It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Caught Running False Flag Against Second Amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Before this story of "project gunrunner" or "fast and furious" broke, the extra wide paint brush was being used to place the blame on US owned and operated gun stores. They wanted us to believe that all of these expensive and well regulated class III weapons were coming from mom and pop gun shops. This notion was set to pave the way for strict restrictions if not bans on "black rifles". The media was all over the story and the local gun shops back then. Fortunately, this story broke.

Okay, thanks, jibeho.......

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Masinger

It's simple. The current administration has been blaming Drug War violence on the availability of American guns in an attempt to justify restricting our citizens' gun ownership rights. What they conveniently fail to mention is that it was THEY who allowed the guns into Mexico, Their secret of whodunit got exposed when the Border Patrol Agent got killed.

Thanks, Masinger.....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by vlady95

I wonder when it will hit the MSM and really allow the public to know what's happening? :

The clip is from CNN...does not get much more Main-Stream than that...
2nd

so CNN does one report, then ignores the story, and later claims the whole thing is 'old news'.
if this were a Repub pres this would be getting more coverage than the stupid Casey Anthony stuff

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Should we get Holder to sign a declaration that he has no intention of committing suicide before He gets a chance to talk some more?

I'm just asking.

OR? Should he get his brakes checked on his Car?

Accidents DO happen ya know.

How high up does this really go? You think Obama REALLY gave a nudge nudge wink wink on this?

This could be epic if true .

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I wonder what the Mexican government is saying now?

Are they going to still blame American gun owners for the violence in their country or are they going to shift the blame to the Obama administration?

Are Mexican Americans and illegals going to start getting mad at what Obama was caught doing to their home country?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Jon Stewart actually talked about this on the daily show a few nights ago.

On his program last night, Jon Stewart mocked the ATF plan, in which the agency asked gun dealers to allow sales of weapons to individuals they suspected were straw purchasers so they could track where the weapons ended up.

"If this was the plan that they went with, what plan did we reject?" Stewart asked. "I'm going to assume this was some little-brain, lot of balls idea coming out of the ATF's local office. Couple of guys going renegade, not running things through the chain of command, like their acting director, Ken Melson, he didn't know," Stewart said, before airing clips discussing the video feed Melson had set up in his office so he could watch the straw buys take place at cooperating gun dealerships.

"You're baiting me. So the head of the ATF didn't just know about this plan, he's Tivoing it," Stewart said. After airing a clip of Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) holding up copies of heavily redacted documents turned over by the Justice Department, Stewart cued up a "graphics filter" to show what the DOJ was hiding: a cartoon hand giving Issa the middle finger.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Just thought I'd add this.....

The documents were completely blacked out...and the video shows the complete negligence on behalf of the ATF.
edit on 25-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Since when are the mexican the "enemies" ? I didnt know we were at war with Mexico. When the hell did this happen.???

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Since when are the mexican the "enemies" ? I didnt know we were at war with Mexico. When the hell did this happen.???

Live in an Arizona border town for a bit, and you might get why I used the words, "enemy combatants". I never said that we were at war, that requires a declaration from congress. On that note, we aren't technically at war with ANYONE. There are however, several countries which have criminal elements working within that are killing and being killed by our soldiers and government officers. To most people, that certainly defines, "war". By the way, I never said that Mexicans are our enemies. The enemy combatants that I was referring to are the drug cartels, many of which are not even Mexican, they are often from Central and South America, and are killing the Mexican people even more than Americans. Don't be so quick to jump on the "you're a racist" bandwagon, you can't fight ignorance with more ignorance.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

The Mexicans are not the enemy, the cartels that take over the border with terror are the enemy

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have family in Arizona. It's getting scary there. And I thought the gun shops tried to tell the ATF what was going on and the ATF basically told them to shut up and sit down.

Crystal

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vlady95

Don't you guys get it? He's NOT born in the US. He HATES America, and what better way to destroy America than to become the president?

You guys! he worships Allah! the false God (aka SATAN). The only christian church he attended was with pastor wright who said things like God DAMN America.

