It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgery: Deviated Septum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I had this done about a week ago and man is it painful. My pain medication(percet) knocks me out, so I either live with bad pain or sleep on the Meds. This was my first time going under the knife and I really regret it so far. I have not been able to work or do much of anything, my nose drips a blood/snot mix, the slightest bump causes the worse pain, and the pain medicine has messed up my sleep paterns severely.

The surgeon was quick in deciding on the operation and before I knew it I was getting prepped for surgery. Why is it that doctors are so quick to put someone under the knife and dont fill you in on the lengthy and painful recovery?

Also I need a mask to protect my nose when I go surfing, like the ones NBA players wear when they suffer broken noses(Richard Hamilton wore one in this year's finals) and would really appreciate anybody who can direct me to somewhere in cyber space that I could possibly find one.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Is this what you are looking for?

Link

Why did your doc think the surgery had to be done so quickly? Anyway, I hope you're feeling better.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I saw that sight, problem with it is I need one that is custom fitted because those just dont cut it.
My nose was broken in a fight that I didnt start and definitely didnt finish(yet) which resulted in the deviated septum. The doctor wanted to do surgery before the bone healed abnormally. I am going to call my local NBA team and see if they cant refer me to a doctor that can mold me a mask. Recovering from this sucks and I couldnt imagine the painful recovery process before hand. I could of gotten a nose job to go along with the surgery, it is common practice for doctors to use an injury or something else to write on the paper work so insurance will cover procedures that are not normally covered.

new topics

join