It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange electrical occurances since father died¬

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone can help shed some light on this for a friend of mine,but ever since her dad died all electical equipment around her has been acting weird. for example whenever there is an argument in the house the TV screen starts jumping as if the tracking is playing up,once things calm it stops, Lights switch on and off by themselves, A fan in the spare room has what sounds like a radio signal coming from it even when it isn't switched on! Mobile phones screens keep jumping, I actually witnessed this myself! and it isn't just this phone I saw it happen to & I witnessed that at work! Electrical equipment around her stops working or things that haven't worked before suddenly start working.
My friend has also recently started seeing someone (5 weeks) and he has said he can feel something in her Living room has also described in an area that he can feel that something would be laying there,and my friend has said that when her dad was still here he would lay on the sofa in that exact spot-which her boyfriend could never have know!
My friend has just grown accustomed to these goings on as they have been going on for 2 years,but her new boyfriend is getting worried as he feels something is trying to stop him being there!

Any suggestions? I think her dad,if so how could we get him to move on? any help would be appreciated......

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
that is still a area of high speculation..... but i think the best method would be to respect the way he would have wanted things to be ..... otherwise if that is not a option then she would have to see a priest or a paranormal group

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by special

I've heard of people who have such strong emotions (sometimes due to major life event) that it either attracts a poltergeist, or who is actually emitting poltergeist-like energy themselves. I found website that mentions the emotional connection with the random activity this energy can cause, www.mysticalblaze.com...

This might not be the case with your friend, but hopefully it goes away.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
For starters, quit fighting and clean house. Maybe the ghost dad wants some peace and quiet while resting on his favorite sofa spot.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Perhaps he is saying "THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH"?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by special

It could be her dad, it could be something else as well.
But personally I'm more inclined to believe it is her dad.... I had so many many many strange occurences both after my brother and my dad died that I have to believe in life after death. (I did many threads on those so I'm not going into detail about that here)

I don't think anything needs to be done about it though, as the poster above me said, maybe he's just trying to make clear to her that there is more to life and death then wat we assume. Or maybe this is just what she needs to come to terms with his death? (I know it helped me a lot to have these experiences)
After a while the strange things will slowly stop.

If she believes it is her dad, maybe she can let him know that 'she knows'.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Your last line in your post was eerily brilliant.
When my Father died suddenly from a stroke I was working alone at night and It was as if he was a shadow imprinted on my soul for a time, he once moved a sock above my head onto my head whilst I was in bed.
Nothing normal could have been the cause for a sock to fly from the bed headrest above my head to mov eforward and then splat against my forehead.
Yes Gradually the strange feeling and occurences subsided , but your post made me think, he wanted a reply.
I actually feel guilty because I just wanted the pain to go away.
Death is so sad

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by special

Perhaps it is because the dad kept all the electrical stuff in check and now its grown faulty?

top topics

join