It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rochester police ticket attendees where lady was arrested on front yard who are parked more than 12

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Youtube Video Here

Yes, you heard right! 4 squad cars were sent to ticket cars more than 12 inches away from the curb and they even brought a ruler with them!! Wow, this is our tax dollars at work, really? They honestly did not have anything better to do with their hours of shift??

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephlimKilla
Youtube Video Here

Yes, you heard right! 4 squad cars were sent to ticket cars more than 12 inches away from the curb and they even brought a ruler with them!! Wow, this is our tax dollars at work, really? They honestly did not have anything better to do with their hours of shift??

They are only collecting the money they need to in order to train the LEO's on how to handle people with video cameras

edit on 25-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If drivers cannot park within 12 inches of the curb, then they should NOT be driving in the first place. From some of the parking jobs that I have seen, I am glad to see this being enforced to be honest.

Edit: if this was done for reasons of spite due to that earlier incident that occurred there, then I do not agree with it. But if it was done purely for the sake of penalizing horrible parking jobs, than I am all for it.

A darn monkey can park a car within 12 inches of a curb for crying out loud...

edit on 25-6-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Thank you for embedding the video for me! Duh!! Moment on my account, thank you again.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

reply to post by NuroSlam

Thank you for embedding the video for me! Duh!! Moment on my account, thank you again.
not a problem at all really, we all have them on occasion, its the LEO that seems to thrive on it
edit on 25-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

But one of the vehicles he tickets the vehicle is 12 and a half inches!! Some were out there but most were very close...So half an inch costs me how much money? I'm going to start carrying a ruler just to be safe, don't want to p off big brother any more than he is. *sarcasm*

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
If drivers cannot park within 12 inches of the curb, then they should NOT be driving in the first place. From some of the parking jobs that I have seen, I am glad to see this being enforced to be honest.

Agreed on the parking, but this is an obvious example of police retaliation

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That’s police harassment and intimidation plain and simple.
Guess they need to money to pay the settlement when they are sued over the other incident.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
That right there is complete and utter, unadulterated, Grade A bovine scatology.

But.... the woman who started this wanted to create an uproar and get her 15 minutes so now everyone is going to have to ride out the s**tstorm. Not saying it is right but it's reality.

It's not just the department doing this either- something like this comes from the Mayor's office. No officer, not even a Chief, is going to start this kind of nonsense on their own initiative.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Well there you go folks.... You mess with one bad cop you mess with them all.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Nope- you mess with one bad cop the mayor's office lets loose the hounds of hell to intimidate those concerned into not being concerned anymore to forestall the inevitable lawsuit to follow.....

Or did you miss the part where I said no cop, even a Chief, would initiate a boneheaded move like this?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
That right there is complete and utter, unadulterated, Grade A bovine scatology.

But.... the woman who started this wanted to create an uproar and get her 15 minutes so now everyone is going to have to ride out the s**tstorm. Not saying it is right but it's reality.

If all it takes is standing on your own yard and recording public events to create a starstorm then something is fundamentally wrong and it NEEDS to be pointed out.

Why sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away? It doesn't.

And pretending it's OK because there are an alleged 'majority' of cops who are decent, is still not OK.

Any group that prides itself on it's good members but refuses to take care of it's bad members, is on the whole, a bad group. Time and time again we see not only this sort of behaviour, but we see nothing done at the end of the day, that fits the situation.

Not good enough.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

Originally posted by imitator

Nope- you mess with one bad cop the mayor's office lets loose the hounds of hell to intimidate those concerned into not being concerned anymore to forestall the inevitable lawsuit to follow.....

Or did you miss the part where I said no cop, even a Chief, would initiate a boneheaded move like this?

I think the word ALL covers everyone in the Rochester police department, even the mayor's office.... They all seem to be crooked Nazi SS wannabe's!

edit on 25-6-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

But it wasn't just standing and recording that led to the original arrest.

In the video of the original incident the woman's companions recover the camera and continue recording uninterrupted for the duration of the event and the officers did not attempt to seize the camera. 90% of police departments have dashcams and the officers are wired for sound anyway. Nothing was going on at that scene that was not already being recorded by the squad car.

The woman insisted on entering the officer's reactionary gap after having a negative interaction with the officer prior to starting her own camera. That smacks to me of attention wh*re looking to make money and have a viral YouTube video.

Be nice to see what the officer's mike picked up when they release it eventually.
edit on 25-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

At this point I agree.

The initial arrest IMO was justified. This nonsense was not and is utterly unacceptable.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Ok even so, all of that justifies sending 4 squad cars to measure to see if the residents of the area are properly parked? We are pretty much broke and you are ok with cops doing this on their shifts instead of handling the other 98% of worse crimes going on?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

News Release - Statement from Mayor Thomas S. Richards Regarding Arrest of Emily Good
City of Rochester

News Release
(Wednesday, June 22, 2011)
– I have seen the video that is on the Internet depicting a Rochester Police Officer arresting Emily Good in May. Although this incident occurred some time ago, the video has only recently come to our attention and no complaint has been filed by any of the participants.

Police Chief Sheppard has initiated an investigation and I am confident that he will conduct it fairly and fully. To the extent that some form of discipline is appropriate, he will see that it occurs.

When an incident like this occurs, I am ultimately responsible to ensure that the incident is investigated thoroughly and any disciplinary action that is warranted is taken. However, I also need to be sure that we are fair to the officers involved. I intend to faithfully fulfill both of those roles and I am not going to prematurely reach a conclusion about what happened or should have happened. I look forward to the results of Chief Sheppard’s investigation.

-30-

News Media: For more information, contact RPD Public Information Officer Stephen C. Scott at 428-7634.

I guess we are seeing exactly how “fairly and fully” Police Chief Sheppard’s investigation into this incident is going to be conducted…

edit on 6/25/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by SFA437

Ok even so, all of that justifies sending 4 squad cars to measure to see if the residents of the area are properly parked? We are pretty much broke and you are ok with cops doing this on their shifts instead of handling the other 98% of worse crimes going on?

Nope... nor do I ever recall saying that- can you please point out where I did?

As a matter of fact I do believe I said that is WASN'T right. That being mentioned what exactly are you trying to say?
edit on 25-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
How disgustingly obvious that this lady was very close to the police doing? their job.Than the lady on her front lawn,that was so threatening and distracting to the other cop and got arrested for it.

If anyone hasn`t seen the other footage....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-6-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

I did not accuse you of saying that, you were just stating how the woman was edging everything on and accusing her of trying to make money, I understand looking at both sides of the coin but I was just curious if even that was the case, in your mind does it justify the actions?

The woman insisted on entering the officer's reactionary gap after having a negative interaction with the officer prior to starting her own camera. That smacks to me of attention wh*re looking to make money and have a viral YouTube video.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join