It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a TS/SCI security clearance..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
If you had a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information clearance
and you were in a government position

What would you do?

For those of you unfamiliar with US Security Clearances, see the following wikipedia page
Us Security Clearances

(mod's, move as needed)
edit on 25-6-2011 by tylerjamescharles because: edit

edit on 25-6-2011 by tylerjamescharles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tylerjamescharles

in the british army , doing your job and following orders is the accepted norm

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
bahahaha this is one of the wikis references :

Some items here are based on a list compiled by a nonauthoritative source on the Internet.[4]
1. "Security Clearance".www.army.com
2. "Security Clearance FAQ".www.clearancejobs.com
3. Aligning OPM Investigative Levels With Reform Concepts; DOE M 470.4-5 pp. II-4--II-5
4. "List of security clearances" www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
in the british army , doing your job and following orders is the accepted norm

Best advice they gonna get all day.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Not much, actually. Access to classified information is always on a "need to know" basis.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Learn what I can and use it to help others.

Without breaking any laws or rules.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i would probably laugh about lots of speculations here^^

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I've had a TS/SCI since 1981. You do your assigned job based on "Need to Know". If your job requires it you will get read into different programs, also called "tickets" by the SSO folks.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

You do your assigned job based on "Need to Know".

i wonder how much corruption could be ended if people weren't indoctrinated with that crap. i'd say all the innocents that died on 9/11, and all that were senselessly killed in the war would disagree with that "policy".

"sir, why are we not stopping those planes"

"need to know, son"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

That wiki page is a bunch of crap for the most part.

If it is classified "Top Secret" it is already compartmentalized and even though you have a Top Secret clearance you don't have clearance to look at anything that is marked with one.

The only Top Secret documents you are allowed to look at are the ones that are given to you. So if you happen to walk past someones desk with a folder marked Top Secret and you have the clearance you are still not supposed to look at it. In fact the person that left the document unsecured will be in trouble for leaving these national security items in the open as would you for looking.

Everything that is classified is compartmentalized!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Having a TS clearance does not necessarily give you anymore or any better information then you can get here. I had a TS clearance, it really was not that big a deal imo. I did not get to learn any "juicy stuff" because I lacked the need to know.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I've had a TS/SCI since 1981. You do your assigned job based on "Need to Know". If your job requires it you will get read into different programs, also called "tickets" by the SSO folks.

Did you really have to tell them the our word "tickets"?
That's as bad as seen windy.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Did you really have to tell them the our word "tickets"?
That's as bad as seen windy.

For God's sake, don't mention the term "blue light specials".

second sentence: Yeah, in about 2 threads it was fun reading the speculations on ATS.

ETA: to the OP, by "what would you do" my first sarcastic reply would tend to be "Chop wood, draw water", just because I'm a smart ---. But frankly, at least on the techie side, most of the "secrets" are pretty mundane, or just really technical in nature, but focused on the part of the thing you're doing. You generally have to be a "Master of the Universe" to be presented with the big picture, unless the job is systems integration debugging, in which case you get the sneak peek, because there's really no way to fix the issue otherwise.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Yep, my clearance was as a result of technical need. No juicy stuff for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by Bedlam

Yep, my clearance was as a result of technical need. No juicy stuff for me.

I have a document page with a drawing of a declassified screwdriver in a frame on the wall here.

It's a nice screwdriver, mind you. But it's beyond me why that was a matter of national security. As does about 90% of the other crap.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I would say that anyone who is privy to the type of information you think people with security clearance get, would more than likely be the ones marking the documents/incidence top secret. Hence they will do nothing with them but file them a way until someone of importance needs to know something specific about said document.

If that makes any sense, sorry it is kind of jumbled. It sounded better in my head.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I held a Top Secret Crypto NATO in Nevada, and did that work which you can view in that 1985 movie called The Falcon And The Snowman. Communications with AUTODIN relay. We did NOT make "margaritas" in the 'shredder'. Though.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I will make sure they all look at the MIB wand and not blink when I say look.......

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It must be lonely, making everyone forget with your wand. Lets talk about it over some calzone and pie, and I promise, I'll not need "to be flashy thinged". By that wand.

top topics

join