It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: NY Passes Gay Marriage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

You can call me a Homophobe or whatever , be Gay if you want , you have been told and told about it and you made your decision , just dont understand why you want to be Married in God's eyes , why not provoke a CIVIL UNION instead of Marriage?

I will agree to this however. It does seem odd for a gay person to want a religious marriage but then again not all gay people are nonreligious.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Legal marriage is not religious marriage.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Then shouldn't it be classified differently?

Ah anyways I think it's great that New York thinks gay people can legally live with each other for their whole lives.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

How differently? Even atheists get married, legal marriage is a secular institution.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
Up until yesterday, marriage was THE fundamental principal by which moral reproduction was based.

Oh, my God! So dramatic! Gay marriage has been legal in 5 other states for years. NOTHING has happened to any straight marriages or families because of that. Reproduction still works. Morality still works. NOTHING has changed.

This is what we taught our children, that they should not have children until they are married.

And people will continue to teach their children that. NOTHING has changed.

With this legislation, that all goes right out the window and makes all children b@stards.

Yes, all children became bastards yesterday.
What drama!

Marriage can no longer be the primary tenet of moral reproduction if it no longer has anything to do with reproduction.

Again, you're right. Straight married people will no longer be able to reproduce. Oh, the humanity. We shall all die. Gay marriage killed the world.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by Maslo

I don't know if people realize how marriage works or what.

1. You apply to the STATE (government) for a license to marry.
2. Choose a government-qualified person to marry you. Once you have a license to marry (a MARRIAGE license) then you get married by an ordained minister, a Justice of the Peace, a Deputy Commissioner of Marriages or a boat captain. It may be at the courthouse, on the beach, in a hot-air balloon or in a church. But in ALL cases, you get legally MARRIED.

SOME people choose a church, but the religious element of marriage is an ADDITION to the legal element. ALL married people are married legally, regardless if there was a church involved or not. I got married at the courthouse in shorts by a Justice of the Peace. No religion, no "eyes of God", nothing religious whatsoever. My husband and I are atheists. Yet we are legally married.

The legal base is the foundation of marriage in this country. If a couple wants more, they can add a religious aspect. But people have been getting married in this country without religion since legal marriage began. Religion is not the father of marriage - the law is. Religion is trying to claim marriage, a legal institution, and it's not going to happen.

I'm just explaining that for some who don't seem to understand it.

edit on 6/27/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamwatcher

Originally posted by guessing
yeah um there should be a law passed that allows human /animal marriage too.

then we would all be on the same page....

Incest = Real scientific reasons why sex/marriage should not happen. Recessive genes will become dominant in couples having children that are too closely related causing all sorts of birth defects.

Gay = Real scientific reasons why sex/marriage should not happen. Sex in the anus does not produce offspring, only hemmoroids and the spread of fecal matter. Proliferation of AIDS.
edit on 27-6-2011 by SonofPeleus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofPeleus

Gay = Real scientific reasons why sex/marriage should not happen. Sex in the anus does not produce offspring, only hemmoroids and the spread of fecal matter. Proliferation of AIDS.

Heterosexual people have lots of anal sex too. Duhh.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SonofPeleus

1. Stopping gay marriage isn't going to stop gay people from having sex.
2. Not all gay people have anal sex.
3. Offspring are not required to be married.
4. Marriage and sex are 2 different things.
5. AIDS is spread via heterosexual sex, too.

Muddying the water with made-up 'scientific reasoning' only shows how illogical your position is.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No Benevolent Heretic you don't see it.

You don't see it.

Now that gay marriage is legal in new york.. The laws of nature have changed. You see. I (a male) am now able to procreate with another man.

And I will surely do so out of gay marriage since it is now possible to do so..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Oh! OK. Kewl! Congrats on that.

And since the laws of nature have changed, I guess babies will now give birth to grown adults, the tides will have nothing to do with the moon, rain will fall up and birds and bees will fall out of the sky!

Darn! This does mess everything up! Damn those gays!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
Now that gay marriage is legal in new york.. The laws of nature have changed. You see. I (a male) am now able to procreate with another man.

And I will surely do so out of gay marriage since it is now possible to do so..

You will?

Please post your wedding and the child you procreate with another man.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I am sorry that you missed the point entirely.

But we can no longer teach our children that they should wait to be married to have children as being married now has nothing to do with reproduction. Children are not stupid and will resent the hypocrisy of their parents lesson, reject it, and have children out of wedlock all according to the design of a Marxist NWO agenda.
edit on 27-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

But we can no longer teach our children that they should wait to be married to have children as being married now has nothing to do with reproduction.

Nothing has changed in the relationship between marriage and children. If people can't teach their children what they want them to learn, then they are bad parents. Don't blame your lack of parenting skills on gay people.

Children are not stupid and will resent the hypocrisy of their parents lesson,

If parents are being hypocritical, that's their own fault, not gay people's. You're using gay people as a scapegoat for ineffective parenting.

... reject it, and have children out of wedlock

Are you suggesting that children are NOT having babies out of wedlock now? That's been happening forever!
Children have been resenting the hypocrisy of their parents teachings LONG before any gays were married. You can't blame your own hypocrisy on gay people, either. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Those that have fought so hard for the right of Legal Marriage and family - - - are the ones who will value it.

I wouldn't say those who've been automatically given the privilege for quite some time - - - are on any glorified pedestal of value and appreciation - - just because they are of opposite gender.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You are still rejecting the point to suit your own agenda.

Once again...

Marriage can no longer be the primary tenet of moral reproduction if it no longer has anything to do with reproduction.

edit on 27-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I swear - - ever since the Bush era - - I've begun to hate the word MORAL.

Its become the all-encompassing umbrella for the Christian right. If you don't fit into their tight little programmed box of socially acceptable - - you are Not MORAL.

What a load of crap.

Talk about a "word" meaning something. The Christian Right are so hypocritical - - that their use of the world MORAL doesn't have any value anymore.

I'll just use my own words - - which still have meaning. Personal Responsibility and Integrity.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am neither Christian nor Republican.

But hating morality seems to fit with what you support.

I support being married before you have children, but now that does not matter.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I am not rejecting your point. I'm disagreeing with it.

Marriage DOESN'T have anything to do with reproduction.
Reproduction happens outside marriage and marriage happens without reproduction. They are two different things.

Your statement is false. Marriage CAN still be a primary tenet of moral reproduction in your life. Teach your children those morals. Have at it.

pssst - It never has mattered.

edit on 6/27/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I am neither Christian nor Republican.

But hating morality seems to fit with what you support.

Funny. You often accuse people of reading comprehension.

Where did I say I hate Morality? I never said anything of the sort.

I said the word MORAL - - - has lost the value of its meaning because of the hypocrites that "wear it like a beacon".

You don't really have to be Christian or Republican to be of the same mindset.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join