It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret pentagon report - mass cooling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I know the article date is from 2004 but however as the recent announcement on space.com states, the sun will have less and less sunspots, this section of this article seems to be correct.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Britain will be like Siberia in 20 years apparantly...but seeing as this is a British newspaper I am guessing it means the rest of Europe, or the Northern Hemisphere as well?

Open for discussion

A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by The Observer, warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by 2020. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

Perhaps the conflict in the middle-east and North Africa right now could spark this conflict?

edit on 25-6-2011 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

Poppycock. The report starts off with global cooling causing rising water levels. That's the exact opposite of what happens...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Not neccesarily, cooling can still occur via the gulf stream slowing down but with water rising elsewhere

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think this part is important;

Senior climatologists, however, believe that their verdicts could prove the catalyst in forcing Bush to accept climate change as a real and happening phenomenon. They also hope it will convince the United States to sign up to global treaties to reduce the rate of climatic change.

So we have a report by the pentagon which outlines some extremely scary sounding scenarios that they say will become national security issues. It sounds like it was just a way to put pressure on Bush to go along with the whole climate change agenda.

Personally I think all these reports and climate change models are theoretical and many of them are used to advance various political agendas. It seems that this pentagon report is no different.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
There are people with their own Agenda's feeding "Classified Reports" to Congress and Foreign Governments to try and influence the world to benefit them....themselves only.

It's been that way since this country was created.

The Pentagon is supposed to be a War Department. They've never been charged with Science, Geology, or Weather future predictions.....that's NASA, NOAA, and USGS who are supposed to do that.

Right now Hillary Clinton is feeding "Classified Reports" to Congressmen to try and get their support for Libya. Like I said.....personal or corporate Agendas......

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This article has a different take on the Pentagon report;

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Pentagon official who commissioned the study, Andrew Marshall, issued a brief statement saying it “reflects the limits of scientific models and information when it comes to predicting the effects of abrupt global warming. ... Much of what this study predicts is still speculation.”

So even the guy who commissioned the report admits it's 'speculation'.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

The reason why the sea level can rise despite the cooling trend is this, Volcanic activity is increasing quite a bit, Volcanic activity actually causes surface cooling, however the amount of underwater volcanic ranges erupting is quite extroadinary. So what you have is essentially the perfect scenario evolving. Warm oceans which result in increased evaporation, and thus increased precipitation, and then cooler surface temps, meaning more Snow and Ice.

I've been a cooling advocate for the entirety of the global warming farce. It doesn't surprise me to know that the government is aware of the cooling trend that has been going on since 1998 or so, with the last few years being particularly impressive. Also you have to realize the solar minimum that is coming up will likely be equal or worse than the maunder minimum. This is another thing the government knows about.

It can't be ignored that the completely natural Ice Age cycle is already at it's end range. The non-glacial period is scheduled to end around Right Now! So we really could be looking at a mini-Ice Age, like in the 1600's. Or in fact a full Ice Age.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ill keep an eye on Halliburton to see if they don't buy any major snowmobile company.
We never know lol.
Anyway, i expect a very rude winter for 2012(North hemi.) but i prefer not to think about it

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
All I can say is last year was the first time my dad seen the river Lagan in Northern Ireland frozen in his 54 years alive.

This may not seem important althrough when your winters are usually around -3 its a big deal, for weeks last year our tempretures where -17/-20.

I have noticed in our last 2 years the winters have been getting colder but equally our summers have been getting warmer, our summers are usually 18oc on an amazing day and around 14oc on a normal summers day. The past few weeks our weather has been hitting 22oc daily which again is warmer than expected.
edit on 25-6-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The Pentagon or formerly the War department plans reports for all possible war scenarios. Not planning a war based on climate change would mean someone was not doing their job.

If someone had access to all Pentagon reports, you would likely find alien invasion reports.

Sea levels could continue rising due to past global warming while temperatures start to plunge over the continents. Volcanic underwater activity might keep the oceans warm enough. The Pentagon has the job to prepare war scenarios for all possible scenarios. It doesn't mean aliens will invade though.

