It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rochester police ticket attendees where lady was arrested on front yard who are parked more than 12

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the Rochester police chief says the officers hadn't been assigned to ruler patrol, and that an investigation will now take place—possibly to coincide with their other investigation regarding the circumstances surrounding Good's arrest.

Source gawker

So they weren't ordered to do it. Figures.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Oh, well. Good for them. Laa Dee da.

Bunch of entitlement class whiners in my opinion. But they are free to assemble, I'll give them that.

I've lost houses before due to circumsatnces beyond my control. I picked myself up, dusted myself off and moved on.

I have little sympathy for people who buy a house "zero down" from Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

Now those two organizations are conspiracy worthy.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This link shows the same footage,but it has a lot of peoples comments about the whole situation.
www.boingboing.net...
One of my favourites was....

I saw at least four patrol cars and four officers. Sounds like Rochester's PD is overstaffed if they can afford to send that many resources to a parking 'emergency.'

Edit..
And more HERE
edit on 25-6-2011 by gps777 because: I thought I made that clear already?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
If drivers cannot park within 12 inches of the curb, then they should NOT be driving in the first place. From some of the parking jobs that I have seen, I am glad to see this being enforced to be honest.

Edit: if this was done for reasons of spite due to that earlier incident that occurred there, then I do not agree with it. But if it was done purely for the sake of penalizing horrible parking jobs, than I am all for it.

A darn monkey can park a car within 12 inches of a curb for crying out loud...

edit on 25-6-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

Did you ever consider that the row of cars were deliberately parked that way, to provoke this intentionally?

One car, sure.. it happens.... all of them?

What are the odds?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Poppy cock. I am a woman driver, as such I have NO SPACIAL and have the hardest time parking, and often am out a tad from the curb, but still in with lots of room. I have to spend lots of time trying to parallel and avoid that, because of the crowds who draw close to laugh their heads off.

On the other hand, I have driven countless hours long distance, and am very careful, knowing I have bad spacial and have never had an accident in my life.

Women with lousy spacial, in the province of BC were safer driving than flying, outside the metropolis. Not so with the overconfident, great spacial male of the species, statistically.

So what you just said is not true, and sexist.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
its just too bad that newyork cops all need their heads crushed, same as them fricken asswipes from chicago.

its coming, that good ole mob justice just like V for Vendetta, but they know that and thats why they're pushing the envelope so the military can come in and put us all under marshal law...why else would they push us into a corner at every turn????

people must understand that a government that will send our children off to die on foreign soil and murder hundreds of thousand innocent people will kill each and every last one of us to have the world for themselves

I say we reverse the charges and cancel all their subscriptions

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Poppy cock. I am a woman driver, as such I have NO SPACIAL and have the hardest time parking, and often am out a tad from the curb, but still in with lots of room. I have to spend lots of time trying to parallel and avoid that, because of the crowds who draw close to laugh their heads off.

I dont mean this as a derail,just something to ponder as it could be another way to make revinue in general.

In reading your post Unity_99 it dawned on me the difference between the curbing of Rochester compared to the suburbs of Perth Australia,the curbing is aggressive in Rochester and anyone who cares for their car would be overly cautious and imo easily caught out by being an inch out too far.

Here`s a quick example of our curbs..www.realestate.com.au... see how flat they are,its nearly part of the road,these curbs are on corners and the other type which we have is a bit more aggressive yet still has a 45 degree bevel to it and they are down straight roads or non-existent.

So most people here when parking simply drive up the curb and straighten the car out.No damage,no fines.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I feel someone from the 19th Ward in Rochester, NY really needs to interject here. Crime stats are bad. Bad things happen it the Flour city. Unfortunately, in all my years of walking and driving, I would rather walk down most streets in the city of Rochester than drive down them. Why? Because the streets are too damn small for people to park a foot from the curb. I hate scraping paint off my car because other people cannot pull up to a curb. As of yet, I have yet to shot at or rolled for drug money.

If there is anything useful the cops in Rochester can be doing, it is ticketing the cars. Sending four cars to patrol one building for hours...is something a little different. The whole reason I did not buy the cop crying about how scared he was of Emily Good is because I know the biggest threat he faces on a regular basis in rochester is scraping the paint off his cruiser and he knows it too.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by pplrnuts

It does not matter. In Rochester, if you do not park right, you are going to get a ticket. It is really that simple. Even if 4 squad cars did not decide to be petty little jerks and go patrol parked cars I have no problem believing someone would have come along and ticketed them anyway. These are supposed to be people that care about their neighborhood so they should know that better than someone who got out and lives in a place with ample parking and driving room.

I understand it was overkill, it was revenge, etc. etc. But all the excuses about how people would fail to park within in a foot of the curb will get you a ticket in Rochester. Fail to switch sides, you will get a ticket. Park in a snow route on a day with no new snowfall, you will get a ticket. That is what happens in Rochester when you park badly because parking badly is an actual problem in Rochester, unlike little ladies with video cameras who are not actually causing anyone any trouble.

I am sorry but I hear the excuses and I understand but I also know that I had my driver's license about a month before I got my first ticket from the RPD. It does not take long to realize that the RPD have ample time to write parking tickets and love to do it. Any neighborhood organization should be pretty well aware of that.

It may not sound fair to people in the context of past events but the reality is that Rochester was not designed for street parking and only allows it within certain restrictions so that cars can still drive down streets without hitting each other or all the children that have no park or yard to play ball in.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I one time got a ticket for washing my car on my own lawn in my own front yard! That's California Communism for ya.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

If you watch the longer video that I linked earlier you will see that they did not just come there to ticket folks in a normal fashion, but rather remained in the surrounding area (driving by, sitting across the street) throughout the meeting in an attempt to intimidate them from having it.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by Kitilani

If you watch the longer video that I linked earlier you will see that they did not just come there to ticket folks in a normal fashion, but rather remained in the surrounding area (driving by, sitting across the street) throughout the meeting in an attempt to intimidate them from having it.

