It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Conclusive: 100% Conclusive threads are crap.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this tread when I first got the idea in my head for it. I was scanning through the forums looking for the right place, then I stumbled upon the "Rants" forum. My head was spinning that I hadn't seen this forum before now.

Right now, the top thread on ATS is "99% Undeniable Conclusive Evidence That 9/11 Was An Inside Job." I have not read the thread, so, I can't say one way or the other if the OP put forth good evidence, but I can tell you, no matter how good the evidence is, it is not undeniable, nor conclusive. This is not to tear apart that OP, his thread, or his ideas. The point is that ATS, and society as a whole, need to remember that nothing is absolute. Unless you were there and were in the room with those that were plotting (whether it was government officials talking about placing bombs, or terrorists talking about taking the planes,) there is no way to know for sure. Granted, this case in particular left that 1% of uncertainty, which I applaud.

There are countless threads which wish to close the doors to opposing thoughts. If you have an idea and would like to discuss it on ATS, keep in mind that there will be those that do not agree with you and have evidence to the contrary of whatever you believe. I myself recently had a thread I thought to show good evidence for one of my beliefs. This evidence was shown to be faulty on the second page. Myself being an open-minded person, I thanked the person for showing me I was wrong and how, I didn't stop believing what I had previously, I simply recognized that I needed to find better evidence. But, there's always those that are so amazingly closed-minded that my thread continued with argument for three and a half more pages. If I had thought my evidence to be 100% conclusive, I would have been unable to see that my evidence was wrong and would have joined the others in calling this person "troll" and "sheeple."

ATSers aren't the only ones that are exceedingly closed-minded. Recently, my fiancee was talking with her friend about aliens, both of them conclusively agreeing that "there's no such thing as aliens." Okay, I'll admit, that's as viable a viewpoint as any when talking of aliens, but, just because you have no conclusive evidence that they do exist doesn't mean they are fictional. (Of course, my fiancee and her friend quickly decided I was just being a "dick.") People that are staunch believers in aliens need to see, however, that their point isn't proven either.

I guess my point in all this is people of both sides of any argument need to open their minds and provide constructive argument that may eventually lead to a true possibility. The only fact is that we are unaware or the facts.

Quick side note: Why is it people here on ATS feel the need to write their username at the end of their post?

Blah blah blah.
Second line.

-ATSer123

I know who you are. It says your username right to the left of your post. Not sure why that bugs me, but, given I'm posting this in the rant section, it seemed like as good a time as any to bring it up.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Best thing you could have done to the person who posted that, would have been to Alert it. It obviously wasn't contributing to whatever thread it was, and using 2'nd line doesn't count.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

hahaha that was just an example, though, I have seen posts with the same effect

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
yes, the 100% conclusive/concluded persons are boring and there's certainly no passion nor use in debating too long with them.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
dp
edit on 25-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: doublepost

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I love the way that "conclusive proof" so often comes in the form of YouTube videos.

...because everything you read on teh interwebz is true.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You know what I hate even more than the 100% conclusive threads? The "20 facts you DIDN'T know about ____! (UPDATED: FURTHER CONTENT INSIDE!!!)" threads. I don't know what it is, but I've been seeing way more of those threads popping up as of late, and it's beginning to piss me off. Instead of requiring a poster to think, they just read a bullet list of stuff and are asked to comment on it all.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dephyle
100% Conclusive: 100% Conclusive threads are crap., page 1

And that's the 100% conclusive truth.
Preach on brother....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
You know what I hate even more than the 100% conclusive threads? The "20 facts you DIDN'T know about ____! (UPDATED: FURTHER CONTENT INSIDE!!!)" threads. I don't know what it is, but I've been seeing way more of those threads popping up as of late, and it's beginning to piss me off. Instead of requiring a poster to think, they just read a bullet list of stuff and are asked to comment on it all.

Ah, crap, I was just about to post a "20 things you don't know about 100% conclusive proof threads" thread!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

hahahaha! Well played, sir or ma'am.

top topics

join