He is a pawn of Satan and quite possibly the anti christ. Why do you think he gave that speech about dividing Israel? We all know Israel has been God's chosen race since Abraham. (Wether or not you believe in God you know Israel has been around for a long time and worshiping God) Satan seeks to destroy the Zionists. He hates them. He hates God... And all the christian Americans. And so does Obama.

Well, am I surprised at this news? Nope. And I expect more of this stuff in the months to come.
edit on 25-6-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
All coutesy of TPTB to make it just that much easier for them to deweaponize us so that we cannot fight back when TSHTF! That is all this is, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I believe in the Second Amendment, but this is not a 'false flag operation' to destroy it.

It was a poorly planned, poorly executed sting.

Ineptitude does not a conspiracy make.

And why would any of you think that, if in the event of an us versus 'the government' situation, your little pistols and hunting rifles are going to pose any kind of problem for them?

You do realize violence is what happens when intelligent critical thinking ceases.

Guns don't kill people, idiots with guns and fragmentary thinking processes kill people.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm surprised this got out at all.. As always it'll be one fall guy then onto the next story. What were these people even thinking? How could you possibly track guns in Mexico.. Gosh at least install a tracking device in them or something.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vlady95

The problem is that the Mexican government and military has become so corrupt that they and the drug cartels are basically one and the same. Mark my words, Mexico is no friend as Bush, Clinton, and Obama have claimed. Their ultimate goal is to "reconquer" the US Southwest (CA, AZ, NM, TX) which they view as being stolen from them. In a 1997 speech then Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo claimed that "the Mexican nation extends beyond it's borders" implying that the US Southwest belongs to Mexico.

Bear in mind that this is not a war in the traditional sense like people think but rather what is known as 4th generation warfare. This is where the lines between soldier and non-combatant become blurry, where terrorism rather than actual warfare is common. Look it up, it describes the situation on the Mexican border perfectly.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Is it just me or is the government that stupid that they couldn't put a GPS tracking device into each gun? Maybe a RFID chip? I mean come on!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

You wonder when it will hit the MSM ? Really ? Its all over the news on every network...newspaper and magazine. You need to at least check the facts before you pul out the old MSM line of they never report anything. If you nes consist soley of Infowars then that ain't gona cut it as you will miss most of what happens in the real world that way.

www.foxnews.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

abcnews.go.com...

articles.cnn.com...:US

www.usatoday.com...< br />
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I find it hard to discuss something like this to people because every time I try I always find myself being sidetracked by them trying to either change the subject real fast or trying to dismiss it as an,"oh thats just crazy" remark.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

In their minds as long as it is not affecting their everyday lives then it is not an issue. People just don't understand what is happening down in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and in California. Their image of Mexico is a land filled with people wearing sombreros drinking tequila, and of places like Cancun and Cabo San Lucas. They don't understand how bad things are down there ... and that our own damn government is facilitating this. Those guns are confirmed to have killed 1 US Border Patrol agent and I wouldent be surprised if they killed more Americans as well.
edit on 25-6-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Well no. RFID devices would have been impractical for an "undercover" sting. The gun shops themselves were the ones initially reporting possible straw purchasers. They called the BATFE, and were told to ring up the sales, and forward all information over to them for investigation.

"Hey, wait a minute, the system is down, why don't you come back tomorrow to pick up these 10 AR-15's." or a similar line to provide the window to install tracking devices, etc would have just spooked the bad guys.

Also, guns generally disassemble fairly easily, therefore if you can stick something on it, they can easily find it and remove it, and the game is also up.

To me this is just a side step to a backwards police operation to begin with. We have known since last year that the BATFE "data" supporting the early phases of these operations were fraudulent, among other things making no distinction between legitimate government to government arms sales to Mexico with corrupted officials likely selling them to cartels, guns with counterfeit US markings, guns legitimately sold to foreign markets and smuggled to Mexico, otherwise legal firearms stolen in the US, and plain old straw purchased guns from gun stores (which is what they were supposedly targeting with this).

We now can assume that the straw purchased guns are a percentage of the above, and thanks to bungling, we have no idea what the percentage is or was. We know of at least one though, since it was used to kill a US CBP agent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join