If you read what I wrote you would see that I stated that how they acted in this particular instance was obviously vengeful overkill.

In Rochester, if you do not park right, you are going to get a ticket. It is really that simple. Even if 4 squad cars did not decide to be petty little jerks and go patrol parked cars I have no problem believing someone would have come along and ticketed them anyway.

edit on 26-6-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by pplrnuts
If drivers cannot park within 12 inches of the curb, then they should NOT be driving in the first place. From some of the parking jobs that I have seen, I am glad to see this being enforced to be honest.

Edit: if this was done for reasons of spite due to that earlier incident that occurred there, then I do not agree with it. But if it was done purely for the sake of penalizing horrible parking jobs, than I am all for it.

A darn monkey can park a car within 12 inches of a curb for crying out loud...

edit on 25-6-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

Did you ever consider that the row of cars were deliberately parked that way, to provoke this intentionally?

One car, sure.. it happens.... all of them?

What are the odds?

Yeah. Keep licking them official boots and kissing official ass. No doubt you're right.
Those evil minded citizens all deliberately parked with their tires 12 1/2 inches to 14 inches from the curb just to provoke the Rochester PD into having 4 uniformed officers write petty little parking tickets. It's purely coincidental that the officers arrived to write tickets while those evil parkers met for a pow-wow in support of Ms. Goode. What the hell are you smoking today? Un-f**king believeable that you would post such an inane comment.
edit on 6/26/2011 by dubiousone because: Amplification.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

There seems to be a far larger point here and unfortunately these people at this meeting made it.
Were the cops going out of their way? Seems so.
Were they doing what they were doing, when, and how, out of revenge? Seems so.
Could they have been doing something better with their time? Seems so.
Were these cars actually parked illegally? Yes.

Doh!

See, maybe the next time people meet to discuss how unfair the cops are they will try not to actually break the law while having their meeting. It really helps your argument about how unfair cops are when you do not go ahead and break other laws while talking about it. Why give the cops a real reason to pester you when you could just park like normal person that lives in any modern American city?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senteri
reply to post by defcon5

There seems to be a far larger point here and unfortunately these people at this meeting made it.
Were the cops going out of their way? Seems so.
Were they doing what they were doing, when, and how, out of revenge? Seems so.
Could they have been doing something better with their time? Seems so.
Were these cars actually parked illegally? Yes.

Doh!

See, maybe the next time people meet to discuss how unfair the cops are they will try not to actually break the law while having their meeting. It really helps your argument about how unfair cops are when you do not go ahead and break other laws while talking about it. Why give the cops a real reason to pester you when you could just park like normal person that lives in any modern American city?

Selective targeting of disfavored groups by law-enforcement is itself an evil, even if the targets parked their cars 12 1/2 inches from the curb. The cops are sending the message to people that if they dare exercise their right to meet openly and discuss their displeasure with the way law enforcement operates, then they will be targeted by law enforcement and punished for the most petty of violations. The intent is to create a chilling effect upon the peoples willingness to engage in free and open discussion about these issues.
edit on 6/26/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
Selective targeting of disfavored groups by law-enforcement is itself an evil, even if the targets parked their cars 12 1/2 inches from the curb.

Parking that far from the curb in that neighborhood is a selfish, prick, moron thing to do. It is also against the law. It is against the law for a reason. If they want to protest that law, they should. If they want to park in the middle of the street, they should ride bikes.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

See, maybe the next time people meet to discuss how unfair the cops are they will try not to actually break the law while having their meeting.

If you watch the longer video they had no idea they had broken any law, and had to go ask the officers why they were being ticketed. At first they thought it was over a time issue.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Selective targeting of disfavored groups by law-enforcement is itself an evil, even if the targets parked their cars 12 1/2 inches from the curb. The cops are sending the message to people that if they dare exercise their right to meet openly and discuss their displeasure with the way law enforcement operates, then they will be targeted by law enforcement and punished for the most petty of violations. The intent is to create a chilling effect upon the peoples willingness to engage in free and open discussion about these issues.

You seem to have missed everything about what I said. If a cop regularly hassles me just because he does not like me, that is pretty damn unfair. If I start assaulting people when he is looking, I am going to have a tough time complaining about how unfairly he treats me when he arrests me for it. Right or wrong?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

See, maybe the next time people meet to discuss how unfair the cops are they will try not to actually break the law while having their meeting.

If you watch the longer video they had no idea they had broken any law, and had to go ask the officers why they were being ticketed. At first they thought it was over a time issue.

Too bad that it just so happened that they did break the law.
How lucky for the cops?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

You seem to have missed everything about what I said. If a cop regularly hassles me just because he does not like me, that is pretty damn unfair. If I start assaulting people when he is looking, I am going to have a tough time complaining about how unfairly he treats me when he arrests me for it. Right or wrong?

Were the cops ticketing everybody in the area who was 1/10 of inch or more too far from the curb or just the folks at that location? It seems clear they were targeting that specific group with the message that they'd better not f**k with law enforcement 'cause this is the least we can do to you. It carries the implication that if they don't desist they'll be experiencing far worse than a little parking ticket. Those cops were applying official intimidation under the color of the authority of their badges and uniforms. And you see nothing wrong with that? What the hell. Let's hurry up and install the police state . . . seems to be your attitude.
edit on 6/26/2011 by dubiousone because: Clarification

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join