It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: NY Passes Gay Marriage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
yeah um there should be a law passed that allows human /animal marriage too.

then we would all be on the same page....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

There's always someone who has to throw this ignorance into the mix.

Right along with pedophile and incest.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
wow, I'm a man and in My bedroom i like to go down on women
why can't I get special rights for what happens in My bedroom

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Then there is always someone who fuels the fire, adds and expands upon ambigious comments and makes assumptions based on their own ignorance

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Human/Animal = Consent issues, an animal cannot consent to sex/marriage.

Children/pedophilia = Consent issues, A child cannot consent to sex/marriage.

Incest = Real scientific reasons why sex/marriage should not happen. Recessive genes will become dominant in couples having children that are too closely related causing all sorts of birth defects.

Can we now cut out the slippery slope crap. Almost all the examples given violate CONSENT. Two adults, regardless of sex, are able to give consent to marriage.Children, animals and people considered too developmentally disabled to make their own decisions cannot give CONSENT.

Exactly...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamwatcher

Incest = Real scientific reasons why sex/marriage should not happen. Recessive genes will become dominant in couples having children that are too closely related causing all sorts of birth defects.

You are assuming that they would elect to have kids. That's like assuming gays are promiscuous and cruise truck stops. You are also assuming that the incest is not homosexual.

And what about polygamy?

EDIT to add: The birth defect argument doesn't really hold any water either, as defects only become apparent after generations of inbreeding.
edit on 25-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamwatcher

Children/pedophilia = Consent issues, A child cannot consent to sex/marriage.

The following should not be construed in any way as an endorsement of sex with minors, rape, or any other criminal activity:

Speaking to the point of sex with minors, it is illegal based upon the premise that minors lack the mental faculties possessed by an adult, in order to form the basis of consent to a sexual act. This appears to be a fallacy however, as the same courts which uphold this premise on the one hand, also finds, in other cases, that the minor DOES in fact have the wherewithal to act as an adult when criminal culpability is being weighed against them.

To put it more simply, the courts say a minor cannot consent to sex because they are not an adult, yet the courts themselves can find that regardless of age, the child is an adult, can be tried as an adult, and can even be executed as an adult. The youngest person so be executed in the US was 14 years old. 22 juvenile offenders have been executed since 1976.

In New York State, the age of consent is 17 rather than 18. But it is interesting to note that a 16 year old minor can also be tried as an adult for rape for having sex with a minor under 17, EVEN IF THE VICTIM IS THE SAME AGE.

The only minimum age for a perpetrator of first degree rape/criminal sexual act with a victim under 11 (NY Penal Law §§ 130.35[3] & 130.35[3]), sexual abuse in the first and second degrees (NY Penal Law §§ 130.65[3] & 130.60[2]), and misdemeanor Sexual misconduct (NY Penal Law § 130.20) is provided by the defense of infancy found at NY Penal Law § 30.00(1). That age is 16 years old. Someone under that age may be adjudicated a juvenile delinquent, but may not commit these crimes. On the other hand, someone who is 16 years old commits a crime by voluntarily having sex with anyone who cannot themselves legally consent to sex, including another 16-year-old, even if this "victim" is actually older. (People v. Bowman, 88 Misc. 2d 50; 387 N.Y.S.2d 982 [City Crim. Ct. 1976]; Matter of Jessie C., 164 A.D.2d 731; 565 N.Y.S.2d 941 [4 Dept., 1991].) In effect, mutual crimes are committed when two unmarried 16-year-old individuals voluntarily have sex with each other in New York State, each being the "victim" of the other.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The word is INFORMED consent. Even a child or an animal can sometimes give consent to sex, but it is not informed consent as required by law.
edit on 26/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
The word is INFORMED consent. Even a child or an animal can sometimes give consent to sex, but it is not informed consent as required by law.
edit on 26/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

I don't see how an animal can give consent.

And as far as informed consent goes, as I just showed above, the courts have ruled that children were "informed" enough to be executed in some cases, and tried as adults in many many more cases.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Congratulations to New Yorkers. No one in good conscience can oppose the freedom to marry another consenting adult and claim to support the Constitution and what it stands for.

Originally posted by CobraCommander
And as far as informed consent goes, as I just showed above, the courts have ruled that children were "informed" enough to be executed in some cases, and tried as adults in many many more cases.
That’s primarily because of the severity and nature of the crimes. In the US the guidance for judges to make a determination whether to try a minor as an adult is set in the Supreme Court case Kent v. United States (1966)—

An offense falling within the statutory limitations (set forth above) will be waived if it has prosecutive merit and if it is heinous or of an aggravated character, or— even though less serious—if it represents a pattern of repeated offenses which indicate that the juvenile may be beyond rehabilitation under Juvenile Court procedures, or if the public needs the protection afforded by such action.

