Babies born to ethnic minorities outnumber number of white toddlers for first time in U.S history

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

"Add to the overall experience of America"? Add WHAT exactly? More crime and racial tension? Perhaps barbaric customs like female genital mutilation?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

Define progressive. It is undeniably subjective.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights

Just about everyone, of all races, prefer to be in communities of their own race.

This is obviously not quite the case. If it were, non-Whites wouldn't insist on invading White lands in droves.

White flight takes place whenever non-whites start to move in. A 'diverse' neighborhood is about as rare as a penguin in the desert.

Diversity is uncommon, you say? Huh!?!? This is unfortunately not true at all. It is ubiquitous.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

"Add to the overall experience of America"? Add WHAT exactly? More crime and racial tension? Perhaps barbaric customs like female genital mutilation?

Are you asking what the italians brought to the overall american experience?

Well, we brought pizza first off

and of course, there is some good must see tv...and las vegas...sanatra, (I could go on).

And genital mutilation? what..like piercings? whats wrong with that?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

There is much celebration of european places. Oktoberfest (germany), St. Patricks day (Ireland), Mardi Gras (France).

It's considered unacceptable for whites to talk of advancement or preservation of whites as a whole. This is not the case for non-whites.

the concept of acknowledging european culture has little to do with demographic makeup of the united states...

All white culture will disappear when whites disappear. Whites are dwindeling in numbers in Europe as well.

and frankly, if you want to truely make it about a cultural issue...clearly minoritys have a stronger influence on culture anyhow...(chinatown anyone..seems the smaller the demographic, the more pronounced the culture is)

That's because non-whites are ALLOWED to embrace their culture. You honestly think that if whites were a minority that non-whites would be as welcoming and embracing of whites and their culture as whites have been for the last 50 or so years? Think again.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne

Just about everyone, of all races, prefer to be in communities of their own race.

This is obviously not quite the case. If it were, non-Whites wouldn't insist on invading White lands in droves.

White flight takes place whenever non-whites start to move in. A 'diverse' neighborhood is about as rare as a penguin in the desert.

Diversity is uncommon, you say? Huh!?!? This is unfortunately not true at all. It is ubiquitous.

just watching the bigots start attacking each other for a bit.

Personally, I go with financial and intellectual peers for my comfort...the color of their skin, hair, or eyes rarely influence who I am comfortable around person to person.

I don't enjoy being around a group of youthful men of pretty much any color...because the youth of today are simply idiotic.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I'm talking about neighborhoods in specific. The diversity that you can't seem to get away from goes back to the concept of white flight that I mentioned. Non-whites move in, whites move out. I'm sure Hispanic immigrants wouldn't be so eager to be here if they weren't given free handouts.
edit on 6/25/2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

No one was attacking anyone.

To those of you who are fond of diversity, do you make sure your children attend diverse schools? Do you make an effort to live in a diverse area?

Saturn, we're not talking about individuals here. We're talking about group dynamics.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

There is much celebration of european places. Oktoberfest (germany), St. Patricks day (Ireland), Mardi Gras (France).

It's considered unacceptable for whites to talk of advancement or preservation of whites as a whole. This is not the case for non-whites.

Do we need to? the majority has it pretty easy overall in any nation...more connections
This is a logical retort, conceptually I agree with you...and I stated that things like the naacp as an example organization is arguably a racist organization...BET is arguably a racist channel

Intellectually, its done like that because minorities do have a tougher time in a country than the majority (white entertainment tv is arguably all the rest of the channels)

the concept of acknowledging european culture has little to do with demographic makeup of the united states...

All white culture will disappear when whites disappear. Whites are dwindeling in numbers in Europe as well.

Again, which culture in specific are you discussing? white culture is the same as saying latin culture...theres tons of differences between a spanish and a mexican though..looks, culture, etc...I can help you find the purity you seek should you actually define what it is your seeking...which culture?

and frankly, if you want to truely make it about a cultural issue...clearly minoritys have a stronger influence on culture anyhow...(chinatown anyone..seems the smaller the demographic, the more pronounced the culture is)

That's because non-whites are ALLOWED to embrace their culture. You honestly think that if whites were a minority that non-whites would be as welcoming and embracing of whites and their culture as whites have been for the last 50 or so years? Think again.

You must define which white race you are discussing...if your asking if there is a hooters in mexico, well, newsflash, There is

What specific culture are you discussing?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

just watching the bigots start attacking each other for a bit.

Personally, I go with financial and intellectual peers for my comfort...the color of their skin, hair, or eyes rarely influence who I am comfortable around person to person.

I don't enjoy being around a group of youthful men of pretty much any color...because the youth of today are simply idiotic.

