, the worse of the worse…I guess we will find out if we are the kind of people who can create a militant army on the backs of two peoples, use them, go into war, leave a country in ruins along with its society, culture and human rights with not so much of a “by your leave.

This is why I back Patreaus...and we have other good generals like him. However, people are forcing the hand of our Commander in Chief because in the paradigm of ATS..."He is a newbie to the political scene", when in fact what we are really doing is walking by people in desperate need of help (some of our own making) and resources and pretending we will be better off for it.

edit on 25-6-2011 by angelchanneller because: Shoud have been a negative

edit on 25-6-2011 by angelchanneller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

THEY ARE MUSLIMS ARE
YOU SURPRISED????

edit on 25-6-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yes there are Americans suffering right here at home but I think implying that this was a humanitarian mission is a crock. I am calling bull# on this one. Are we forgetting about Tibet, Rwanda, and Sudan. Seems to me they asked for out help and it all boiled down to semantics over the word "genocide." We can't seriously believe that we are the international saviors riding in on our white horse to insure democracy for all. This is about money, power and oil. Americans are suffering because of greed and corruption perpetrated on Americans by Americans. I agree that we should cut back on aid to other countries till we can get our books straight here at home.

Blackwater/ Xe Services and all the greedy corrupt contractors who are raping or defense budget don't want peace in the middle east or anywhere else. Their army of lobbyist and cronyism will insure that these vampires keep sucking us dry.

Lets point the finger of blame where it rightly belongs. Sun Tzu said "know your enemy." It is only when we realize who the enemy is that we can defeat him.

As far as the wars we are fighting, I suggest we drop blue jeans, Big Macs and Playboy mags. I blame allot of the hostility on sexual repression and envy. Let them get a taste of America and soon they will be stuck on the couch watching Dancing With The Stars and playing X Box. It's the American version of the Opium War.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Hah! I love the sexual repression thing! So Freudian...so perfect. So often true. In my case...well I will let you decide...except I am not gay...not that there is anything wrong with that, but It tried it in college and well, nothing.

I was in college, a translator, an interpreter... my best friend from a US war zone allowed to study (and friends) in the US was with me. It was crazy stress and fun!

So, we (my bff and i) did not just have coffee before our language classes...we were attached at the elbows, studied together and lived life together. We both loved to sew clothes and stuff.

Well, when we got the 24 hour announcement from the President...I did because of my Dad. He woke me up and said, if they are leaving, they had to be on the planes by x hundred hours. At least, that is how I remember it. They all had a choice. It was dark and I think it was midnight cut off PST.

I drove so fast to her house...but I could not convince her to stay, she would not stay. Because of the language I/her/we ...her friends spoke, we had connections. I told her she would die like my Dad told me. She told me she could not leave her family through that. She could not live knowing her entire family went through that alone. I said she could live with my family. We hugged and said "Good Bye".

The people in the program had been through so much worse, my professors as well, they were like you Lady Sophia of Sandoz...used to the pain.

I still am not...I cannot see my screen for the crying and the tears right now. It is hard for me We had the Korean model..we could not have held the border...right?

Well, the long and the short of it Huong, she returned to her country and was slaughtered with her entire family on the University grounds where her dissident professor father taught. Her mother, brothers and sisters were already there. They were just waiting for my bff to get off the plane.

I got this confirmation through a friend of a friend in Germany who was a Navy Seal there at the time. Later, a friend who I trusted confirmed, through a family in that war zone, she and the family died within 36 hours of the US withdrawing.

I think it is about perspective. Huong and I were like Jane Austin friends and I know how creepy that sounds. We would have laughed hysterically about that sentence I just wrote and then figured out who we were really like.

Do we meet old soul friends on the battlefield? I do not know...but of all the deaths I have suffered...well, I knew I should have gotten on the plane with her that night...and I regret it, to this day, I regret it.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

You talk about the middle east the very same way Hitler talked about the Jews.

Congrats, you're the first fascist I've ever met

a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I totally agree.

I have long said if we wanted to do a real humanitarian mission, we would start with the country that has the highest rate of murder. But the N.A.T.O doesn't car about Honduras at all

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
From the article:
"A suicide bomber blew up his sport utility vehicle outside a small clinic in eastern Afghanistan on Saturday,"

Which detailed unbiased investigation determined the explosion was the result of a "suicide bomber"?.. if a car blew up in Los Angeles tomorrow.. it would take investigators days, if not weeks, to "officially" confirm who did what to who, and why..

..but in Afghanistan, they're more efficient.. hearsay from some guy who calls himself "Health Director " makes it so..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join