It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical Past. A Must Have For All Researchers!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I was busy researching for another thread that I currently have, and found this gem. I could not possibly keep it to myself. This is one of those sites that can bring anyone's research to a whole new level.

Its called Critical Past.

View more than 57,000 historic videos and 7 million photos for FREE in one of the world's largest collections of royalty-free archival stock footage. Offering immediate downloads in more than 10 SD and HD formats, including screeners in all formats.

About Critical Past.

CriticalPast.com was formed by a team of archival research, film, and Internet professionals, working together to create one of the largest privately held online archival footage sources in the world. The collection spans thousands of hours of video, millions of still photos, and continues to grow. It is easily searched by professionals and non-professionals alike, and placing an order for footage or photos is simple and straight-forward.

Drawn largely from U.S. government agency sources, the clips and images in the CriticalPast.com collection are available for license without the clearance concerns encountered when ordering from typical stock footage providers. Our world-class storage and hosting environment and unique image processing algorithms allow us to instantly transcode our full-resolution moving images into your desired format on demand, filling your order in minutes instead of days or weeks. Our still photos are also available for download as JPEG files, or you may take advantage of our professional photo printing services and have prints delivered right to your door.

Among stock footage providers, CriticalPast.com is unique in offering immediate download of any footage or photo image in the collection, for most image formats. Or, if you prefer, we are happy to ship your order anywhere in the world. Search our vast collection, place an order, and experience how Critical Past satisfies the varying needs of professionals, while also providing consumers and enthusiasts worldwide with easy access to the world's most compelling archival images.

www.criticalpast.com...

And from PCMAG.com it was named one of the top Websites of 2010.

Need to dig into the past? Try Critical Past, which offers a collection of historic images and videos. They're completely royalty-free (though you still have to pay to use them off the site). If it got captured for the news in the early part of the 20th century, there's a good chance the footage you seek is here.

www.pcmag.com...

Enjoy friends, NRE.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I'm always looking for older references, to compare and contrast, etc. Thanks for sharing! Royalty-free photos are fun for my designs too.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The quality is impeccable also. There is a contact link that I think is helpful as I am looking for something imparticular, and I'm hoping that they can find it for me. I couldn't believe how much stuff they had.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks!! That site looks like somewhere I can spend HOURS........Just what I was looking for!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thought Id give this a bump, as its a great site, and I have been looking through it, and have realized that pictures and words make a hell of a difference

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Nice find, NRE.

Another bump, so more might find your thread.

S&F.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Thanks. Sometimes it surprises me when people pass over gems like this. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join