Amen, the youth are bleeding idiots! And I'm 14. I love watching the bigots fight, thank god we have rules here. If this was GLP we would be fighting with broken beer bottles and shoes. This is fairly peaceful.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Either you're trolling or completely in the dark.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

"Bigots"? "Attacking"? Strange choice of words you have there. I wasn't "attacking" her at all; and please, tell me, how could we be considered "bigots"? I'm really not following you.

Anyway, if you really hate Whites and love diversity so much, then why don't you just move to sub-Saharan Africa? It should be interesting to see how long you last.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Saturn, we're not talking about individuals here. We're talking about group dynamics.

Same here
Group dynamics, I am comfortable with my economic group (and higher..gotta reach up). If I was a millionare, I wouldn't live in redneck slums because of mostly white people, nor would I want to live in beverly hills if I was dealing with living in the back of a van...

Within that neighborhood of my financial peers, I would associate with people whom I found interesting...that is both group and personal dynamics.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

how could we be considered "bigots"? I'm really not following you.

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing race, ethnicity, religion or spirituality, nationality, inter-regional prejudice, gender and sexual orientation, homelessness, various medical disorders particularly behavioral disorders and addictive disorders. Forms of bigotry may have a related ideology or world views.

Anyway, if you really hate Whites and love diversity so much, then why don't you just move to sub-Saharan Africa? It should be interesting to see how long you last.

Hate white? huh? where did you pull that from? I am white? I prefer white females, I am a fan enough of european heritage to not just yack in some forum as I sit in a trailer in arkansas, but actually spend years exploring the area and finding my roots.

I quite like white people...

I am just not under the false understanding that the white heritage is somehow superior biologically, nor will I even suggest that white culture is better than others.

You can convince me of that the day egyptian or greek contributions are suddenly forgotten, or that our current far east spike in technological superiority isn't making the anglo europeans look like little more than monkeys banging rocks.

If I wanted to go to the superior race, from my point of view...I would move to tokyo or denmark. (technological verses political superiority)
edit on 25-6-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

No, not trolling...do explain.

I want to know the stats on american female genial mutiliation.

Do tell

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Huh? What about Greece and Egypt?

And as for the technological prowess of East Asians.....hmm, I think they're pretty much just working with White ideas - computers, robotics, etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

No, not trolling...do explain.

I want to know the stats on american female genial mutiliation.

Do tell

No it doesn't happen in america, unless in MK-Ultra type situations. in certain african countries they do it. I saw a PBS special on it once or twice. It stops the women from overpopulating by cutting off a certain female part. Understand ?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Personally think this thread is pretty racially insensitive, using the word "minorities" as if it means "leper" and quite surprised it is allowed. Mods should move it to the trash bin.

Why? the thread is about whites not being the supermajority race in north america...some people need to express their views and concerns about that.

As far as minorities being a insensitive term...naa, it is accurate. a person of an ethnic background that is not the majority of the land your in makes you a minority...if your part of a political party not representing the majority vote, guess what...your political views are the minority, etc...

I guess your the one seeing minorities as lepers...I see it as simply a descriptive word encompassing things not in the majority.

mods should keep this where its at.

Thanks for this. Very informative. Wasn't sure where you stood but this clears it up. I hope we are both entitled to our opinions.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Huh? What about Greece and Egypt?

Read a history book...you will find the greek and egyptians pretty much defined the roots of western civilization..rome moved in and eventually conquored, taking the knowledge and spread it.

Some say the middle east in general taught the west to stop being cavemen and brought civilization, but I disagree, clearly the biggest influence on our renissance of knowledge started initially around the medeterranian..

diversity...go figure.

anyhow, it was religion that then stomped out that progress out for a considerable amount of time...again by roman might (thanks early christian church!).

And as for the technological prowess of East Asians.....hmm, I think they're pretty much just working with White ideas - computers, robotics, etc.

You can think what you want, and there is an element of truth to that...what makes a culture great though, the initial spark, or the use of it
nuclear weapons were a german idea, but an american achievement
advanced mathmatics was an arabic idea
gunpowder was a far east innovation
Beer was an egyptian invention (along with paper writing and ox driven plows)
The Submarine was invented by the spanish (combustion engine propelled anyhow)
etc...

I am of the opinion the idea means little, the person whom develops the idea is the one whom is adding to the greater cultural achievements of a civilization...

Now, if you want to change the conversation from white culture to western, and more generally, western and mediterranean culture, then I am all about the flag waving then...the west kicks in creativity...or at least used to...now the sun has set on the west and is rising again in the east.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
FYI SPIN:

(op is) using the word "minorities" as if it means "leper"

readily translates to

I guess your the one seeing minorities as lepers

This is how it is done folks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join