The determinative factors which will be considered by the Judge in deciding whether the Juvenile Court's jurisdiction over such offenses will be waived are the following:

1. The seriousness of the alleged offense to the community and whether the protection of the community requires waiver.

2. Whether the alleged offense was committed in an aggressive, violent, premeditated or willful manner.

3. Whether the alleged offense was against persons or against property, greater weight being given to offenses against persons especially if personal injury resulted.

4. The prosecutive merit of the complaint, i. e., whether there is evidence upon which a Grand Jury may be expected to return an indictment (to be determined by consultation with the United States Attorney).

5. The desirability of trial and disposition of the entire offense in one court when the juvenile's associates in the alleged offense are adults who will be charged with a crime in the U. S. District Court for the District of Columbia.

6. The sophistication and maturity of the juvenile as determined by consideration of his home, environmental situation, emotional attitude and pattern of living.

7. The record and previous history of the juvenile, including previous contacts with the Youth Aid Division, other law enforcement agencies, juvenile courts and other jurisdictions, prior periods of probation to this Court, or prior commitments to juvenile institutions.

8. The prospects for adequate protection of the public and the likelihood of reasonable rehabilitation of the juvenile (if he is found to have committed the alleged offense) by the use of procedures, services and facilities currently available to the Juvenile Court.

If and where considered a crime, sex acts performed by minors, don’t usually fall within these guidelines, especially in those absurd cases you mentioned in NY law.

edit on 26-6-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Like this: www.youtube.com...

Yes, this is a serious double standard in US law, and I remember it was discussed on ATS some time ago. Only actual adults should be tried as an adults.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yes, this is a serious double standard in US law, and I remember it was discussed on ATS some time ago. Only actual adults should be tried as an adults.

Yeah - but there are cases where minors have presented themselves falsely as adults - - and have been found guilty themselves - - rather then the actual adult.

So that is not a hard and fast law either.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Logically speaking, the severity of the crime is irrelevant. A minor is a minor. Either they are old enough to know what they are doing, or they aren't. If a three year old shot and killed someone they would not be tried as an adult, regardless of the severity of the "crime." And why is that, because a 3 year-old does not know right from wrong or the consequences of their action. Which is the very basis of statutory rape laws.

Or, it we are to make exceptions for the "severity" of the crime, then a person who has sex with a minor should be able to petition for a defense based on the minor lying about their age, or that the offender and the minor are truly in love, or that because they were classmates regardless of age the case should be tossed, etc. What we are talking about here is mitigating or extenuating circumstances.

The severity of the crime is actually all the MORE reason to say that the minor did not know the full gravity of their actions.

And as absurd as the laws may be in NY, the laws are indeed the laws. I for one find it absurd that a young man can be sent to prison and marked for life as a sex offender simply because his teenage girlfriend lied about her age. But that is no defense in most states. That too I find absurd.

In short, so long as the courts retain the right to prosecute a minor as an adult, for whatever reason, then so too should such "discretion" be able to be applied to the individual citizen when they engage in sexual relations.

But as I said, I am not endorsing sex with minors, just addressing the hypocrisy and ill-logic of the system in order to point out that statutory rapists could make the same argument as gays when petitioning for "equality."

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by CobraCommander

Like this: www.youtube.com...

And if that had been a female dog attacking a man he would have been charged with rape.

I do agree that this is indeed a serious double-standard on the part of the American justice system and how they view minors. Another example is young teen boys who are ordered to pay child support to their rapists.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yeah - but there are cases where minors have presented themselves falsely as adults - - and have been found guilty themselves - - rather then the actual adult.

In a statutory rape case? I'd love to see a link for that.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by carrionpawn

What special rights would you like?

How about hte one where you can marry the lady who you've been chewing on this evening?

Oh. You already had that one, didn't you?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Where did I say anything about statutory rape?

I didn't.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Where did I say anything about statutory rape?

I didn't.

Well then perhaps you could make yourself clearer because I have no idea what sort of cases you are talking about. You said the minor was found guilty rather than the adult. What exactly do you mean?

I should also point out that minors can also have charges adjudicated in juvenile courts without being charged as adults as well, whether or not their crime involved trying to present oneself as an adult.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Up until yesterday, marriage was THE fundamental principal by which moral reproduction was based.

This is what we taught our children, that they should not have children until they are married.

With this legislation, that all goes right out the window and makes all children b@stards.

Marriage can no longer be the primary tenet of moral reproduction if it no longer has anything to do with reproduction.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
sad, sad indeed, the true essence of the western values and morals are being slowly buried by the gay lobby agenda, it saddens me even more when I think in the childrens who will grow confused living with this people.

what we need is true freedom not licentiousness
and yes, I've no shame about my beliefs

I tell myself to be nice and I'm really sorry but...your post makes me laugh.

Yes true values for freedom and equality being buried. Sucks doesn't it?

If there is any agenda I'd say it's a liberal one. Though I dont have an issue with this. It saddens me how many stars you have. Are this many people ignorant?

At least eight people think that gay people are killing america. lol go join the WBC man.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join