Hopefully, our leaders will realize our countries need jobs and a booming economy to have the extra resources to spend the money on improving our environment. It's not wise to spend a lot on the environment if your country is going bankrupt and your people are barely getting by from one paycheck to another.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

The reason why the sea level can rise despite the cooling trend is this, Volcanic activity is increasing quite a bit, Volcanic activity actually causes surface cooling, however the amount of underwater volcanic ranges erupting is quite extroadinary.

Actually, the AGW model predicts that the melting of the polar ice-caps will decrease the salinity of the oceans, which will cause the North Atlantic Conveyor to shut down. It is a combination of warm tropical water transported by the conveyor and warm humid air transported by the North Atlantic Drift that causes the British Isles and Western Europe to be as warm (sic!) as they currently are. Without these, they would have a climate more like Labrador or Newfoundland! The report "predicts" that Britain and Europe would cool while the rest of the world heated up.

Volcanic ash can increase the Earth's albedo, which results in global cooling, but the effect is temporary. The amount of volcanic activity in the past year has been unusual, but that may simply be random and not indicative of a trend. The glacial cycle does not keep to a rigid schedule, it clearly depends on a lot of factors.

The report cited in the OP was not initiated by the Pentagon; they were ordered to take "environmental issues" into account in their future strategic planning by the Clinton administration.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I think you're clearly reading in between the lines, nowhere in that article did it say the rest of the world was going to heat up. What about the AGW models? They are total scientific garbage.

The glacial cycle is actually pretty regimented, just not in human terms.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

I think you're clearly reading in between the lines, nowhere in that article did it say the rest of the world was going to heat up.

Where did the article mention volcanoes? If you are familiar with the AGW model, you will know that what I described is part of the scenario. You'll notice that the article mentioned "global warming," but singled out Britain and Europe for cooling.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It snowed a lot in Georgia this last winter - more than I'd seen in my lifetime, but my dad who is in his 70s said that when he was a small boy it snowed a lot in Georgia. He could remember his dad being able to throw rocks at rabbits to kill them (for food) because they couldn't run fast in the snow.

Seems to me like if it's going to be happening within 20 years it needs to start pretty soon.
However, I don't trust the pentagon as far as I can throw them not to be as political as anyone else. Maybe more so.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

Why settle for second hand information, below is a link to this 2003 Pentagon report.

Pentagon Climate Report

Best regards,
Z

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
reply to post by Wulfric

Poppycock. The report starts off with global cooling causing rising water levels. That's the exact opposite of what happens...

During cooling events, at least at the start there is more flooding... Flooding is NOT caused by Global Warming...Global Warming CAUSES DROUGHTS NOT FLOODING...

No wonder the AGW fans are so confused, they have no idea what events cause what...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The AGW models are "poppycock", atmospheric CO2 is not the cause of any discernible warming, there are scientific reports which point to the fact that the oceans have/had been warming, but not because of atmospheric CO2. Even a NASA report from 2005 pointed to the fact that areas which are remote to large cities, away from sources of anthropogenic CO2, were the ones warming the most which CLEARLY suggest the warming is not caused by CO2/pollution...

Go to the bottom of the following link and you can clearly read the following...

Current warmth seems to be occurring nearly everywhere at the same time and is largest at high latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere. Over the last 50 years, the largest annual and seasonal warmings have occurred in Alaska, Siberia and the Antarctic Peninsula. Most ocean areas have warmed. Because these areas are remote and far away from major cities, it is clear to climatologists that the warming is not due to the influence of pollution from urban areas.

www.nasa.gov...

Let me point out the last part again....

...Because these areas are remote and far away from major cities, it is clear to climatologists that the warming is not due to the influence of pollution from urban areas.

edit on 26-6-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Wow. You read that entire article and that's what you took away from it? You seem to be missing the point of the OP. The OP was implying that a "secret" Pentagon report was predicting an ice age. It does not; it mentions that the British Isles and Western Europe will get colder and drier for the reasons I have explained above. It doesn't really matter whether global warming is due to CO2 emissions or not; it's a question of reading comprehension.
edit on 26-6-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join